Author Topic: Schulz to Port  (Read 54622 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Schulz to Port
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2009, 02:45:46 PM »
Great now we will have 2 bumbble bees fumbling around in the backline giving away free kicks and turnovers, him and King!!!

You have fair dinkum become the biggest flog on this board in the space of a few weeks.  ::)

Congratulations.

Btw, have you EVER actually seen any vision of him?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2009, 02:50:53 PM »
This straight swap business has Port laughing IMO.

Port has Meyer, Rodan and now Schulz.  I know who should be laughing.

Port = Richmond Reject Shop

Yet they still finish ahead of us nearly every year. :banghead We need to worry about out own bag of sh!te.

When will this deal be finalised anyway?

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2009, 02:59:36 PM »
This is a better than nothing out come for Richmond, with some upside potential.

Shultz was marking time with us and was never going to make it as an AFL footballer at Richmond. He would have seen out his contract next year, been delisted and walked off into obscurity and nobody would have cared less and that includes 98% of the posters on this board.

I can't see that there would be any club that would trade a pick for shultz anywhere under pick 60, so we are not "missing out" so to speak, for heaven's sake, shultz is worth nothing.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2009, 03:02:03 PM »
This is a better than nothing out come for Richmond, with some upside potential.

Shultz was marking time with us and was never going to make it as an AFL footballer at Richmond. He would have seen out his contract next year, been delisted and walked off into obscurity and nobody would have cared less and that includes 98% of the posters on this board.

I can't see that there would be any club that would trade a pick for shultz anywhere under pick 60, so we are not "missing out" so to speak, for heaven's sake, shultz is worth nothing.

:clapping  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2009, 03:08:17 PM »
Would have rathered a draft pick

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2009, 03:29:26 PM »
SEN twitter asked about Schulz and Farmer swap:

Yes that appears to be right, waiting on paperwork, but it sounds like both parties agree,unsure of picks as yet.

http://twitter.com/SENNEWS

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2009, 04:58:05 PM »
It has nothing to do with Farmer not being wanted, he has been offered a new contract and has turned it down, he wants to come home.

He's a well skilled back pocket, we need one of those, he was also a leader at junior level, we could do with more of that too

That does sound better but I am 'bitten' at the moment by recent trades so will be 'twice shy'  :-X. Until he performs on the big stage I will take this trade deal as a mistake and another missed chance. I think I'm getting jaded  :(

Stripes

But I don't understand when we aren't losing a draft pick and we aren't losing a decent player, how it could end up a mistake?

It's one of most low-risk trades you could make and if he is a bust, it barely matters because thats what we expected from Schulz anyway.

Farmer is a discard for Port, Schulz a discard for us. The difference is the potential upside of each player. Port was offering a second round pick for Schulz last year and the only difference between this year and last has been the Tigers selectors. Schulz wasn't given the same opportunities this year compared to last because our selectors were looking to play more of our developing players in the backline rather than a mid-aged player. Schulz himself did not play any worse than he was the previous year.

Now I'm not expecting a 2nd round pick this year but I do believe that Schulz has a huge upside compared to Farmer. He would probably never realize it at Tigerland but he is a genuine tall who has proved he can play at either end of the field. Farmer on the other hand has been struggling all year in the 2nds trying to break into the Port team. Now I'm not sure how competitive positions are in the Port side for small forwards/defenders but, other than his age, he does not have the same value as Schulz.

This is why I can see this this as a potential error. I think we definitely should move him on for something but considering Port wanted him for a 2nd rounder last year, he is a tall defender/forward and still relatively young - is worth an additional pick or upgrade at the least in my book.

That's why I see the trade as a possible mistake

Stripes

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2009, 05:08:32 PM »
is this official?

:)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2009, 05:10:06 PM »

Farmer is a discard for Port, Schulz a discard for us. The difference is the potential upside of each player.

Farmer isn't a discard if he was offered a contract and he knocked it back because he wanted to come back to Victoria.  And the difference in potential upside of a 2 year, 20 year old versus a 7 year, 25 year old that has never been able to cement a place in a poor team is quite large I would have thought.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2009, 05:12:04 PM »

Farmer is a discard for Port, Schulz a discard for us. The difference is the potential upside of each player.

Farmer isn't a discard if he was offered a contract and he knocked it back because he wanted to come back to Victoria.  And the difference in potential upside of a 2 year, 20 year old versus a 7 year, 25 year old that has never been able to cement a place in a poor team is quite large I would have thought.

you know this how??

did he say this and if so on what website?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »
Rohde was just on 5AA.

Is busy with the Burgoyne trade but is "very confident the Schulz deal will get done in the next 24 hours or so in a swap for Farmer. Minor details to be sorted."  Also said they offered Farmer a new contract but he declined.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2009, 05:18:07 PM »
Rohde was just on 5AA.

Is busy with the Burgoyne trade but is "very confident the Schulz deal will get done in the next 24 hours or so in a swap for Farmer. Minor details to be sorted."  Also said they offered Farmer a new contract but he declined.

Thanks TA.  :thumbsup  My FW Filter prevented me from responding.  ;)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2009, 05:41:35 PM »
Rohde was just on 5AA.

more like you cant find the quote cause it never happened :thumbsup
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2009, 05:45:56 PM »
Rohde was just on 5AA.

more like you cant find the quote cause it never happened :thumbsup

Can be as specific to say the live Peter Rohde interview did happen on 5aa Adelaide at 4:35pm AEDST this afternoon, daniel.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Con65

« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2009, 05:46:36 PM »
Why why why???

Prefer a pick, untried kid with "P" as opposed to kid in the system with 3 games...then again..he could be the next Morton in the backline....

I personally would much rather pick up a kid who cant get a game at geelong or stkilda  (ala Prismall - though he had just broken into the seniors for a dozen matches then did his knee)...just my humble opinion.