Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1087581 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3135 on: September 29, 2013, 12:13:11 PM »
Jay Clark ‏@ClarkyHeraldSun twitter:

"So, Richmond is only club who wants Dusty, as we thought all along. What a shemozzle. Club's faith in a high maintenance player tested."

--------------------------------------------------

If the media thought that all along then why weren't they reporting it all along! :huh3
:clapping

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3136 on: September 29, 2013, 12:15:43 PM »
No one wants him coz hes not worth what he thinks hes worth. At best hes a $400,000 per year player and thats at the top of the range. The club should offer him $325,000 per year for 3 years.

supply and demand Ramps and clearly there is no demand.

so id go 400k with  incentives to earn over 450k and beyond. Give him a target to reach.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Rampstar

« Reply #3137 on: September 29, 2013, 12:26:04 PM »
its pretty simple daniel youre correct no one wants him and it seems to me he doesnt want us so he has a problem. personally if they gave him the arse I wouldnt be much bothered. plenty of players have come and gone and the RFC is still here. he will just be replaced by a kid who wants an opportunity to be a Richmond player.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3138 on: September 29, 2013, 12:29:58 PM »
Barrett on the Sunday Footy Show claiming Dusty will have to stay at Richmond for 80k less than he is getting now. The only club that wants him is the club he is already at - Richmond.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3139 on: September 29, 2013, 12:34:04 PM »
il be honest i was of the opposite view at the beginning, but now im not fussed as long as we pick up an Adams type compensation.

Something is amiss if no club wants you yet you are still dragging this saga out. He may well sign Monday but we need everyone on the same page or we wont get much higher than lower reaches of the 8.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3140 on: September 29, 2013, 12:59:43 PM »
Strong rumour that Ralph Carr has upped the ante on Dusty......

He will be standing under Flinders St clocks with the sign "Will drop pants for food" draped around his neck
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #3141 on: September 29, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »
Barrett on the Sunday Footy Show claiming Dusty will have to stay at Richmond for 80k less than he is getting now. The only club that wants him is the club he is already at - Richmond.

as if that would be the case, so lets say he s on 450, we are offering him like 370, yeah right ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3142 on: September 29, 2013, 01:45:37 PM »

as if that would be the case, so lets say he s on 450, we are offering him like 370, yeah right ::)
Agree, someone has leaked a rumour to Parrot as a gag and he's run with it. Lol

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3143 on: September 29, 2013, 01:50:05 PM »
This saga needs to end. They need to start talking again-straight away. The longer it goes on the more chance the relationship between player and club will never repair. If we are to have a shot at the finals next year we need Martin.

Rampstar

« Reply #3144 on: September 29, 2013, 02:00:59 PM »
This saga needs to end. They need to start talking again-straight away. The longer it goes on the more chance the relationship between player and club will never repair. If we are to have a shot at the finals next year we need Martin.

the relationship already seems broken to me.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3145 on: September 29, 2013, 02:53:21 PM »
As l stated previously  ;D Its a stand against the club trying to run his life outside of football

CARLTON  >>>>>>>>>>>>>

No F ing room at Carlton****** pal!!!!!!

every club has room to buy players. That's why they delist players. Why players take salary cuts to make room. Don't you know nothing about professional football. Clubs have not finished chopping players yet. Martin is just bleeding the club. Him & Conners will be laughing at us if he signs with another club. l hope the club stands firm cause martin aint worth his asking price.

Monk you seem to contradicting yourself  :-\

One post you say the problem is the supposed behavioural clauses the RFC want to put in his contract

The next you say it's about his asking price

They are 2 very different thing IMVHO

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3146 on: September 29, 2013, 03:01:05 PM »

This whole process has been about manager trying to get maximum value for his client though hasn't it? I've never really believed that dusty was unhappy at punt road or disliked the playing group. It has always been reported quite the opposite prior to this fiasco.

Correct, this whole thing has been about what Carr has told his client and by extension his clients family he can get $$ wise, hence why I used the analogy months ago about promising a Maserati when all he could deliver was a BMW (rather than talking actually $$)

I dont why in the last 72 hours people are suddenly saying Dusty doesn't want to be at Richmond or why the relationship is supposedly broken.

I seriously don't see anything being different than what it was a fortnight ago when Carr pulled his latest stunt which he's followed up with a sook in the media on Thursday night with Caro

End of the day what happens, happens  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3147 on: September 29, 2013, 03:06:52 PM »
As l stated previously  ;D Its a stand against the club trying to run his life outside of football

CARLTON  >>>>>>>>>>>>>

No F ing room at Carlton****** pal!!!!!!

every club has room to buy players. That's why they delist players. Why players take salary cuts to make room. Don't you know nothing about professional football. Clubs have not finished chopping players yet. Martin is just bleeding the club. Him & Conners will be laughing at us if he signs with another club. l hope the club stands firm cause martin aint worth his asking price.

Monk you seem to contradicting yourself  :-\

One post you say the problem is the supposed behavioural clauses the RFC want to put in his contract

The next you say it's about his asking price

They are 2 very different thing IMVHO

No l don't know what is in his contract or what anyone wants to put in his contract. Just know he does not like the club controlling his life from what l have heard. None of them like to be controlled outside of work. Heard it so many times from current players & retired players & not just at RFC but other clubs. Everyone knows he wants more money or their would be no issue so l don't know what your getting at contradicting myself. It common that any players management to get more than what the players are worth so the manager gets a bigger cut. Why don't you ask him yourself at the B&F what his problem is. We will all know next week.

Gigantor

« Reply #3148 on: September 29, 2013, 03:48:59 PM »
I reckon bravo to RFC for protecting Dusty .I think RFC learned a lot from the Cuzz days ,and the football world is right we are probably the best fit for Dusty right now

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3149 on: September 29, 2013, 05:21:47 PM »
Jay Clark ‏@ClarkyHeraldSun twitter:

"So, Richmond is only club who wants Dusty, as we thought all along. What a shemozzle. Club's faith in a high maintenance player tested."

--------------------------------------------------

If the media thought that all along then why weren't they reporting it all along! :huh3

Yep, thought the headlines were "Martin quits Richmond" not "Martin shopping around but will stay at Richmond"