Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1087641 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3105 on: September 28, 2013, 09:33:31 AM »
Not only is it looking likely that he will go but its looking more and more likely that he will go for nothing.  :banghead Sounds like Dusty, rightly or wrongly, is bitter and angry now and willing to stick it up the Tigers by going into the draft and earning less if need be just to make a point. Stupid. Hopefully this is an education to all players and managers at the club at the very least.

I'm back to thinking that we should actively seek a trade so we can at least get something for him. His baggage seems to be just growing and he seems to have no appreciation of the support he has received from the club or the fact he has ongoing issues. I'm starting to increasingly believe that he is under the illusion that all the problems lie with Richmond and he is the victim here.  :o

Even if he stays, this doesn't bode well for his future attitude and performance regardless  :help

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3106 on: September 28, 2013, 09:33:44 AM »
nah, WAT is right. If a player is potentially good enough we should just bow to whatever demands they make. Let the players call the shots for sure. After all, that is what all the successful clubs do.

"Potentially"  are you for real, his Brownlow votes this year have completely dispelled your comments as complete crap.....yet gain. He is a match winner and a star, we don't have many of them do we?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3107 on: September 28, 2013, 11:47:32 AM »
nah, WAT is right. If a player is potentially good enough we should just bow to whatever demands they make. Let the players call the shots for sure. After all, that is what all the successful clubs do.

"Potentially"  are you for real, his Brownlow votes this year have completely dispelled your comments as complete crap.....yet gain. He is a match winner and a star, we don't have many of them do we?

Tell me again when he put 4 quarters together and won us a game? I must of missed that one

tony_montana

« Reply #3108 on: September 28, 2013, 11:52:17 AM »

Tell me again when he put 4 quarters together and won us a game? I must of missed that one

In all fairness you cant question his output, stands up and performs in big games more than anyone on our list imo. But all that aside, you don't just bend over with no lube and say fire away. The way some posters are carrying on abt sign him up at whatever cost is ridiculous

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3109 on: September 28, 2013, 11:53:38 AM »
Not only is it looking likely that he will go but its looking more and more likely that he will go for nothing.  :banghead Sounds like Dusty, rightly or wrongly, is bitter and angry now and willing to stick it up the Tigers by going into the draft and earning less if need be just to make a point. Stupid. Hopefully this is an education to all players and managers at the club at the very least.

I'm back to thinking that we should actively seek a trade so we can at least get something for him. His baggage seems to be just growing and he seems to have no appreciation of the support he has received from the club or the fact he has ongoing issues. I'm starting to increasingly believe that he is under the illusion that all the problems lie with Richmond and he is the victim here.  :o

Even if he stays, this doesn't bode well for his future attitude and performance regardless  :help

This would just be worst worst case scenario and would add to the pain of technically another failed pick. He needs to be careful, he could go into the draft and be sent to Adelaide or West Coast. Or even worse, unlikely, but what if no1 picked him up. If he put 600k on his head, not many clubs could afford him or want him? Its a huge risk.

Personally can see him being traded to Brisbane for their first pick and Polec.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3110 on: September 28, 2013, 11:56:34 AM »
Personally I think he's worth 600k. In terms of football output and his potential.

He's no injury prone, he's 22 and has 8 years of genuine football in him, he wins games of his own boot, kicks goals and polls Brownlow votes. He's the full package.

However I think the club have seen the fact that we employ Mark Williams to mentor him and put (x) amount of hours into Dustin to keep him out of the papers and the clink that his value is 75-100k less due to the amount of money we put in to prevent a catastrophe.

As long as we don't lose him for nothing I don't really care what happens.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #3111 on: September 28, 2013, 12:05:56 PM »
Isn't Ralphy a Carltoon's supporter
Former Blues board member.
What a stuffing joke this bloke is.
I don't blame the club for not wanting to deal with this cock sucker, shouldn't even be allowed into the RFC. that lying cheating scumbag Carltank idiot.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3112 on: September 28, 2013, 12:34:59 PM »

Your kidding me.. :huh

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Rampstar

« Reply #3113 on: September 28, 2013, 12:37:28 PM »

Sorry WA but can you tell me when he actually won a game for us coz I cant recall him doing that. He is not a star either. A star plays well for 4 quarters  and he does it for the entire season. Dustin Martin is no star at this stage IMHO.

tony_montana

« Reply #3114 on: September 28, 2013, 12:57:59 PM »
-was our best vs Sydney in Sydney,
-Our best vs Freo here when we won the game, and in our bests when we lost to them by a point.
-in our bests vs hawks,
-best vs GC when we broke our duck,
-In our bests against the eagles over there,
-our best vs Adelaide here
-kicked 1.4 in dreamtime but wasn't alone in being disappointing that night, but at least he was trying to make it happen unlike our other stars
-was our best along with Lids vs Port in Adelaide
-Plenty of other games he was in our bests too.

I don't like whats happening with his contract renogotiations but cant stand the bourdes that hes not a matchwinner or gamebreaker or in our best 3-4. He is a gun and easily in our best 4 already which is extraordinary given his still subpar motor. If he develops a tank will be anything.

Gigantor

« Reply #3115 on: September 28, 2013, 12:59:56 PM »
Dusty the footballer is a gem and at 22 he should only get better,however at some point if the stories are right his poor lifestyle will probably derail this

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3116 on: September 28, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »
-Our best vs Freo here when we won the game, and in our bests when we lost to them by a point.
-in our bests vs hawks,
-kicked 1.4 in dreamtime but wasn't alone in being disappointing that night, but at least he was trying to make it happen unlike our other stars

I don't like whats happening with his contract renogotiations but cant stand the bourdes that hes not a matchwinner or gamebreaker or in our best 3-4. He is a gun and easily in our best 4 already which is extraordinary given his still subpar motor. If he develops a tank will be anything.

That game against Freo in particular. How many times he drifted back and cut their forward passage off is what gave us the momentum to win...

"Rucks:

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3117 on: September 28, 2013, 02:20:59 PM »
-in our bests vs hawks,

He is all that, but I still maintain he rarely if ever plays 4 full quarters.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3118 on: September 28, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »
We never had this problem with Andrew Browne.  >:(
:lol

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3119 on: September 28, 2013, 03:21:50 PM »