Author Topic: The Fighting Tiger Fund - "Giving 110%" [merged]  (Read 65878 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: The Fighting Tiger Fund
« Reply #360 on: March 18, 2011, 10:15:16 AM »
Yes it was very male dominated. I'm 32 and while I didn't walk around the room it appeared that all were 40+

40+ aint old  ;D

Trust me  :thumbsup
I realise that, but it appeared other than myself that that was about the youngest age in the room. Definitely more in the 55+ bracket.
Yes well you would think those with more senior positions with thoae dollars to spare would be 40+. 
I agree, that's why I wrote it was to be expected. Just one of the things I noticed, that's all.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #361 on: March 18, 2011, 10:18:48 AM »
[KB's speech was the the most inspirational one I have heard since Martin Luther Kings "I have a dream"

spine tingling stuff

Got to agree

Have to also say that young Jack was super impressive as well - spoke from the heart I thought
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #362 on: March 18, 2011, 10:22:04 AM »
the club should release KBs speech to the members on the website

It made me love him again. awesome stuff

10 FLAGS

« Reply #363 on: March 18, 2011, 10:22:12 AM »
If the club has only reached 2.3 million in the fighting fund and the supporters had already raised $200k, the board $200k, and the players $125k, that means that only $1.775 million was raised last night from the supposed luminaries, the rich and others. PS - Just reported on SEN only $1.5 million raised last night.
only a tiger could put down 1.775 million minimum of free $$. ::)  :wallywink

absolutely spot on.

The club has raised $2.5 million it never had last night, yet some arent happy.

It was an amazing effort and an amazing night.

KB's speech was the the most inspirational one I have heard since Martin Luther Kings "I have a dream"

spine tingling stuff

You two blokes are having a lend of us all! You can you also stop taking my post out of context. I have clearly said that the money raised last night was a good start but that we have a long way to go and that there are people at the club who expected much more to be pledged.

I dont have any problem with what happened yesterday and Id appreciate it if you didnt take my quotes out of context. My only concern is with the numbers being quoted in regards to the Jeep sponsorship. On that issue, yes you can say that I am not pleased or happy with that result because that would be true but this other stuff your spouting about my views on the fighting fund result last night is simply not correct and you know that. :cheers

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #364 on: March 18, 2011, 10:32:19 AM »
If the club has only reached 2.3 million in the fighting fund and the supporters had already raised $200k, the board $200k, and the players $125k, that means that only $1.775 million was raised last night from the supposed luminaries, the rich and others. PS - Just reported on SEN only $1.5 million raised last night.
only a tiger could put down 1.775 million minimum of free $$. ::)  :wallywink

absolutely spot on.

KB's speech was the the most inspirational one I have heard since Martin Luther Kings "I have a dream"

spine tingling stuff

You two blokes are having a lend of us all! You can you also stop taking my post out of context. I have clearly said that the money raised last night was a good start but that we have a long way to go and that there are people at the club who expected much more to be pledged.

I dont have any problem with what happened yesterday and Id appreciate it if you didnt take my quotes out of context. My only concern is with the numbers being quoted in regards to the Jeep sponsorship. On that issue, yes you can say that I am not pleased or happy with that result because that would be true but this other stuff your spouting about my views on the fighting fund result last night is simply not correct and you know that. :cheers

Gee I am really glad you don't have a problem with what happened yesterday, god forbid you would.

We raised $2.5 million dollars. I dont think people understand how amazing that actually is. The club has $2.5 m it didnt have , what a proud and passionate fan base we have, we should all be proud of that, and not denigrating it in any way.

It is very easy to sit behind a keyboard and take pot shots and "be dissapointed" in people who give their life to the club.
The sponsorship money coming into the club will be at least 10% more than what it was last year. 5 new major corporate sponsors were unearthed.

In the prevailing economic climate and the fact that we are the worst performed club in the afl in the last 30  years, I would say that it was an outstanding result.

TBenny Gale has been sent to richmond from God

In Ben we trust

10 FLAGS

« Reply #365 on: March 18, 2011, 10:58:57 AM »
only a tiger could put down 1.775 million minimum of free $$. ::)  :wallywink

absolutely spot on.

spine tingling stuff

Gee I am really glad you don't have a problem with what happened yesterday, god forbid you would.

We raised $2.5 million dollars. I dont think people understand how amazing that actually is. The club has $2.5 m it didnt have , what a proud and passionate fan base we have, we should all be proud of that, and not denigrating it in any way.

