Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1087713 times)

Rampstar

Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3060 on: September 27, 2013, 04:38:51 PM »
Tony Sheahan ‏@TonySheahan 8m

Wayward @Richmond_FC star Dustin Martin expected to announce new contract with Tigers' Monday night @ club's b&f awards. Crisis averted

what a magnificent player we have on our hands  ;D

Ramps, pull your head in and stop being a idiot  :sleep

just having a bit of fun thats all. its friday

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #3061 on: September 27, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »

Wayward @Richmond_FC star Dustin Martin expected to announce new contract with Tigers' Monday night @ club's b&f awards. Crisis averted

:rollin

Now I am attneding the B&F please let me know if you good folk want me to pass on your own personal best wishes or a collective message from OER  ;D

I never took you as a sarcastic prick until some of the posts i have read in the past few days. Disapointing that a forum owner shows no respect for his posters and actually shows hidden contempt for them in his postings.

Why don't you just tell Dustin what YOU think and leave it at that. :cheers
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Rampstar

« Reply #3062 on: September 27, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »

Now I am attneding the B&F please let me know if you good folk want me to pass on your own personal best wishes or a collective message from OER  ;D

I never took you as a sarcastic prick until some of the posts i have read in the past few days. Disapointing that a forum owner shows no respect for his posters and actually shows hidden contempt for them in his postings.

dont take it so personally rodger. its a forum and some of us having been taking the pee over the last few days for a bit of fun. people shouldnt get so uptight about issues like this IMHO. :cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3063 on: September 27, 2013, 04:51:26 PM »

Let's hope Tony actual knows this is happening and isn't just basing his info on tweets posted on OER  ;D.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #3064 on: September 27, 2013, 05:01:05 PM »

dont take it so personally rodger. its a forum and some of us having been taking the pee over the last few days for a bit of fun. people shouldnt get so uptight about issues like this IMHO. :cheers

Not taking it personally ramps. Just calling it as i see it and it has been really poor form.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:13:50 PM by Rodgerramjet »
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3065 on: September 27, 2013, 05:35:06 PM »
New rumours saying he has signed at $1.9 million for 4 years......

I hope that that is correct as I don't want to be going through this again in 2 years! :rollin
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3066 on: September 27, 2013, 05:47:13 PM »
Trent was a guest speaker at a breakfast this morning and was asked about Martin. Trent's answer to this question was that he was catching up with Dustin today to talk some sense into him

I hope the talk went well :pray

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3067 on: September 27, 2013, 05:50:21 PM »
New rumours saying he has signed at $1.9 million for 4 years......

I hope that that is correct as I don't want to be going through this again in 2 years! :rollin
If true that would be very strange indeed, unless there were performance based bonuses on top of that.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3068 on: September 27, 2013, 06:09:37 PM »

What are you on about?

Where have I been disrespectful or shown contempt?

Ever thought for a minute I'm like a lot of people just sick of the whole saga

Just having a bit of fun now because let's be honest there is much else we can do until this is sorted one way or the other

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3069 on: September 27, 2013, 06:12:24 PM »
Your clutching Redan.

No one is that stupid to risk letting him go into the PSD for nothing.

If, and i say big if, we do that well the club are finished and all should hand in their resignation

Crap, absolute crap. The club need to hold their ground period otherwise we truly are finished.

If we get nothing for this silly individual then so be it. He DOES NOT dictate to our club. We are not going to be undermined by a fool.

Pity we didn't make this stand years ago with the crap, absolute crap players we did bow down to....Martin is a star and will be a champion for years to come, a fool you say, I don't think so. The club are the fools for taking a stand against a player that is one of the best we have had and will have....they should of done it years ago and this crap wouldn't be happening.

SIGN HIM UP $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.......pay him. ;D :gotigers

We paid overs in the first place when GWS were circling.
All Vlad's fault.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3070 on: September 27, 2013, 06:18:19 PM »
nah, WAT is right. If a player is potentially good enough we should just bow to whatever demands they make. Let the players call the shots for sure. After all, that is what all the successful clubs do.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #3071 on: September 27, 2013, 06:31:46 PM »
Sheehan tweeted this about an hour after:
Tony Sheahan ‏@TonySheahan
@CherylCritchley @Richmond_FC crisis if he doesn't put pen to paper
What a stuffing dope. That's no news at all.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3072 on: September 27, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »
Never had to cop this with Ben Nason...
Caracella and Balmey.

tony_montana

« Reply #3073 on: September 27, 2013, 06:41:34 PM »
Martin and Tigers stuck in standoff

Caroline Wilson
    The Age
    September 27, 2013

The Dustin Martin saga has taken another twist with the 22-year-old sticking with his manager Ralph Carr and refusing to engage in contract talks alone with Richmond.

The Tigers are again envisaging a future without the troubled but talented young star, with Martin awaiting the arrival of his father, Shane, in Melbourne on Monday before making his next move.

And Carr has lashed out at his critics, telling The Age: ''I stand by everything I have said and I stand by the way I have represented this kid. My business has been sullied and my reputation has been damaged. I care about Dustin. He's a terrific kid and I've been misrepresented. I'm not an advocate for players changing clubs and I've always hoped that Dustin would stay at Richmond. He wears Royce Hart's number for heaven's sake. I've told Dustin that, just as I told Travis Cloke that last year. Richmond knows our position and there needs to be some dialogue.''

The Tigers continue to maintain that Martin is a required player but stand to lose him to the draft should a deal not be achieved.

Martin is understood to have instructed Richmond this week to deal with Carr after the player failed to attend a meeting with football boss Daniel Richardson and his offsider, Blair Hartley, at Punt Road on Monday.

Carr has indicated his frustration that club CEO Brendon Gale has not responded to his calls in the past and claimed Martin has been disappointed in Richmond's criticism of his management style.

Richmond and Carr have not been in contact this week, leaving the prospect of no deal being reached before Monday's Jack Dyer Medal count, in which Martin will poll well.

The expectation had been that Martin, after meeting coach Damien Hardwick late last week and previously being rejected by Greater Western Sydney, would return to the club and reach an agreement this week. But the Martin camp has continued to baulk at the Tigers' two-year offer of close to $1 million - an offer that could now prove heavily conditional, with performance and behavioural clauses.

Carr had indicated previously he had been obeying instructions in taking Martin to tour the Giants' facilities in Sydney's inner west, claiming the player had shown interest in living closer to his father and away from Melbourne's fishbowl football environment. He has also accused Richmond of suggesting Martin change managers.

No club has as yet made an offer to Martin, although his management has previously maintained he would achieve close to $600,000 annually should he place himself in the draft. ''They know our position,'' said Carr of the Tigers, adding he had no issue with Martin's behaviour on Brownlow night. ''I care about Dustin,'' said Carr. ''I thought it was fair enough after a long season that he had a drink.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/martin-and-tigers-stuck-in-standoff-20130926-2uh18.html

Cya later Dustin. Been nice knowing ya as a Richmond player but its time to move on young man, you dont want to be one of us. See ya!

Where has he ever said he doesn't want to be one of us??

actions speak louder than words

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3074 on: September 27, 2013, 06:43:23 PM »
 :lol