Author Topic: 2010 Fixture  (Read 12272 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Looks like we are getting our just "desserts" for a pathetic season.

No great surprises - not saying I agree with only 7 home games at the MCG but we have to cop our whack and it appears we are being whacked hard  :-\ ;D

Although if we get round 1 scheduled as our home game - we shouldn't complain. Firstly I reckon we are lucky to keep it and secondly it's Carlton's turn to be the home side

Carlton were home team against us in 2007 and 2008 so maybe we are squaring the ledger with our home game being opener next year. :thumbsup

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
2010 - Gold Coast
2011 - Darwin
2012 - Darwin

we have one interstate home match for the next three years.

how much money are we getting for them?

:)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
6 home matches at MCG
4 hom matches at ES
1 home matches at GCS

that is how is it looking!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
6 home matches at MCG
4 hom matches at ES
1 home matches at GCS

No torch

There are NO games on the Gold Coast in 2010 as Carrara is being re-developed

So for 2010 we are supposedly down for:

7 home games at the MCG

4 home games at Etihad
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Caro's on 3aw tonight. She said Benny and March met with the AFL today.

She is surprised by our rubbish draw because our ratings and crowds were very good last year despite disaster on-field. She can't believe Richmond and Essendon don't play each other twice as we average crowds of 60k. Russell said Richmond is as about as watchable as Port Adelaide and that's why he isn't suprised. He reckons our crowds and tv ratings were only good because of the Cousins hype.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Russell said Richmond is as about as watchable as Port Adelaide and that's why he isn't suprised. He reckons our crowds and tv ratings were only good because of the Cousins hype.

What is really surprising is that Fox Sports rates Dwayne so highly and now has him commentating on the Basketball. I don't watch the bucket ball anymore

Listening to Dwayne is like listening to fingernails across the old blackboard
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

Dwayne Russell is a tool. Kick someone when they are down. I hope Damian and Benny Gale are taking note of this especially if we climb the ladder.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dwayne Russell is a tool.

Has been a Richmond basher forever.  I never consider his point of view for that very reason - a biased and non-objective commentator whose opinion is not worth the breath of air required to listen.

Hellenic Tiger

Its not only him though Smokey. James and Gary on TFS on Thursday nights as well as their Sunday show are no better. I can't recall other clubs getting the bashing we have been getting for our lack of on field exploits especially in the last 3 years. Only way to change this is to climb the ladder get an us against them mentality much like the Northey era or better still the Hafey era and then let them all hate us. I am sure we will enjoy it more then and we'll have the last laugh. :cheers

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
sadly when a team wins 5 games there is precious little leverage at the bargaining table, we'll have to bend over and grit our teeth, probably cost us 300-500k in losing home fixtures v Collingwood and Ess...we just gotta return to the winners circle no if and buts about it
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
6 home matches at MCG
4 hom matches at ES
1 home matches at GCS

No torch

There are NO games on the Gold Coast in 2010 as Carrara is being re-developed

So for 2010 we are supposedly down for:

7 home games at the MCG

4 home games at Etihad

good!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Has anyone else noticed that in the article it stated we play Carlton on Thursday March 27th when the 27th is actually Saturday... :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Has anyone else noticed that in the article it stated we play Carlton on Thursday March 27th when the 27th is actually Saturday... :lol

Well we always knew Andy D and AA wouldn't know what day it was  :D.

Maybe the same thing happened this year as we didn't turned up to round 1 when it was on :P
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Do you know what?? What the hell really goes on between the AFL, Coach's, Presidents and CEO's within the inner circle. Why would we even bother meeting them, it's not going to change or improve as the AFL will always do as they please (except with Collingwood). The umpires will never reverse their decision, the rule makers will never listen to the caoch's or supporters regarding the continual changing or modifying of the rules and so on.....

So we need to move I suppose, I for one hate and I mean HATE the rules being changed or modified or new rules being introduced every freaking year, year after year, as I believe little by little it is ruining our game. But I can't let it eat me up (like I have) because they won't leave it alone and the AFL know best..... ::)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Do you know what?? What the hell really goes on between the AFL, Coach's, Presidents and CEO's within the inner circle. Why would we even bother meeting them, it's not going to change or improve as the AFL will always do as they please (except with Collingwood). The umpires will never reverse their decision, the rule makers will never listen to the caoch's or supporters regarding the continual changing or modifying of the rules and so on.....

So we need to move I suppose, I for one hate and I mean HATE the rules being changed or modified or new rules being introduced every freaking year, year after year, as I believe little by little it is ruining our game. But I can't let it eat me up (like I have) because they won't leave it alone and the AFL know best..... ::)
I know once before in recent years that the AFL wanted us to play 4 home games or more at the Dome and we told them squarely "NO!" and it remained at a 8-3 home game split. The Club also at one stage IIRC wanted virtually all our home game at the 'G but tried to compromise with AFL by asking for a 9-2 split (just one more home game at the 'G). It was knocked back by the AFL :scream.

It seems we have paid the price for our poor season and Geelong and St Kilda asking for more MCG games. I hope we at least protest strongly. The one time the Club should say something publicly and express how ticked off we are about being given just 7 home games at our home ground of 45 years, we remain silent  ??? :P. Compare that to Eddie who has hissy fits over dodgy fanbase polls to defend Collingwood's brand.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd