Author Topic: 2010 Fixture  (Read 12147 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
2010 Fixture
« on: October 06, 2009, 12:18:42 PM »
when is the 2010 Fixture/Draw released?

:)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 02:12:24 AM by one-eyed »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: 2010 Fixture
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 09:48:25 PM »
Should be by the end of the month Torch

Usually happens after trade week
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:08:01 PM »
Being a bottom side we'll probably be dumped with Sunday games and no sponsor-friendly Friday nights  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 10:18:26 PM »
I could have sworn i just experienced DeJa Vu
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 11:34:22 PM »
I could have sworn i just experienced DeJa Vu
LOL Oops sorry double post.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 03:06:38 AM »
A draft of the draw will go out to broadcasters this week. Clubs will be given their schedule early next week before the official release on October 30.

The fixture is not locked away until broadcasters and clubs give their approval, but Carlton and Brisbane expect the game to take place on Easter Thursday in Round 2.

It will be played on April 1 - April Fools Day.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/fevola-to-face-carlton-in-round-2/story-e6frf9jf-1225786433363

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 07:27:36 PM »
We apparently play Adelaide twice next year.

R6 Richmond MCG Saturday 1-May 2.10pm TEN

R18 Richmond AAMI Stadium Saturday 31-Jul 3.10pm FOX

http://wikisend.com/download/481902/AFC2010.pdf

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 08:38:43 PM »
So effectively we are 0-2 from now playing our bogey team twice.

Hope we keep the rd 1 fixture against the Cheating Filthy Scum.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 09:00:24 PM »
I would like to see us play Brisbane in Brisbane next year (so I can see the Peanuts  :clapping) rather than 2 trips to Perth

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 03:15:04 AM »
Add the Swans, Saints, Dogs and Cats x2 and that's the season. Next year ain't going to pretty   :-\.

Hope we keep the rd 1 fixture against the Cheating Filthy Scum.
No Fev, Judd or Stevens. Not a bad time to play them :pray.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond to have 4 home games at Docklands (Age)
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 01:04:20 AM »
AFL floats a 'floating' final round
Caroline Wilson | October 20, 2009

IN A historic first, the AFL will determine the time and place of the final eight games of season 2010 on the eve of round 22 in a bid to orchestrate the fairest possible finals series.

League chief Andrew Demetriou confirmed late yesterday that he had received cautious support from the competition's three broadcasters to introduce a ''floating fixture'' in round 22 - in essence a package of eight home-and-away games with no corresponding venues or times - as part of an eyebrow-raising 2010 draw.

In another break from tradition, the draft fixture, which will be released on October 30, has only scheduled one home-and-away clash between Geelong and St Kilda. This year's grand finalists will not meet until the second half of the season.

Despite their memorable duels this year - one in round 14 and the other on the last Saturday in September - the Cats and the Saints will not meet in round one, as has been in vogue in recent seasons. They will eventually do battle at the MCG in July, after the mid-season break.

While neither club will contest the AFL's surprising move, officials from both teams admitted to some surprise at the decision. The Cats however, will fight for eight games at Skilled Stadium next year, one more than they have been currently granted.

Richmond is so concerned at its disappointing 2010 schedule that Tigers president Gary March and chief executive Brendon Gale have called a meeting with Demetriou today to push their case for more blockbuster games at the MCG.

While Richmond's draw appears relatively favourable in football terms, the Tigers were smarting last week upon learning they had been originally given only seven home games at the MCG - including the season-opener against Carlton on Thursday, March 27 - and the remaining four at Etihad Stadium.

Richmond in the draft fixture would only play Essendon and Collingwood once - and both as away games - with the club's home game against St Kilda scheduled at Docklands. While Demetriou refused to elaborate upon individual club issues - ''it's not new for clubs to want changes to their fixture'', he said
- the AFL chief confirmed his support for the floating round-22 draw.

''We'll announce a block of eight games, but not in any time slot probably,'' Demetriou told The Age. ''It's all about retaining a bit of flexibility when you are looking at teams going into the finals.

''This year it wasn't perfect but we got around it. It's just more sensible to have some flexibility if we need it.''

The AFL considered rescheduling several round-22 games this year, with top four sides Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs facing each other in the Sunday twilight game on the eve of the finals, but potential changes were deemed too difficult given misgivings held by clubs, venues and broadcasters.

Demetriou would not explain the reasoning behind the Geelong-St Kilda scheduling, pointing out the current fixture was in draft form only. As it is, the reigning premier is scheduled to play Essendon in round one on Friday night at the MCG, with St Kilda playing the Swans in Sydney.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/floating-final-round/2009/10/19/1255891774403.html
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 02:08:47 AM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond to have 4 home games at Docklands (Age)
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 01:21:42 AM »
4 home games at Docklands and once again a home game at another team's home ground  :banghead. Get real Andy D  ::).

We shouldn't be surprised though about the lack of "blockbusters". After the last 4 embarrassing games and being the worst team in the comp. we are hardly going to get non-Tiger fans excited about playing us. We won't have the novelty factor of Cuz either next year after his so far successful return to footy.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 02:27:43 AM »

'bogey' team. That's pretty funny Tuck, care to name one that isn't these days? ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Looks like we are getting our just "desserts" for a pathetic season.

No great surprises - not saying I agree with only 7 home games at the MCG but we have to cop our whack and it appears we are being whacked hard  :-\ ;D

Although if we get round 1 scheduled as our home game - we shouldn't complain. Firstly I reckon we are lucky to keep it and secondly it's Carlton's turn to be the home side

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »

'bogey' team. That's pretty funny Tuck, care to name one that isn't these days? ;D

We have only beaten them once in 10 years. :help

We've been crap recently against Sydney, Geelong, St Kilda just to name a few others but in the last ten years our record is marginally better. :banghead