Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 849767 times)

Ox

Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #750 on: October 28, 2011, 04:51:49 PM »
LMAO Mitch Farmer,sucking up to the Good players behinds so he gets to stuff the club for another year
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:06:20 PM by one-eyed »

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #751 on: October 28, 2011, 10:39:56 PM »
I'm tipping Dusty doesn't even know Mitch Farmer's name.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #752 on: November 11, 2011, 11:26:20 AM »
FootyTragic twitter

"After returning to training out of shape last year, Dustin Martin is looking great this preseason, running a PB time round the Tan yesterday"

:thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #753 on: December 09, 2011, 11:06:27 PM »
From Jack Riewoldt's twitter tonight:

"@DustinMartin4 hey mate just found out you middle name is Lawrence that's pretty funny!! #funnymiddlenames"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #754 on: December 10, 2011, 06:53:08 PM »
I'm tipping Dusty doesn't even know Mitch Farmer's name.

:laugh:

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #755 on: January 04, 2012, 05:22:25 PM »
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #756 on: January 05, 2012, 01:54:42 PM »
Dusty has gone the romper stomper   :thumbsup :bow:

http://twitter.com/Danconnors19/status/151572722399461376/photo/1/large
A few players have gone the No.1 at the barber

"RT @shaungrigg6: the #towballbrothers are @BrettDeledio03 @DustinMartin4 ,rancy,Kingy,@abrowne34, addam maric. Big Tommy D is next!"
https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #757 on: January 07, 2012, 05:04:49 PM »
If Dusty was an interior designer he'd be a minimalist. TV, stereo, couch and Air/Con is all you need  ;D.

https://twitter.com/#!/DustinMartin4/status/155457194635165697/photo/1
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #758 on: January 08, 2012, 10:09:07 AM »
total genius split system right over the telly....
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #760 on: January 10, 2012, 12:41:55 PM »
If Dusty was an interior designer he'd be a minimalist. TV, stereo, couch and Air/Con is all you need  ;D.

https://twitter.com/#!/DustinMartin4/status/155457194635165697/photo/1

Krak also went through a minimalist period....."Four Walls, Wash Basin, Prison Bed"  ;D

Offline Sabretooth

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #761 on: January 10, 2012, 01:06:47 PM »
Spartan Martin.

Daxos: I see I was wrong to expect Sparta's commitment to at least match our own.
King Leonidas: Doesn't it?
[points to Arcadian soldier behind Daxos]
King Leonidas: You there, what is your profession?
Free Greek-Potter: I am a potter... sir.
King Leonidas: [points to another soldier] And you, Arcadian, what is your profession?
Free Greek-Sculptor: Sculptor, sir.
King Leonidas: Sculptor.
[turns to a third soldier]
King Leonidas: You?
Free Greek-Blacksmith: Blacksmith.
King Leonidas: [turns back shouting] Spartans! What is your profession?
Spartans: WAR! WAR! WAR!
King Leonidas: [turning to Daxos] You see, old friend? I brought more soldiers than you did.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #762 on: January 11, 2012, 01:38:17 PM »
Dream Team builder: Dustin Martin
Source: BigPond Sport
Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 position: midfielder/forward
2012 price: $442,500
Bye: round 13

Last year's average: 89.5
Last year's high score: 141 (round 5)

Four reasons to have him in your team

1) In 2011, just his second AFL season, Martin finished third in the Tigers' best and fairest behind Trent Cotchin and Brett Deledio. Granted, this tells a tale about Richmond's depth, but it also speaks volumes about a player whose trajectory at the top level looks like the flight path of Apollo 11. For Dream Teamers Martin offers durability, having played 43 of 44 possible games in his first two seasons. He's also a player who can rack up the points in midfield and drift forward to bolster his score by kicking goals.

2) He's leaner. This time last year, the young Tiger fronted for pre-season only to receive a bollocking from coach Damien Hardwick for returning unfit. In Richmond's traditional training run around the Tan, Martin struggled at the back of the pack. He completed the rest of his pre-season in the group set aside for plus-sized Tigers aiming to lose weight. This year he has stuck to the club's prescribed program, improved his diet, shed a couple of kilograms and reaped the rewards. He matched Deledio in the latest edition of the Tan run, sprinting home sixth overall.

3) He's meaner. Not only has Martin trimmed down to 88kg - just shy of what he says is his fighting weight of 87kg - he's replaced puppy fat with muscle. If opponents feared his famous 'don't argue' last season, running into Martin in 2012 is going to be like hip-and-shouldering a W-class tram. That should mean yet more contested footy, and an improvement on his 2011 average of 22 disposals per game.

