Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1087739 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3030 on: September 27, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »
If we offered him $420k be would probably just say F off and leave.

Even I think that's too low!

Yet I'm desperate for tangible evidence that he will stay...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3031 on: September 27, 2013, 09:47:08 AM »
I haven't read a chapter in ages. Someone tell me what my opinion should be.
Just make sure it's different to what it was yesterday and what it will be tomorrow  :rollin

But what was it yesterday exactly  :-\

I've forgotten  :'(

Or maybe I just got it confused with the day before or what it may be next week  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #3032 on: September 27, 2013, 09:48:47 AM »
Reckon today's chapter is "there's the door, don't ......."

;D :rollin  ;D

See youre  up nice and early to destroy my days agenda. What a disgrace. Dusty sign up or dont let the door hit your arse on the way out.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 02:42:21 PM by Rampstar »

Rampstar

« Reply #3033 on: September 27, 2013, 10:01:45 AM »
Martin and Tigers stuck in standoff

Caroline Wilson
    The Age
    September 27, 2013

The Dustin Martin saga has taken another twist with the 22-year-old sticking with his manager Ralph Carr and refusing to engage in contract talks alone with Richmond.

The Tigers are again envisaging a future without the troubled but talented young star, with Martin awaiting the arrival of his father, Shane, in Melbourne on Monday before making his next move.

And Carr has lashed out at his critics, telling The Age: ''I stand by everything I have said and I stand by the way I have represented this kid. My business has been sullied and my reputation has been damaged. I care about Dustin. He's a terrific kid and I've been misrepresented. I'm not an advocate for players changing clubs and I've always hoped that Dustin would stay at Richmond. He wears Royce Hart's number for heaven's sake. I've told Dustin that, just as I told Travis Cloke that last year. Richmond knows our position and there needs to be some dialogue.''

The Tigers continue to maintain that Martin is a required player but stand to lose him to the draft should a deal not be achieved.

Martin is understood to have instructed Richmond this week to deal with Carr after the player failed to attend a meeting with football boss Daniel Richardson and his offsider, Blair Hartley, at Punt Road on Monday.

Carr has indicated his frustration that club CEO Brendon Gale has not responded to his calls in the past and claimed Martin has been disappointed in Richmond's criticism of his management style.

Richmond and Carr have not been in contact this week, leaving the prospect of no deal being reached before Monday's Jack Dyer Medal count, in which Martin will poll well.

The expectation had been that Martin, after meeting coach Damien Hardwick late last week and previously being rejected by Greater Western Sydney, would return to the club and reach an agreement this week. But the Martin camp has continued to baulk at the Tigers' two-year offer of close to $1 million - an offer that could now prove heavily conditional, with performance and behavioural clauses.

Carr had indicated previously he had been obeying instructions in taking Martin to tour the Giants' facilities in Sydney's inner west, claiming the player had shown interest in living closer to his father and away from Melbourne's fishbowl football environment. He has also accused Richmond of suggesting Martin change managers.

No club has as yet made an offer to Martin, although his management has previously maintained he would achieve close to $600,000 annually should he place himself in the draft. ''They know our position,'' said Carr of the Tigers, adding he had no issue with Martin's behaviour on Brownlow night. ''I care about Dustin,'' said Carr. ''I thought it was fair enough after a long season that he had a drink.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/martin-and-tigers-stuck-in-standoff-20130926-2uh18.html

Cya later Dustin. Been nice knowing ya as a Richmond player but its time to move on young man, you dont want to be one of us. See ya!

dwaino

« Reply #3034 on: September 27, 2013, 10:07:59 AM »
Flipped a coin this morning. It's a dusty can go EAD day.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3035 on: September 27, 2013, 10:09:13 AM »
Reckon today's chapter is "there's the door, don't ......."

;D :rollin  ;D

How about making the next chapter, "The backhanded cash grab tattoo"?

My mail is that you don't get one of them plastered on your mitt and then join the philanthropy society.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #3036 on: September 27, 2013, 10:43:46 AM »
I think it is a Dusty will go day.
RFC says who he can can't be mates with.
RFC says who he can and can't go on holiday with
RFC says what he can and can't drink
RFC says he can't take drugs
RFC... who's your daddy Dustin?

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #3037 on: September 27, 2013, 11:01:31 AM »
what is all this rubbish ?????
Dusty to re-sign on Monday is the latest word. The guy claiming it is saying he's 100% 200% sure. It would've been announced tomorrow if not for the Grand Final swamping all the footy world's focus.

Don't agree with this information.

Why would you not get a mans signature today on a deal if you can get it? The answer to that question is, you wouldn't you would get it now.

Why would you be so incompetent as to wait another 4 days to get a signing when god knows what can happen to come in and potentially derail this negotiation yet again.

Either he has already signed and the club are delaying the announcement till monday, which I doubt or the above statement in quotes above is false.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3038 on: September 27, 2013, 11:50:49 AM »
I tell you there are a lot of shady people in the entertainment industry.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3039 on: September 27, 2013, 11:54:55 AM »
what is all this rubbish ?????
Dusty to re-sign on Monday is the latest word. The guy claiming it is saying he's 100% 200% sure. It would've been announced tomorrow if not for the Grand Final swamping all the footy world's focus.

