Author Topic: Brett Deledio press conference - 27/11/15  (Read 9438 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brett Deledio press conference - 27/11/15
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2015, 03:11:41 PM »
I'll also reiterate that players are all on different pay packets. Different working conditions is just another difference. Senior players ticked off with this too. So although not ideal, it's quite acceptable.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2015, 04:04:36 PM »
Geelong never had blokes return in January. Richmond have opened up Pandora's box, Shaun Grigg no longer has to do boxing/weights and certain time trials prior to Xmas. It's cool, he's got that in his contract and senior players ticked off on it as did Peggy

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2015, 06:57:04 PM »
the best thing rance can do in the offseason is convert grigg so we dont have to see him for another 2 months
better than doing what the bible tells him to and going out and killing some muslims?

bless you my son, bless you

:thumbsup
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2015, 07:46:03 PM »
People can focus on it "only" being 3-4 weeks extra. But in the grand scheme of things he is spending a great amount of time away from a professional environment. How long until thinking "gee wiz I may skip this last sprint" turns into "I'm skipping this training session and having a burger".
Pre season isn't about returning back to your old fitness level, it's about pushing beyond that to be better. Let's wait and see if he makes as many contests this year

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2015, 08:34:03 PM »
Would you all prefer he retired from football? I can tell you that that was a serious and real alternative.

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2015, 08:41:51 PM »
don't need you to tell me he was considering retirement, it was all over the news. but yeah if he said i'm retiring unless you give me an extra month off, he could get stuffed. however i dont think it went down like that

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2015, 08:54:22 PM »
Would you all prefer he retired from football? I can tell you that that was a serious and real alternative.

Oh really? Man I didn't know that, it changes everything. Thanks for the inside info. Although I'd like it to be sourced otherwise secret information like that could get OER into trouble ::)

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2015, 09:03:43 PM »
It may have not gone down in those words.

How about "I'm really considering giving up the game because it is consuming my entire life.  I don't want more money. If I did I would take the offer from Freo. If there was a way I could get a better balance between my outside life and footy life I'd love that option".

RFC response "Would you consider some more time off in the preseason? How about we give you an extra month off? That way you'll have a straight 3 to 4 months off football and can rejoin us in the New Year."

Rance's reply: "As long as the boys think that's alright I'll seriously consider that as an option."

Later on…. RFC, "The leadership group has accepted the proposed changes to your playing contract and are willing to allow this to happen. They believe you are a vital cog in the team and do not want to lose you."

Rance, "Where do I sign?"

Maybe just a scary reenactment of what actually happened... :shh

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2015, 10:27:38 PM »
thanks caro

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2015, 11:47:44 AM »
Geelong never had blokes return in January. Richmond have opened up Pandora's box, Shaun Grigg no longer has to do boxing/weights and certain time trials prior to Xmas. It's cool, he's got that in his contract and senior players ticked off on it as did Peggy

Grigg is a complete ad utter hack

Rance is top ten in afl

Not really apples ad apples. 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2015, 05:34:27 PM »
Grigg is great and is highly regarded

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2015, 10:09:31 PM »
He's not great

What a stupid comment
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2015, 10:11:32 PM »
It may have not gone down in those words.

How about "I'm really considering giving up the game because it is consuming my entire life.  I don't want more money. If I did I would take the offer from Freo. If there was a way I could get a better balance between my outside life and footy life I'd love that option".

RFC response "Would you consider some more time off in the preseason? How about we give you an extra month off? That way you'll have a straight 3 to 4 months off football and can rejoin us in the New Year."

Rance's reply: "As long as the boys think that's alright I'll seriously consider that as an option."

Later on…. RFC, "The leadership group has accepted the proposed changes to your playing contract and are willing to allow this to happen. They believe you are a vital cog in the team and do not want to lose you."

Rance, "Where do I sign?"

Maybe just a scary reenactment of what actually happened... :shh

:lol