4) Last year Martin averaged a tick under 90 Dream Team points, which is less than you would be expecting from a player filling one of your six precious midfield spots. Fortunately, in 2012 he can also be selected in your forward line. That's largely due to the 33 goals Martin kicked in 2011, up from 11 in his debut season. The Tigers will use him primarily as a midfielder this year, while the length of time he spends resting up forward will be determined by both the Tigers' needs and Martin's horsepower. Given Martin is completing his best pre-season to date and has a year's more experience under his tightened belt, there's reason to believe he will spend more time in the centre than ever.

The downside?

They don't give out Dream Team points for don't argues. Former Richmond coach Danny Frawley has compared Martin with Mark Ricciuto – another goalkicking midfielder who made his name as a hard man. While that's flattering for any young footballer, the comparison dampens the excitement for Dream Team coaches. In 2006, statistically Ricciuto's most prolific year, the Adelaide champion's Dream Team average was just short of 100.

Risk rating: The chief concern for potential owners is that Martin may spend more time knocking players off the ball and recuperating in the forward line than he does racking up Dream Team points. One Alan Didak.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/dream-team-builder-dustin-martin/tabid/91/newsid/82393/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #763 on: February 17, 2012, 12:17:41 AM »
READY TO FIRE

A FITTER and leaner Dustin Martin is ready to take the competition "by the scruff of the neck".

That's the view of Richmond teammate Shaun Grigg, who has watched Martin excel over the summer.

Martin started the pre-season by cutting more than a minute off his best time around the 3.8km Tan track and has not let up since.

"He's fit and firing and I think he'll take the competition by the scruff of the neck this year," Grigg said. "He's got a lot leaner ... so we should be able to see the benefits of a bit more (time in the) midfield, and he can also go forward, as we've seen."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/nathan-brown-leaves-collingwood-facing-a-tall-order/story-fn7eccwx-1226273175014

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #764 on: February 17, 2012, 12:24:46 AM »
Tiger cub Martin is primed to join elite
Matt Murnane
February 17, 2012

THOSE watching Richmond's Dustin Martin on a daily basis say the 20-year-old will take the competition by storm this year.

Having shed the ''puppy fat'' he carried through his first two seasons, Martin has made it his mission to join the game's elite midfielders this year.

''He's been one of the strongest trainers on the track all pre-season,'' teammate Shaun Grigg said yesterday. ''He's fit and firing and I think he will take the competition by the scruff of the neck this year.''

Martin played under an intense spotlight during his first two seasons, but this summer has relished the chance to fly under the radar and complete his most thorough pre-season yet - with minimal media attention.

''He didn't come back in great shape after his first season of AFL,'' Tigers midfield coach Danny Daly said yesterday.

''But this [time] he didn't really go away or do any holidays or anything like that, he virtually started straight after last season finished.

''He hasn't lost any weight as such, but he's lost that puppy fat that he had and has put on a bit of bulk, which will help him through the midfield and when he goes forward. The times and the distance he's running in some of our testing is way up on last year.''

Martin, a No. 3 draft pick, backed up a stunning debut season in 2010 by playing every game in 2011 and finishing third in the Tigers' best and fairest award. He was second for kicks, third in hard-ball gets, fourth in tackles and kicked 33 goals - third most at the club.

Daly said he could sense the clever ball-winner, who has shown he can also be explosive as an outside runner and a dangerous marking option inside 50, was ready to explode.

''Hopefully for the Tiger faithful, and ourselves, it is the year he does that,'' he said. ''I think if we see another 10 or 15 per cent [improvement] on last year, we're going to have a genuine A-grader playing for us.''

Daly has spent much of the pre-season trying to turn Martin into the complete package, hoping to add a strong defensive component to his game. ''It's probably been a little area that hasn't been a great strength of his, but he's certainly improved.

''We know he can win the footy and offensively he's pretty good, when he goes forward he kicks goals. But we just needed to work on his ability to read the play and know when to go back, and when not to.''

Martin averaged about 70 per cent game time last year, but his enhanced fitness will allow him to lift that to 80 per cent this season, Daly said.

He will benefit greatly from having players such as Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio and Nathan Foley around him, and the extra season and summer the club's talented midfield have had to develop. But Daly still expects Martin to be a target of opposition teams this year. ''There's no doubt he's going to get tagged a lot more this year, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles those situations, and hopefully helping us develop into a top-eight side.''

Daly described the midfield group as intensely competitive, and said Martin and company had raised the bar this pre-season.

''When we do some stoppage stuff out here [at training], if one of them gets beaten at a contest, it gets very ugly the next time.

''We keep a scoreboard on a lot of things and they don't like being on the bottom, let me tell you.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tiger-cub-martin-is-primed-to-join-elite-20120216-1tbvx.html#ixzz1mYDVB9D3