Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1087462 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3165 on: September 29, 2013, 10:22:34 PM »
Well I heard he and Connors were .... the night before they missed training.

Really hope its not true but given the reaction from RFC toward Connors the day after you have to wonder if there was something more to it. Hopefully all behind him now.

Edit: Unproven hearsay/rumours of that nature puts the site at legal risk. Unless it's reported in the media, it should be left off the forum.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 11:08:43 PM by one-eyed »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3166 on: September 29, 2013, 10:58:51 PM »
Richmond star Dustin Martin will attend the club's best and fairest despite remaining unsigned

Jon Ralph
    September 30, 2013

DUSTIN Martin will front up at tonight's Jack Dyer Medal at Crown Ca-sino despite his manager's unwillingness to restart contract negotiations.

The Tigers seem the last club standing after Brisbane officially withdrew from their initial contract discussions with the 22-year-old yesterday.

It means only a shock backflip from a Melbourne club that has already denied interest in Martin will give manager Ralph Carr leverage in talks with Richmond.

Martin has refused to deal individually with Richmond in meetings without Carr, despite the hopes of some senior Tigers he might eventually part company with the rock star manager.

That means the Tigers are in Carr’s hands, despite being prepared to offer him a contract that could ultimately reap Martin $1 million over two years.

Martin seemed comfortable sitting on the same Richmond table as his teammates as the Brownlow Medal and he will return to that venue tonight.

Martin should poll extremely well and is expected to finish top-three after polling 16 Brownlow Medal votes, behind only skipper Trent Cotchin.

Brisbane has joined Greater Western Sydney in pulling out of the race for Martin, saying they had advised Carr late last week.

“After evaluating or list and discussions with our general manager Football operations, Dean Warren, and senior coach, Justin Leppitsch, we have decided not to pursue Dustin in the upcoming trade period,” list manager Rob Kerr said.

“We wish Dustin all the best in his career but at this point in time our key focus is on retaining the Club’s young talent, and we’re working hard to try and achieve this.”

Tigers captain Cotchin said last week the Tigers would welcome back Martin with open arms if he re-signed.

‘’He’s definitely a very important part of our future and he’s a very talented player,” Cotchin told the Herald Sun.

“I obviously saw him on Brownlow night, I speak to him probably every second day.

“As it’s been mentioned a number of times, it’s probably one of those things where it’s up to the player, his management and the club to work through. Until that happens that’s about as much as I know about it.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-star-dustin-martin-will-attend-the-clubs-best-and-fairest-despite-remaining-unsigned/story-fndv8t7m-1226729526421#mm-breached

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3167 on: September 30, 2013, 04:18:06 AM »
It would be a travesty if this thread didn't make it to 100 pages. Lets hope someone somewhere has a photo of Ralph Carr lifting a bat towards a dressing room
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3168 on: September 30, 2013, 07:08:55 AM »
I think by tomorrow night this issue will be settled one way or another and we'll know whether he's at the B&F or the Rhianna concert.

If nothing else it will tell us his mindset. I think he'll be at the B&F.....................begrudgingly  :-\

He will be there as reported by Jon Ralph and it is anything but "begrudgingly"

He flicked the Rhianna concert tickets weeks ago  ;D

WP - let me correct myself. What I am trying to say is that I believe Dusty feel's bitter towards the club at present. I worry that his attitude is too egocentric and he doesn't value the club has done for him as much as he should. I get the impression that he feels the club is being too protective, too interfering and over-reacting to his lifestyle. I worry about his maturity and wisdom. I don't think this 'lesson' in humility that the club has tried to hand out has been heeded. I think he will return to the club but I wonder if it is really the best thing for Richmond if he is just a ticking time bomb that will never realize his potential because of his attitude and lifestyle. 

My loyalty is to Richmond first and Dusty second. If Dusty can start to grow up and realize the opportunity that the club is supporting him to grasp then I will become his number one fan but I have seen too many teams/cultures ripped to shredded on the back of individuals.

