Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 945054 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #6780 on: June 01, 2024, 07:54:33 AM »
From Damian Barrett's 'Sliding Doors' column:

IF ...
Dusty hasn’t spoken publicly while accumulating 298 AFL matches ...

THEN ...
I’d be staggered if he bothered to do so just because he’s about to hit 300. And I couldn’t care less, because he’d be only giving it lip service, going through the motions, if required to do so. He hates media. That’s OK, and it’s created a mystique for him. Same with Buddy. But it also proves the AFL’s media policy is a joke. Other sports bodies around the world wouldn’t tolerate it.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1140504/sliding-doors-if-plenty-are-writing-the-lions-off-after-round-11-then

have a sook ya flog.

FFS
How is he sooking

He said he couldn’t care less and also said it’s OK

Couldn’t agree with him more

Well said BinRat

Well it's sooking for me. If he stopped at couldn't care but he didn't. He went on to clearly tell us that he is a stuffin sook and media scum.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6781 on: June 01, 2024, 09:55:35 AM »

IF ...

THEN ...
I’d be staggered if he bothered to do so just because he’s about to hit 300. And I couldn’t care less, because he’d be only giving it lip service, going through the motions, if required to do so. He hates media. That’s OK, and it’s created a mystique for him. Same with Buddy. But it also proves the AFL’s media policy is a joke. Other sports bodies around the world wouldn’t tolerate it.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1140504/sliding-doors-if-plenty-are-writing-the-lions-off-after-round-11-then

have a sook ya flog.

FFS
How is he sooking

Well said BinRat

Well it's sooking for me. If he stopped at couldn't care but he didn't. He went on to clearly tell us that he is a stuffin sook and media scum.

Personally I reckon his final sentence is not a criticism of Dusty but a whack at the AFL

He whacks the AFL every week for something in his "Sliding Doors" column

To me he is just highlighting how pathetically weak the AFL are; have a policy, say you didn't follow it and we'll fine you and then do nothing.

It's like the umpiring. For 11 weeks they said everything is great, then a few coaches finally go public with their concerns after Clubs like ours have over time done it the way the AFL said it had to be done and bingo they make a change  :banghead

As I said pathetically weak
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6782 on: June 01, 2024, 10:17:55 AM »

IF ...

THEN ...

have a sook ya flog.

FFS
How is he sooking

Well said BinRat

Personally I reckon his final sentence is not a criticism of Dusty but a whack at the AFL

He whacks the AFL every week for something in his "Sliding Doors" column

To me he is just highlighting how pathetically weak the AFL are; have a policy, say you didn't follow it and we'll fine you and then do nothing.

It's like the umpiring. For 11 weeks they said everything is great, then a few coaches finally go public with their concerns after Clubs like ours have over time done it the way the AFL said it had to be done and bingo they make a change  :banghead

As I said pathetically weak

wrong Barret is a parasite. He is highlighting it so he is sooking. He is also brining attention to it, much like the coaches have in your comments.

I expect he did this on purpose so expect a change here.

absolute trash is what he is.

on your comment as well. I applaud the coahces for making a stance. Did we? :shh
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #6783 on: June 01, 2024, 10:24:37 AM »
100% WP

From a member of the media, I actually think he was very positive in regards to Dusty

He didn’t say one negative thing regarding Dusty here at all

His whack was clearly at the AFL .. I still can’t see how pointing out how pathetic something is can be described as sooking ???

And his last comment is absolutely spot on !!

People are too touchy, which is exactly the way society is going

Side note - if I was a member of the media, I’d have no problem whatsoever giving Dusty an almighty whack .. these players are public figures and role models and are paid accordingly .. some little 10yo with his Dusty jumper on would love to hear him .. if it’s part of the agreement signed by the AFLPA, then he most definitely deserves to be fined .. if there was no interviews and every single player took the Dusty option, then the product is severely diluted, and the TV bidding wars would be significantly less, therefore with less money in the coffers .. which means far less for the players .. the AFLPA is in place to do things that are for the good of the greater playing community and sign agreements accordingly ..

