Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 875012 times)

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #4890 on: October 04, 2019, 09:11:53 AM »
Just spent time reading the first 20 pages of this thread. Everyone bar one or two people wanted dusty. . Some great work in this tnread. :cheers

Only read the first couple of pages.

One suggestion was that Butcher was a better option at 3 instead of Dusty. Hindsight and ten years make this a wrong call, if it wasn't exactly that at the time

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #4891 on: October 04, 2019, 06:25:30 PM »
I thought I would flip back a bit too Gracie, just to see if I embarrassed myself...then I thought...what a stupid question...
I did find some awesome posts from Bojangles though, I think he is actually an Enid Blighton character from the Famous Five.  Rather!
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4892 on: October 04, 2019, 11:26:14 PM »
Dustin Martin
The bad boy of AFL established himself as one of the all-time greats over the weekend by kicking Richmond to Grand Final victory and securing himself a second Norm Smith medal in the process.

Vote For The Sportsperson of the Year 2019: https://www.gq.com.au/men-of-the-year/event-coverage/cast-your-vote-for-the-2019-gq-sportsperson-of-the-year-award/news-story/7a13324bc01b03c5c17085874648ca04

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #4893 on: October 05, 2019, 07:13:58 AM »
Tigers lock on Dustin Martin
Jay Clark | Reuters Sun Oct 04

Richmond recruiting chief Francis Jackson said the club was unlikely to use its first-round pick to draft a top key forward, such as John Butcher.

Watched John Butcher get best on in the GF for Maffra a couple of weeks ago.... thank god we went for the midfielder
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #4894 on: October 05, 2019, 07:19:59 AM »
Tigers lock on Dustin Martin
Jay Clark | Reuters Sun Oct 04

Richmond recruiting chief Francis Jackson said the club was unlikely to use its first-round pick to draft a top key forward, such as John Butcher.

Watched John Butcher get best on in the GF for Maffra a couple of weeks ago.... thank god we went for the midfielder
Good ol’ “Betamax” Jackson  :lol.
He never missed on those high quality highlights video.   :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4897 on: October 10, 2019, 11:44:23 AM »
Dusty probably owns the MCG carpark.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4898 on: October 10, 2019, 01:55:25 PM »
Dusty probably owns the MCG carpark.
He certainly owns the MCG in September!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4899 on: October 10, 2019, 02:12:33 PM »
working beautifully there Doc.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #4900 on: October 11, 2019, 12:41:37 AM »
Haha I remember having an almighty arguement with TigerMonk over Dusty v Butcher. From memory he wanted Butcher and I said Dusty will win us 2 flags, 2 norms and a Brownlow.. or something along those lines. Love you Dustin
Go Tigers!

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4901 on: October 11, 2019, 01:02:42 AM »
Monky LMAO

I miss him.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4902 on: October 11, 2019, 11:15:39 AM »
Haha I remember having an almighty arguement with TigerMonk over Dusty v Butcher. From memory he wanted Butcher and I said Dusty will win us 2 flags, 2 norms and a Brownlow.. or something along those lines. Love you Dustin

Yep was a huge wrap for Butcher

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dusty opens up on rise to AFL stardom / Extract from Dusty's book (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #4903 on: October 20, 2019, 02:44:36 PM »
Dusty opens up on rise to AFL stardom

Fiona Byrne,
Sunday Herald Sun
October 20, 2019

Richmond champion Dustin Martin has opened up his family album sharing never before seen photos of his rise from a footy obsessed country kid to Grand Final glory with the Tigers.

The notoriously private AFL superstar has offered fans a tantalising glimpse into his early life and his passion for football which was ignited when he was barely more than a toddler in the new book Dustin Martin: My Story So Far ….

“I was like any young kid, loved his footy. Mum and Dad introduced me to Auskick when I was five or six and I’ve loved footy ever since,” Martin says in the book.

“There’s nothing better than playing footy in front of the Tiger fans at the ‘G or wherever we’re playing. The best day of the week is game day and that’s what we live for. It’s all worth it when you are running around out there.

“Once you step on the footy field all you think about is footy. It is the best two hours of the week.”

Dustin Martin (second row, middle) in the Campbell's Creek Under 12s team.

In family snapshots Martin is seen as a youngster proudly holding a footy, sweaty but delighted after showing plenty of flare with the bat as a schoolboy cricketer, posing proudly for a team photo with the Campbells Creek under 12 side, and sporting an early version of the Dusty mullet in a school photo from Castlemaine High.

Other photos from his formative years show the bond he shares with his brothers, Tyson and Bronson, and his parents and his love of competition.

The book, published by Hardie Grant, is designed to be an illustrated companion to Martin’s incredible AFL career. It lavishly chronicles the chapters in his playing career, complete with his thoughts on the highlighted moments, and provides behind-the-scenes photos from some of his more unusual activities like doing a photoshoot in his underwear with a real tiger.

“I don’t really know why everyone is intrigued by me; I just want to play footy, have fun with my friends … I’m incredibly lucky to have such great teammates, we truly have something special at our club,” Martin says.

This is an edited extract from Dustin Martin: My Story So Far … published by Hardie Grant Books & AFL, RRP $39.99.

It is available from Friday, October 25, 2019.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/dustin-martin-opens-up-on-rise-to-afl-stardom-in-new-book/news-story/d0043d19f74ad9ede1c8bc2059ed512f

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dustin Martin parties with Serena Williams in Maldives (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #4904 on: November 13, 2019, 01:00:42 AM »
Dustin Martin parties with Serena Williams in Maldives

Josh Fagan
Herald Sun
November 13, 2019

Richmond star Dustin Martin has teamed up with tennis great Serena Williams and her husband, Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian, on an idyllic holiday in the Maldives.

Videos shared to Williams’ 11.8 million Instagram followers on Tuesday night Melbourne time showed the group hanging out at an exclusive resort in the small island country in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

The footage was taken at beachside restaurant The Ledge, run by renowned Australian-born chef Dave Pynt.

In one clip Martin is seen having a drink while Ohanian plays music behind him, while another shows Martin, Ohanian and a woman who is referred to by Williams as Jess about to board a boat.

The star-studded day out caps off a stellar off-season for Martin who has been celebrating after collecting a second Premiership and second Norm Smith medal this year.

As of Tuesday night Martin had not posted on his own Instagram page of his brush with celebrities in the Maldives.

Martin had earlier toasted this year’s Grand Final win by heading to Las Vegas with friend Dane Swan.

While over in Vegas it turned out his car had been left parked at the MCG since Grand Final day.

MCC spokeswoman Sophie Henderson said last month: “I can confirm Dustin Martin’s car has been in the MCG’s secure underground car park since AFL Grand Final Day.”

“In the busyness between AFL Grand Final Day and going overseas, Dustin didn’t get the hance to pick the car up,” she said.

“The MCG has been happy to accommodate the car’s storage until Dustin returns from overseas.”

Williams, one of the greatest ever tennis players with 23 grand slam titles, has shared a series of happy family snaps on their Maldives getaway.

She posted multiple videos of her reviewing a sandwich before tagging videos of Martin.

In her last video update on Tuesday night she signed off by saying: “Today is our last day in this glorious place, we’ve had so much fun. We are living our best lives eating fried chicken sandwiches”.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/richmond-star-dustin-martin-joins-serena-williams-and-alexis-ohanian-on-maldives-outing/news-story/bc1298b7546ced922cd08c06467784d8