Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 872037 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #420 on: June 29, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »
CV your right. Spot on, with all points.

I'm not a huge fan of tattoos and making a statement with body art. Who cares, each to there own I suppose.

I can't think of a more painful part of the body to get a tattoo on. I'm looking forward to Martin line up on Daisy Thomas and just see Thomas rotate himself off lol.

About time we got a no frills, hard nosed toughie (Sorry WP) in our midfield.

Edited for avoiding the swear filter.
No need to apologise because it gets edited like the others. As it is the first time you've done this Pope you get a one off warning. The use of the "c" word is unacceptable in any form and reminder that a 48 hour suspension to the swear bench applies to all posters if it is used.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 06:42:16 PM by WilliamPowell »
Go Tigers!

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2010, 05:50:37 PM »

I can't think of a more painful part of the body to get a tattoo on.

Think a bit more.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »
under your arm.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ox

« Reply #423 on: June 29, 2010, 08:36:59 PM »
He's Maori !

No wonder i love the kid.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #424 on: June 29, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »
It was a major attraction yesterday at the Tiger Cibs footy clinic, i tried to take some photos of it but couldnt get the right angle.

Interesting look.....

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2010, 09:05:42 PM »
Gotta love this kid u know he will back it up on the field

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #426 on: June 29, 2010, 09:11:28 PM »
Seems like a kid with a lot of baggage... :-\ He's undoubtably a tough, hard nosed player but I worry that perhaps this constant need to seek his dad's approval may be a problem later on. I'm sure I'm reading far too much into this but this guy has fast turned into my favourite tiger so I am just waiting for something to happen  :help  He's going to be the scariest player in the AFL without question!

Ox

« Reply #427 on: June 29, 2010, 09:18:02 PM »
relax on that.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #428 on: June 29, 2010, 10:42:45 PM »
relax on that.

I'm sure you're right Ox. Great avatar by the way.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #429 on: June 30, 2010, 04:46:30 AM »
Dustin Martin and father go neck and neck in Maori stakes
Aaron Langmaid
Herald Sun
 June 30, 2010

FOOTBALLERS often wear their hearts on their sleeve - but young Richmond star Dustin Martin now wears his on his neck.

The No.3 draft pick returned from the mid-season break with bold new ink - the Maori words 'Ngati Maru' and 'Matai Whetu'.

It's the second set of tattoos that mirror those stamped on his father, Shane.

It was revealed at November's draft that the pair have 'Live Free. Die Free' across their torsos.

"Me and Dad got it and it is just kind of a saying that we came up with together," Dustin explained last year.

"He's been a great support, as has all my family. They have been a big part of getting me here."

Ngati Maru is his extended family's North Island tribe and Matai Whetu is its meeting place.

It's believed others in Martin's family have the tattoo and the inscription was close to the young player's heart.

Martin, who was born in Castlemaine and lives with club president Gary March, joins a long line of football players who have tattoos with indigenous roots, including Hawthorn forward Lance Franklin.

Franklin this year unveiled an Aboriginal-inspired artwork on his left arm.

Richmond teammate Ben Cousins has the phrase 'Such if Life' emblazoned across his lower torso.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dustin-martin-and-father-go-neck-and-neck-in-maori-stakes/story-e6frf9jf-1225885954153

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #430 on: June 30, 2010, 07:42:02 AM »

I can't think of a more painful part of the body to get a tattoo on.

Think a bit more.
:lol

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #431 on: June 30, 2010, 09:12:54 AM »
Seems like a kid with a lot of baggage... :-\ He's undoubtably a tough, hard nosed player but I worry that perhaps this constant need to seek his dad's approval may be a problem later on. I'm sure I'm reading far too much into this but this guy has fast turned into my favourite tiger so I am just waiting for something to happen  :help  He's going to be the scariest player in the AFL without question!
Heh?  Most young blokes look up to their dads and to their heritage when they are establishing their own identity, it isn't 'baggage'.  It is just trying to find your place in the world.  This is who I am, this is where I come from.  And then your write the rest as you go.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #432 on: June 30, 2010, 09:17:04 AM »
Seems like a kid with a lot of baggage... :-\ He's undoubtably a tough, hard nosed player but I worry that perhaps this constant need to seek his dad's approval may be a problem later on. I'm sure I'm reading far too much into this but this guy has fast turned into my favourite tiger so I am just waiting for something to happen  :help  He's going to be the scariest player in the AFL without question!

Sorry but your comments here are comical at its best. LMFAO

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #433 on: June 30, 2010, 01:17:20 PM »

I can't think of a more VISIBLE painful part of the body to get a tattoo on.

Think a bit more.

Go Tigers!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #434 on: June 30, 2010, 03:07:10 PM »

Sorry but your comments here are comical at its best. LMFAO

Glad to give you a laugh daniel. As I've already said - I'm sure my concerns are unwarranted but he may be a fairly insecure bloke with a desperate need to please his dad which could hinder his career or enhance it depending if this drive him to be successful or holds him back. I'm sure it will be the former. 

I'm not trying to knock the bloke in face I think he is already a quality player and could be a star. I'm just voicing my concerns but owls assessment of his motivations is probably correct rather than mine - at least I hope so for our sake.

Stripes