Don't agree with this information.

Why would you not get a mans signature today on a deal if you can get it? The answer to that question is, you wouldn't you would get it now.

Why would you be so incompetent as to wait another 4 days to get a signing when god knows what can happen to come in and potentially derail this negotiation yet again.

Either he has already signed and the club are delaying the announcement till monday, which I doubt or the above statement in quotes above is false.
Is it coincidence that Dusty is predicted to re-sign on Monday and that his father is supposed to be flying into Melbourne on the same day?
I got a feeling that Dusty does not wish to sign anything unless his father is present, especially with the manager that he has.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3040 on: September 27, 2013, 11:56:15 AM »
Another Carlton shady tosser.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3041 on: September 27, 2013, 12:14:05 PM »
Martin and Tigers stuck in standoff

Caroline Wilson
    The Age
    September 27, 2013

The Dustin Martin saga has taken another twist with the 22-year-old sticking with his manager Ralph Carr and refusing to engage in contract talks alone with Richmond.

The Tigers are again envisaging a future without the troubled but talented young star, with Martin awaiting the arrival of his father, Shane, in Melbourne on Monday before making his next move.

And Carr has lashed out at his critics, telling The Age: ''I stand by everything I have said and I stand by the way I have represented this kid. My business has been sullied and my reputation has been damaged. I care about Dustin. He's a terrific kid and I've been misrepresented. I'm not an advocate for players changing clubs and I've always hoped that Dustin would stay at Richmond. He wears Royce Hart's number for heaven's sake. I've told Dustin that, just as I told Travis Cloke that last year. Richmond knows our position and there needs to be some dialogue.''

The Tigers continue to maintain that Martin is a required player but stand to lose him to the draft should a deal not be achieved.

Martin is understood to have instructed Richmond this week to deal with Carr after the player failed to attend a meeting with football boss Daniel Richardson and his offsider, Blair Hartley, at Punt Road on Monday.

Carr has indicated his frustration that club CEO Brendon Gale has not responded to his calls in the past and claimed Martin has been disappointed in Richmond's criticism of his management style.

Richmond and Carr have not been in contact this week, leaving the prospect of no deal being reached before Monday's Jack Dyer Medal count, in which Martin will poll well.

The expectation had been that Martin, after meeting coach Damien Hardwick late last week and previously being rejected by Greater Western Sydney, would return to the club and reach an agreement this week. But the Martin camp has continued to baulk at the Tigers' two-year offer of close to $1 million - an offer that could now prove heavily conditional, with performance and behavioural clauses.

Carr had indicated previously he had been obeying instructions in taking Martin to tour the Giants' facilities in Sydney's inner west, claiming the player had shown interest in living closer to his father and away from Melbourne's fishbowl football environment. He has also accused Richmond of suggesting Martin change managers.

No club has as yet made an offer to Martin, although his management has previously maintained he would achieve close to $600,000 annually should he place himself in the draft. ''They know our position,'' said Carr of the Tigers, adding he had no issue with Martin's behaviour on Brownlow night. ''I care about Dustin,'' said Carr. ''I thought it was fair enough after a long season that he had a drink.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/martin-and-tigers-stuck-in-standoff-20130926-2uh18.html

Cya later Dustin. Been nice knowing ya as a Richmond player but its time to move on young man, you dont want to be one of us. See ya!

Where has he ever said he doesn't want to be one of us??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3042 on: September 27, 2013, 12:33:38 PM »
After reading the article my thoughts are that Carr and Martin are quite prepared to risk going to the draft with a price on his head, betting someone somewhere will pay the $600k price.
I don't think Richmond are going to bite at that price and they've had a gutfull and are preparing to lose him without compensation if necessary.

The question then becomes whether it is worthwhile for any club to pay that amount of money in the draft. If the answer is "Yes" then they will have to pay a high draft pick to ensure they get him before others are tempted.

The next question is whether this club, prepared to pay his wage AND spend a high draft pick, will simply decide on the safer option of trading with Richmond.
If so, we stand a good chance of at least getting something for him which is where I can see Adams (either as direct trade or draft pick trade) coming into the picture.

IMO Martin has shown he doesn't care about the club or his team mates, only getting the most money in the easiest way possible. If that's his attitude then I don't want him at the club. I would rather Adams as he has already shown more character, resilience, team spirit and desire.

The only problem with this thinking is if no-one decides to pay the price in the National Draft. If that happens then I could see his price being dropped in the PSD where we would not have a decent pick to compete. Do the rules say that you must nominate the same price for BOTH the ND and PSD?

Whatever happens I'm over it.
I'm getting to the stage where I don't even care if we get nothing for him.
He's only one player and the club has, and will, survive worse.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3043 on: September 27, 2013, 12:35:53 PM »
Your clutching Redan.

No one is that stupid to risk letting him go into the PSD for nothing.

If, and i say big if, we do that well the club are finished and all should hand in their resignation

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3044 on: September 27, 2013, 12:37:57 PM »
Your clutching Redan.

No one is that stupid to risk letting him go into the PSD for nothing.

If, and i say big if, we do that well the club are finished and all should hand in their resignation

Totally agree, we wold be absolutely stupid to lose a top 3 pick for zero.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"