Author Topic: PSD Selection 2  (Read 16718 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: PSD Selection 2
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2009, 09:57:15 PM »
What date/day is the PSD and Rookie draft on please, I know they are on next week on the same day but when..... thank you??

Tuesday 15th Dec @ 10am (Melbourne)

Thanks torch.... :thumbsup

no worries WA Tiger!

Rookie Draft @ 10:20am and probably the best way to watch or listen is on the AFL website and maybe radio here in Melbourne (SEN).

however not to sure about WA radio?

:)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2009, 10:03:22 PM »
What date/day is the PSD and Rookie draft on please, I know they are on next week on the same day but when..... thank you??

Tuesday 15th Dec @ 10am (Melbourne)

Thanks torch.... :thumbsup

no worries WA Tiger!

Rookie Draft @ 10:20am and probably the best way to watch or listen is on the AFL website and maybe radio here in Melbourne (SEN).

however not to sure about WA radio?

Don't worry about it being on the radio over here they will probably play Julie Andrews greatest hits instead.. :scream. I will log onto SEN or the web as you said.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2009, 10:04:55 PM »
I would also add Carey to my list. Very handy mid - 181 cm inside player- look him up on youtube and let me know your thoughts.

GC keep saying they will take mature aged rookies so if we we dont  get Patrick (Essendon) I still think we have a good chance at picking up two good kids.

Panos looks the good to me, but have a look at his footage on youtube and let me know what you think?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2009, 11:26:46 PM »
I would also add Carey to my list. Very handy mid - 181 cm inside player- look him up on youtube and let me know your thoughts.

GC keep saying they will take mature aged rookies so if we we dont  get Patrick (Essendon) I still think we have a good chance at picking up two good kids.

Panos looks the good to me, but have a look at his footage on youtube and let me know what you think?
I liked the look of Panos in the U18 champs as a midsized forward but for some reason the word around is AFL club recruiters think he is a one-trick pony and not tall enough to play key position. Have seen far worse rookie picks.

As a guess I would have Grimes as our PSD pick. Maybe GC17 might grab Kadhelfelt if we wait to grab him in the rookie draft but whoever we don't pick up in the PSD could be gone by our first rookie pick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2009, 11:37:56 PM »
Panos looks ok doesn't he, just saw the video footage of him.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2009, 03:21:48 AM »
Majak Daw will spend this week training with North and then the Bulldogs according to the Herald-Sun.

Kyle Hartigan, Michael Barlow and Johnny Rayner are with Essendon according to BF.

« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2009, 06:25:57 AM »
I find it hard to get excited over the pre-season draft.

2003 we passed

Ben Marsh (Pick 4) from Adelaide Crows
Luke Weller (Pick 11) from Brisbane Lions

Trent Knobel (Pick 1) from StKilda

Matthew White (Pick 5 from the Calder Cannons)

Kent Kingsley (Pick 6, Recruited from Geelong)

Ben Cousins (Pick 6 from the WCE)

and this year we look like picking a kid who was overlooked by all 16 clubs in the National draft.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2009, 08:58:36 AM »
Majak Daw will spend this week training with North and then the Bulldogs according to the Herald-Sun.

Gee I reckon this bloke would be worth a rookie pick - a real good prospect for a project ruckman.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2009, 12:26:38 PM »

Gee I reckon this bloke would be worth a rookie pick - a real good prospect for a project ruckman.

The kid can play.
My only doubt would be his body (anyone know his height/weight?)
I have had a few Sudanese boys down at the rugby club and while they show great athleticism their bodies dont seem to develop much more than his is now.  So they do great at jnr level but really start to struggle when they come up against men that have been training for years.

But i still think he is worth a rookie spot to see what he has top offer.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2009, 01:56:26 PM »

The kid can play.
My only doubt would be his body (anyone know his height/weight?)
I have had a few Sudanese boys down at the rugby club and while they show great athleticism their bodies dont seem to develop much more than his is now.  So they do great at jnr level but really start to struggle when they come up against men that have been training for years.

But i still think he is worth a rookie spot to see what he has top offer.

From the AFL site pre-draft:

Height: 194cm
Weight: 89kg
DOB: 11/03/91
Recruited from: Western Jets
Bio: Athletic and versatile tall who can play at either end and in the ruck. Exceptionally quick for his size and strong in the air. Amazing natural leap.  Learning the game and improving rapidly, booting 8 goals in the final three rounds of the TAC Cup in 2009. His 3.03sec 20m and level 13.6 beep test were impressive for a tall forward at the Victorian screening along with his standing jump of 70cm (top 14 per cent).

Stats (Ave) for TAC Cup:
Games     K     H     D     M    G    H/O
    13    3    4    7    2    1    7

As a comparison, Paddy Ryder is 3 years older, 197cm and 90kgs.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86935/default.aspx

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2009, 02:28:27 PM »
worth a Rookie spot!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Eight delisted players in PSD mix (afl)
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2009, 04:01:09 PM »
Eight delisted players in PSD mix
By Luke Holmesby | Tue 08 December, 2009

EIGHT delisted players have nominated for the NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft.

Former Bomber Adam McPhee nominated last week as an uncontracted listed player, and a further seven joined him in the search for a new home before the deadline of 2pm on Tuesday.

Fremantle has already committed to drafting McPhee while former Brisbane Lions Daniel Bradshaw and Joel Macdonald have been promised new homes by the Sydney Swans and Melbourne respectively.

Glenn Dawson (Port Adelaide), Thomas Lee (Adelaide), Henry Playfair (Sydney Swans), Graham Polak (Richmond) and Robert Shirley (Adelaide) have also nominated for the pre-season draft, in which Richmond, West Coast, Port Adelaide and Essendon also have picks.

All players who nominated for the NAB AFL Draft and were not selected are still eligible for the pre-season draft and the NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/87942/default.aspx