Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1087636 times)

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3120 on: September 28, 2013, 08:43:17 PM »
Personally I think he's worth 600k. In terms of football output and his potential.

He's no injury prone, he's 22 and has 8 years of genuine football in him, he wins games of his own boot, kicks goals and polls Brownlow votes. He's the full package.

However I think the club have seen the fact that we employ Mark Williams to mentor him and put (x) amount of hours into Dustin to keep him out of the papers and the clink that his value is 75-100k less due to the amount of money we put in to prevent a catastrophe.

As long as we don't lose him for nothing I don't really care what happens.

I agree he can win off his own boot providing he can kick straight??????
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3121 on: September 28, 2013, 08:49:19 PM »
Nobody plays four quarters
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3122 on: September 28, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »
Not only is it looking likely that he will go but its looking more and more likely that he will go for nothing.  :banghead Sounds like Dusty, rightly or wrongly, is bitter and angry now and willing to stick it up the Tigers by going into the draft and earning less if need be just to make a point. Stupid. Hopefully this is an education to all players and managers at the club at the very least.

Sorry Stripes but have I missed something here? Why is it looking likely he will go?  Because of Caro's article?

I am not sure right now what any of it means but I don't think this article means much more than Carr having a sook. just like I don't think Tony Sheahan's Tweet from last night means much. The media all seem to want to claim they know what's going on when truth is none of them are really sure

Seems to me things are like they have been for the last week since the Club pulled its offer and Carr said they were going to field offers and that is a holding pattern.

Would think the clearest indication we got last night was from Dimma. And if anyone has an inkling then you'd hope it would the coach
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3123 on: September 28, 2013, 09:40:58 PM »
As l stated previously  ;D Its a stand against the club trying to run his life outside of football

CARLTON  >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #3124 on: September 28, 2013, 10:01:40 PM »
As l stated previously  ;D Its a stand against the club trying to run his life outside of football

CARLTON  >>>>>>>>>>>>>

No F ing room at Carlton****** pal!!!!!!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

tony_montana

« Reply #3125 on: September 28, 2013, 10:36:04 PM »
Brisbane decide not to pursue Martin.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-withdraws-from-race-to-sign-richmond-star-dustin-marti/story-fni5f4q3-1226729202393

Incredible that not one single club is interested. Are all the clubs in cahoots for the greater longterm good to drive Carr out of the industry before he makes it a nightmare like this and the cloke saga last year? Or is Marti really that stuffed up off field that NO ONE will touch him with a barge pole. We're talking about one of the elite young talents of the comp. Staggering

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3126 on: September 28, 2013, 10:54:54 PM »
just to put things into perspective.
He hasn't won a brownlow yet!
Clubs want to have seen a little more than Martin has shown
if they're gonna offer freak coinage.
Much prefer to watch the merry go round come to a stop
and reality kick in
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3127 on: September 29, 2013, 03:25:48 AM »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-withdraws-from-race-to-sign-richmond-star-dustin-marti/story-fni5f4q3-1226729202393

Incredible that not one single club is interested. Are all the clubs in cahoots for the greater longterm good to drive Carr out of the industry before he makes it a nightmare like this and the cloke saga last year? Or is Marti really that stuffed up off field that NO ONE will touch him with a barge pole. We're talking about one of the elite young talents of the comp. Staggering
Or it could be that Brisbane found out Dusty has re-signed with Richmond and so have bailed from chasing him.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3128 on: September 29, 2013, 05:56:04 AM »

Or it could be that Brisbane found out Dusty has re-signed with Richmond and so have bailed from chasing him.

:clapping hope so
This whole process has been about manager trying to get maximum value for his client though hasn't it? I've never really believed that dusty was unhappy at punt road or disliked the playing group. It has always been reported quite the opposite prior to this fiasco.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3129 on: September 29, 2013, 09:56:56 AM »
hope so too

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3130 on: September 29, 2013, 10:50:03 AM »

CARLTON  >>>>>>>>>>>>>

No F ing room at Carlton****** pal!!!!!!

every club has room to buy players. That's why they delist players. Why players take salary cuts to make room. Don't you know nothing about professional football. Clubs have not finished chopping players yet. Martin is just bleeding the club. Him & Conners will be laughing at us if he signs with another club. l hope the club stands firm cause martin aint worth his asking price.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3131 on: September 29, 2013, 11:33:04 AM »
DUSTIN Martin appears almost certain to remain at Richmond, after his last remaining suitor, the Brisbane Lions, officially withdrew their interest on Sunday.

A Lions statement on Sunday morning said the club had contacted Martin's manager Ralph Carr late last week to tell him it was not interested in trading for the midfielder.

"After evaluating our list and discussions with our general manager  of football operations, Dean Warren, and senior coach, Justin Leppitsch, we have decided not to pursue Dustin in the upcoming trade period," Lions national talent manager Rob Kerr said in the statement.

"We wish Dustin all the best in his career but at this point in time our key focus is on retaining the club's young talent, and we're working hard to try and achieve this."

The Lions follow Melbourne and Greater Western Sydney in declaring they will not pursue the talented 22-year-old, whose off-field behavior is seen as an issue.

In mid-September, Richmond sensationally announced that Martin would be pursuing offers from other clubs, after failing to reach agreement on a new contract despite months of negotiations.

But, with no other club declaring interest, the former No.3 draft pick's only option may be to re-sign at Punt Road, possibly on a lesser deal than that originally offered.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-29/lions-dont-want-dusty

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3132 on: September 29, 2013, 11:38:47 AM »

That is a fairly good call and if true, would be difficult for this knob to survive in AFL player management.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3133 on: September 29, 2013, 11:40:10 AM »
Jay Clark ‏@ClarkyHeraldSun twitter:

"So, Richmond is only club who wants Dusty, as we thought all along. What a shemozzle. Club's faith in a high maintenance player tested."

--------------------------------------------------

If the media thought that all along then why weren't they reporting it all along! :huh3

Rampstar

« Reply #3134 on: September 29, 2013, 11:52:45 AM »
No one wants him coz hes not worth what he thinks hes worth. At best hes a $400,000 per year player and thats at the top of the range. The club should offer him $325,000 per year for 3 years.