I don’t understand and never will understand why he can’t just do a basic interview with short answers etc .. he’s brought more attention to himself this way

The introvert who doesn’t like the cameras doesn’t seem to have many problems trotting around in a pair of bonds briefs when he’s getting paid for it

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6784 on: June 01, 2024, 11:44:38 AM »
Because he doesn’t want to and shouldn’t have to. Why would you even like to hear him forcebly give an interview and just throw out the generic “all credit to the boys” type lines.

There are many players who will happily give 100 interviews so let them do it. For example they want access to talk to players after games, ok let them speak to the vlastuins, grimes, Tarantos, Lynch types who don’t mind doing it and leave players like dusty and Shai be.

He doesn’t owe them anything, let’s not forget how many times the media have gone on a witch hunt for dusty.

And just on Barrets comments, sure sounds to me like he does care and not only does he want media access to all players but he wants the players to like it too.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6785 on: June 01, 2024, 12:49:08 PM »
Because he doesn’t want to and shouldn’t have to.

They take the big bucks from the media deals
Interviews are part of that

So he should have to
He is not going to
Fair enough
He’s decided on that
It’s his choice and therefore fines should and will be incoming

Media deals have made dusty a very rich man

There is no worries using the media when he has big endorsement deals .. or having the media spruik his sit down tell all’s etc .. A Night With Dusty or whatever it was .. so Dusty won’t speak for his fans unless they pony up big coin for a ticket .. then he’s happy to tell all .. give me a spell .. it’s all about $$$$$$$

Due to media and advertising, the fine will be less than a drop in the Dusty bucket, so wouldn’t hurt at all dollars wise

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6786 on: June 01, 2024, 02:55:41 PM »

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6787 on: June 01, 2024, 02:57:55 PM »
Tredders has lost the plot

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6788 on: June 01, 2024, 03:28:02 PM »
Fancy thinking a person should be forced into talking about their private lives because they play a game .
Public figures,  rubbish,  who chooses who a public figure is , the parasites in the media , what a bunch of self important, entitled fools .

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6789 on: June 01, 2024, 04:34:40 PM »
Fancy thinking a person should be forced into talking about their private lives because they play a game .
Public figures,  rubbish,  who chooses who a public figure is , the parasites in the media , what a bunch of self important, entitled fools .

Who said he has to talk about his "private life"

As I said he at a minimum do an interview with the RFC website

Sorry but he does owe the members and fans that

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6790 on: June 01, 2024, 04:42:36 PM »

do you really think he owes us anything ?

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6791 on: June 01, 2024, 04:43:56 PM »
Personally don’t think he owes us anything. being a major contributing factor in 3 flags including one which ended a 37 year drought is beyond anything we could’ve asked for. Being able to watch him play game 300 is good enough for me then again it wouldn’t surprise me if contrary to what’s expected he’ll opt to play it against Adelaide next week.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6792 on: June 01, 2024, 04:44:59 PM »

No he doesn’t

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6793 on: June 01, 2024, 04:50:50 PM »
Just because he’s a superstar shouldn’t make the rules different

Doesn’t do an interview, then he should be fined

Those are the rules .. he can make a choice not to comply

Don’t know where the “doesn’t owe us anything” lines come from .. it has zero to do with it

Without members, supporters and TV RIGHTS, Dusty would be a great amateur footballer working a trade most likely .. stand in front of the cameras, thank the fans, RFC, answer a couple of questions and gtfo

If not , pay a fine and move on (which seems the likely outcome)

I’ll say , I personally don’t care a stuff if he does it or not .. couldn’t care less .. being in the Philippines, I don’t know if I’d even watch it

But the sooks on here acting like he’s a victim because he’s being asked to speak a few words, give me a spell

When he’s working for bonds, puma etc he isn’t camera shy

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #6794 on: June 01, 2024, 05:19:10 PM »
Do Bonds and Puma require to him give interviews where he answers personal questions or badger him about his playing future? Have they spread rumours about him & his family and gone through his bins? Falsely accused him of assaulting & groping women? :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.