Again (and I am not having a go at you Stripes) but I read someone saying he is a "ticking time bomb". I know the media have said it; who could forget Hutchy and Caro going whackety, whack, whack a few weeks back. But has anyone else said it. I certainly don't think the RFC see it that way

Yes Clubs have said they don't want him (not disputing that) but could that simply be a case of the fact they see it Dusty is Richmond person and doesn't want to leave? It was a point Leon Cameron made last week, perhaps Leppa has told Brisbane the same thing?

I said somewhere else and copped a bit of a whack myself  ;D but it is all about perception. Obviously my perception is very different to alot of other folks

End of the day we don't know the "truth is" but what I will say one way or another we will know a helluva lot more by the end of tonight  :thumbsup ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Bateman

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #3169 on: September 30, 2013, 08:43:50 AM »

Eddie McGuire on Triple M has mail Dusty's been told to sign TODAY and announce at BF or else he's gonski

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3170 on: September 30, 2013, 09:19:23 AM »
i heard he has already signed and they were just waiting for tonight, amazing how these media and jounos get away with cheap chinese whispers a but your average punter on a forum gets shot down when their info is probably sometimes more accurate.
Anyway hope its true in either case we can move on .....

gerkin greg

« Reply #3171 on: September 30, 2013, 09:44:35 AM »
He is all that, but I still maintain he rarely if ever plays 4 full quarters.

so what? if you can rack up +30 touches without the cliched "4 full quarters" wank WGAF

dusty can win a game off his own boot in about 15 minutes

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3172 on: September 30, 2013, 10:08:24 AM »

Eddie McGuire on Triple M has mail Dusty's been told to sign TODAY and announce at BF or else he's gonski

Anyone else thinks it's somewhat obscene that a rival club president has a permanent gig in the media peddling scuttlebutt?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3173 on: September 30, 2013, 10:23:20 AM »

Anyone else thinks it's somewhat obscene that a rival club president has a permanent gig in the media peddling scuttlebutt?

Yeah but that's Eddie  ;D

And nothing like a good ultimatum to get folks excited  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3174 on: September 30, 2013, 10:38:09 AM »
Dusty's slimming options

Richmond star Dustin Martin is increasingly likely to be forced to accept a two-year, $1 million offer from the Tigers, with rival clubs pulling out of the race for his services and no known suitors keen to secure him.

News Limited reports that only a backflip from a Melbourne club would provide the 22-year-old with an alternative deal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-30/giants-want-leader-shaw

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3175 on: September 30, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »

Especially when it's convenient to avoid talking about Heath Shaw, Dale Thomas and his own club  :whistle.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3176 on: September 30, 2013, 12:28:07 PM »
all is not well down at Eddievilla  ;D His love child is destroying his beloved club  :jump

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3177 on: September 30, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »
WP - so far his off field history has not been good. I won't make a list but he has made a lot of silly off-field choices in the past and seems adamant to associate with who he wants and do what he wants when he wants. I'm not having a go at you WP but his track record isn't good and the way he has handled this contract isn't great either. He requires a huge amount if management which is why the club has only offered him a two year contract.

No one knows what he will do and this is why he needs be seen as a bonus player rather than a lock in structural player. In all honesty there will always be a question mark over his head because he could either win you a flag or drag you through the mud with other players along for the ride.

This is why people have referred to him as a ticking time bomb and why some say we may be better off without him. I want him wearing the yellow sash but I worry about his attitude

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3178 on: September 30, 2013, 12:57:40 PM »
WP - so far his off field history has not been good. I won't make a list but he has made a lot of silly off-field choices in the past and seems adamant to associate with who he wants and do what he wants when he wants. I'm not having a go at you WP but his track record isn't good and the way he has handled this contract isn't great either. He requires a huge amount if management which is why the club has only offered him a two year contract.

No one knows what he will do and this is why he needs be seen as a bonus player rather than a lock in structural player. In all honesty there will always be a question mark over his head because he could either win you a flag or drag you through the mud with other players along for the ride.

This is why people have referred to him as a ticking time bomb and why some say we may be better off without him. I want him wearing the yellow sash but I worry about his attitude

Seen many footballers like him but not with his upper body strength. Problem is when you curb their attitude it affects their football & they slowly fade out of the picture

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3179 on: September 30, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »
Robbo saying Dustin has re-signed for 2 years
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do