Author Topic: Dustin Martin - 300 games [merged]  (Read 931360 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #2280 on: September 16, 2013, 02:52:37 PM »
Football related?? Does he mean Coaching issues? issue with other players or not being allowed to play how he wants?
yeah, good questions.

If Martin nominates GWS as the club he wants to go to then we will certainly loose bargaining power but I doubt they would force him into the PSD. If he chooses a club above us on the ladder that will certainly help our case. Either way I think a fair and reasonable deal can be struck with any team. The minimum of a first round pick plus an established player would get it done.

yep, considering GWS pretty much gave us morris, and they instigated the deal, i think its a fair to assume they will not be out to screw us
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2281 on: September 16, 2013, 02:54:00 PM »
Sounds like we need to cut our losses here. He doesn't want to play by the rules and wants it all his way. Money, freedom, friends and his own way - reminding me of Troy Taylor and his house demands! I'm not sure we need a bloke like him around the club regardless. If we can get something like what we paid for him with draft picks then we need to jump on it imo

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2282 on: September 16, 2013, 02:54:15 PM »
As l posted you only get the truth  :shh

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2283 on: September 16, 2013, 02:57:03 PM »
Football related?? Does he mean Coaching issues? issue with other players or not being allowed to play how he wants?
yeah, good questions.

If Martin nominates GWS as the club he wants to go to then we will certainly loose bargaining power but I doubt they would force him into the PSD. If he chooses a club above us on the ladder that will certainly help our case. Either way I think a fair and reasonable deal can be struck with any team. The minimum of a first round pick plus an established player would get it done.

yep, considering GWS pretty much gave us morris, and they instigated the deal, i think its a fair to assume they will not be out to screw us

adding to that Sheeds is still there and he is a good man

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2284 on: September 16, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »
If Carlton can afford to pay overs for Thomas as a free agent and then another 600 for Martin on top of all their other players and we are apparently scraping the barrel for money in the salary cap something is seriously wrong!
Has nothing to do with salary cap being near 100%, not sure where this has been reported but it is not true?

It's been stated many times by the RFC that they will not deviate from their payment strategy model (the same Geelong use). Purpose of this is that they don't have any 1 player getting paid massive amounts and that we can stay competitive in free agency etc. Also ensures there is room for payments to the developing players when they come good to pay them more.

My post had nothing to do with us not paying Martin the 600k for salary cap issues, it was just a much broader statement about how reporters are saying we're near the cap and then suddenly Carlton seems to have a never ending cap

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2285 on: September 16, 2013, 02:59:25 PM »

Doesn't like to chase

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2286 on: September 16, 2013, 02:59:45 PM »
He was never going to sign. He was always going to leave once his contract was up. He had no respect for the club.
Hope his breaks his leg & his next contract will be his last.  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2287 on: September 16, 2013, 03:00:07 PM »
Many people bag Jack as being selfish yet he signed up for less than he could get on the open market. Cotch re signed for less than his value also, imo. These are the guys we want at our club and the culture will be better for it. Maybe now we will have one less stimulus for controversy at our club.I am bitterly disappointed at his decision but it may be a blessing in disguise .

Understand what you are saying and I agree with almost all of it bar the bit about Cotch. He is our highest paid player now and I don't think he took anything less than what he could have got on the open market. IMV the fact he only re-signed for 2 years rather than 4 and the comments he made about why it's only 2 years and being prepared to back himself in for a bigger deal in 2 years sort of confirmed that

But anyway it's not about Cotch it's about Dusty

The HUN reporting that Demon's Coach Paul Roos spoke to Carr a number of times last week

And can I say also (again) it will be hilarious if he changes his mind again and ends up staying

Actually interested to know how some people on here would feel about it?

People are whacking him (rightly) but what happens if by chance he ends up staying just like Rioli did back in the mid 1980's ( was going to the the Swans and changed his mind) or Campbell did in the 1990's
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2288 on: September 16, 2013, 03:00:38 PM »
yeah, good questions.

adding to that Sheeds is still there and he is a good man

Leon Cameron is now the coach and a former Richmond player so that may help us too in negotiations.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2289 on: September 16, 2013, 03:00:56 PM »
Many people bag Jack as being selfish yet he signed up for less than he could get on the open market. Cotch re signed for less than his value also, imo. These are the guys we want at our club and the culture will be better for it. Maybe now we will have one less stimulus for controversy at our club.I am bitterly disappointed at his decision but it may be a blessing in disguise .

Understand what you are saying and I agree with almost all of it bar the bit about Cotch. He is our highest paid player now and I don't think he took anything less than what he could have got on the open market. IMV the fact he only re-signed for 2 years rather than 4 and the comments he made about why it's only 2 years and being prepared to back himself in for a bigger deal in 2 years sort of confirmed that

The HUN reporting that Demon's Coach Paul Roos spoke to Carr a number of times last week

And can I say also (again) it will be hilarious if he changes his mind again and ends up staying

People are whacking him (rightly) but what happens if by chance he ends up staying just like Rioli did back in the mid 1980's ( was going to the the Swans and changed his mind) or Campbell did in the 1990's

Still a tosser.

tony_montana

« Reply #2290 on: September 16, 2013, 03:03:25 PM »

Lost all respect for the flog. Has shown he has no honour and puts himself before the jumper(which is his prerogative fair enough) but he's lost me as a massive fan. If he left or stayed I honestly couldn't give a stuff now and would rather he did tbh. Not dealing with a full deck of cards

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2291 on: September 16, 2013, 03:04:14 PM »
Very disappointed if he leaves. Would be a real blow. Need to up offer.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2292 on: September 16, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »
Gee this gets funnier by the minute  ;D

AFL website have now changed their tune and removed the reference to having "quit" to:

DUSTIN Martin has told Richmond he will pursue offers from other clubs, raising the possibility he will leave the Tigers.

See: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-16/martin-quits-tigers

Think we call it "hedging ones bets"  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #2293 on: September 16, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »
Very disappointed if he leaves. Would be a real blow. Need to up offer.

No

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2294 on: September 16, 2013, 03:06:41 PM »

Lost all respect for the flog. Has shown he has no honour and puts himself before the jumper(which is his prerogative fair enough) but he's lost me as a massive fan. If he left I honestly couldn't give a stuff and would rather he did. Not dealing with a full deck of cards

Dustin Martin = malakies.

Sadly as you put it Tone not dealing with a full deck of cards.
Irony is if he ends up at Melb and we were laughing when Scully left.
Pick 2 and the priority pick is on the table for us. :yep