It is very easy to sit behind a keyboard and take pot shots and "be dissapointed" in people who give their life to the club.
The sponsorship money coming into the club will be at least 10% more than what it was last year. 5 new major corporate sponsors were unearthed.

In the prevailing economic climate and the fact that we are the worst performed club in the afl in the last 30  years, I would say that it was an outstanding result.

In Ben we trust

I haven't said that raising 2.3 million in one month isnt amazing Blaisee. I agree with you about the supporter base. No one has denigrated anything and you know it. I have not taken pot shots from the cheap seats today and I havent said Im disappointed in anyone. Those are your words not mine. Although Im interested in this view you have of " people who give their life to the club" Who are these people? If 10% is the net rise in sponsorship income then its good although again I expected it to be higher. And finally yes times are  tough, yes weve been poo for 30 years but we are still Richmond, we are still a big club with a huge supporter base and I cant support the view that we should be lowering expectations, lowering ambition or anything else.  And one more thing, one of our big problems has been this messiah type syndrome that has enveloped Richmond. I respect Brendon Gale, I believe he's doing a top job but saying things like hes been sent to Richmond from God is well and truly over the top.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #366 on: March 18, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »
10 Flags - Sorry but that attitude just reeks of the one that got us in the poo in the first place.
This whole mentality that "we are Richmond and we deserve xxxx"
Until we prove ourselves, we just don't deserve anything like those that have

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: March 18, 2011, 11:13:15 AM »
only a tiger could put down 1.775 million minimum of free $$. ::)  :wallywink

absolutely spot on.

spine tingling stuff

In the prevailing economic climate and the fact that we are the worst performed club in the afl in the last 30  years, I would say that it was an outstanding result.

In Ben we trust

I haven't said that raising 2.3 million in one month isnt amazing Blaisee. I agree with you about the supporter base. No one has denigrated anything and you know it. I have not taken pot shots from the cheap seats today and I havent said Im disappointed in anyone. Those are your words not mine. Although Im interested in this view you have of " people who give their life to the club" Who are these people? If 10% is the net rise in sponsorship income then its good although again I expected it to be higher. And finally yes times are  tough, yes weve been poo for 30 years but we are still Richmond, we are still a big club with a huge supporter base and I cant support the view that we should be lowering expectations, lowering ambition or anything else.  And one more thing, one of our big problems has been this messiah type syndrome that has enveloped Richmond. I respect Brendon Gale, I believe he's doing a top job but saying things like hes been sent to Richmond from God is well and truly over the top.

I am the type of fan that prays for richmond to be competitive agian, to be well funded and well runa and professional, on that basis B Gale is the best chance we have of achieving those goals in the modern era, hence he is the answer to my prayers

10 FLAGS

« Reply #368 on: March 18, 2011, 11:15:51 AM »
And thats fair enough Blaisee.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #369 on: March 18, 2011, 01:22:03 PM »
As of March 18, 2011

$2.3 million

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #370 on: March 18, 2011, 01:39:13 PM »
im sure the total will double soon. :rollin

10 FLAGS

« Reply #371 on: March 18, 2011, 01:41:43 PM »

Did you win Powerball or something  :lol

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #372 on: March 18, 2011, 02:05:33 PM »

so you dont think we are able to double that total.
considering the shift in professionalism within the Punt rd
i would expect us to reach this target and perhaps even exceed
our target.

if one group of wealthy supporters are able to raise over 1m
im sure several others will be seen to be doing the same.  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #373 on: March 18, 2011, 02:05:54 PM »
So a rough guessimate of the breakdown is ....

220,000 ............ supporters' donations (pre-gala night)
   600,000 ............ gala attendees' entrance donations (200 people x $3000)
1,080,000 ............ anonymous benefactors group' donation
   250,000 ............ board, staff and players' donations
   150,000 ............ remainder of combined gala night donations (in excess of $3000 entry)
----------------------

10 FLAGS

« Reply #374 on: March 18, 2011, 02:07:17 PM »

so you dont think we are able to double that total.
considering the shift in professionalism within the Punt rd
i would expect us to reach this target and perhaps even exceed
our target.

if one group of wealthy supporters are able to raise over 1m
im sure several others will be seen to be doing the same.  :thumbsup

I'd expect that we would reach $6 million sometime this year. The sooner it happens the better. :cheers