Author Topic: Contoversial Topic #1 - Global Warming & Carbon Emissions Trading  (Read 91922 times)

tony_montana

Re: Contoversial Topic #1 - Global Warming & Carbon Emissions Trading
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2014, 02:03:12 PM »
In the grand scheme of hundreds of millions of years, how much stock can you take of the past 10-20-30 years?

Remember when we had a 10 year drought and were told by Peter Beatie, Rudd et al to "buck up, this is the normal cycle of weather now - no rainis our new weather pattern". Then our reservoirs get deluged for 3 years straight. Guess what? we'll go through another severe drought at some stage and have an above normal year of storms. Its called nature and its unpredictable.

I keep hearing snow caps are melting, etc then a ship gets bogged down in Antarctica in thick ice and then the reason we're given is not the cold but bc of global warming and mixing freshwater and salt water caused more ice to form or something along those lines. Just so sick of the obvious agendas

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2014, 02:05:45 PM »
Last question

: the ozone-depleting effects of CFCs in the atmosphere

lead into the atmosphere as a result of the large-scale combustion of leaded gasoline

What is you position this on the climate on the planet of earth

tony_montana

« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2014, 02:06:36 PM »
Last question

: the ozone-depleting effects of CFCs in the atmosphere

lead into the atmosphere as a result of the large-scale combustion of leaded gasoline

What is you position this on the climate on the planet of earth

I thought I heard somewhere that the hole in the ozone layer was getting smaller?  I might be wrong so i'll look it up

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2014, 02:19:24 PM »
What do you make of the hottest year on Australian record?

A 365 day weather event

Solar flares, targeted specifically at our country by the sun :lol

Ps - and theres no proof smoking causes cancer
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2014, 02:30:01 PM »

Just so sick of the obvious agendas

Generally... the people that are invested in oil compaines also have control of the media...

Strategic Advisory Board

The Strategic Advisory Board of Genie Oil and Gas advises management on strategic, financial, operational and public policy matters.

Shelley Berkley
Former Member of Congress and member of House Committee on Ways and Means.

Alan K. Burnham, PhD

Chief Technology Officer, American Shale Oil, LLC. Formerly research scientist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

Jim Courter
Vice Chairman and formerly CEO of IDT Corporation, Chairman of the Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission, and Member of Congress

Kevin P. Kauffman
Founder, Chairman, CEO and President of K.P. Kauffman Company, Inc., a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production Company operating in the Rocky Mountain states.

Rupert Murdoch
Founder, Chairman of the Board, and CEO of News Corporation

Wes Perry
Member of the Board of Directors, Genie Energy.  Founder and CEO of E.G.L. Resources, an energy exploration and development company

Eugene A. Renna
Former President and Chief Operating Officer of Mobil Corporation and Sr. Vice President, Exxon Mobil

Jacob Rothschild, OM, GBE
Chairman of the J. Rothschild group of companies and of RIT Capital Partners plc (RITCP).  Chairman of Five Arrows Limited.  Noted philanthropist and Chairman of the Rothschild Foundation

Allan Sass, PhD
Former President and CEO of Occidental Oil Shale, a subsidiary of Occidental Petroleum

Michael Steinhardt
Principal Manager, Steinhardt Management LLC. Founder Steinhardt, Fine, Berkowitz & Co., and noted philanthropist

Harold Vinegar, PhD
Chief Technology Officer of IEI.  Adjunct Professor, Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.  Formerly Chief Scientist – Royal Dutch Shell

http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2013/02/israel-grants-oil-rights-in-syria-to-murdoch-and-rothschild/
http://www.idt.net/about/press/story.aspx?id=41777
http://genie.com/about-us/management/
http://genieoilgas.com/about-us/strategic-advisory-board/

who do you think is writing the agenda? the hippies and the green party?  :huh
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:12:08 PM by Judge Roughneck »

tony_montana

« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2014, 03:06:27 PM »
As al mentioned - both sides. Just feel there is too much poo from both sides which muddies the waters -

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2014, 03:38:47 PM »
As al mentioned - both sides. Just feel there is too much poo from both sides which muddies the waters -

Agreed Tony. Don't believe half of what Judge posts and don't believe half the crap that comes out of the media.
I could take a space image of earth, draw a black circle around a spot and say its a hole in the Ozone layer.  ::)

Remember, while we are burning up here, on the other side of the world they are freezing their little titties off in some of the coldest weather in decades.. Go figure

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2014, 05:47:22 PM »
Holocaust mk2

Yet if all of India china want western lives we ate indeed stuffed
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:11:36 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2014, 12:31:07 PM »

I wonder when the Libs will come to their senses?

John Kerry calls climate change 'weapon of mass destruction

United States secretary of state John Kerry has warned Indonesians that climate change could threaten their "entire way of life" as he called for all nations to do more to stop global warming.

Speaking to students in Jakarta, Mr Kerry warned them that man-made climate change could threaten their entire way of life, deriding those who doubted the existence of "perhaps the world's most fearsome weapon of mass destruction".

Aides say Mr Kerry had chosen Indonesia for the first of what is to be a series of speeches on the topic this year, partly because as an archipelago of more than 17,000 islands, it is particularly at risk from rising sea levels.

"Because of climate change, it's no secret that today Indonesia is ... one of the most vulnerable countries on Earth," Mr Kerry said in a speech at a high-tech US-funded cultural centre at a Jakarta mall.

"It's not an exaggeration to say that the entire way of life that you live and love is at risk."

In the middle of a trip to Asia and the Middle East, Mr Kerry argued that it made no sense for some nations to act to stem climate change while others did nothing.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-17/an-climate-change-threatens-indonesians27-way-of-life3a-us-se/5263344
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2014, 01:53:19 PM »
what a goose using terms such as weapon of mass destruction.

as we all know, that term was the backbone of a war based on lies.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2014, 02:00:09 PM »
How much Scheiße does america put into the air vs the 'Indon'
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 03:24:51 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2014, 02:06:05 PM »
are you referring to industry, or politicians speaking?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »
chloroflurocarbons,

tony_montana

« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »
what a goose using terms such as weapon of mass destruction.

as we all know, that term was the backbone of a war based on lies.

X2 pathetic

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2014, 07:50:11 PM »
Oh Dear...

:lol

Clive Palmer says 'hopeless' Direct Action plan 'dead' without PUP support

April 21, 2014 - 6:27PM

Clive Palmer has declared the Abbott government's Direct Action policy is "dead", saying his Palmer United Party will use its numbers in the Senate to block the Coalition's policy to replace the carbon tax.

Mr Palmer said on Monday the controversial policy, which aims to reduce emissions largely through payments to businesses, was “hopeless” and would be "gone" if his party,  Labor and the Greens all vote against it, as they have previously indicated.

“It’s goodbye Direct Action,” Mr Palmer told Fairfax Media.

“It’s gone.”

Mr Palmer had said earlier in the day he would not support Direct Action if the Abbott government made any changes to the pension, in light of  growing speculation that there are plans to raise the pension age to 70 and tighten eligibility requirements.

But on Monday afternoon Mr Palmer went a step further and said there would not be any circumstance in which his party would vote for Direct Action.

The government  plans to spend up to $1.55 billion over the next three years on the scheme, but several senior economists have questioned whether Direct Action can meet its emissions reduction target of 5 per cent by 2020 with that budget.

Mr Palmer said the policy did not make economic sense and questioned whether it would have any environmental effect.

“We can’t see any reason to vote for Direct Action,” Mr Palmer said.

“We think it’s hopeless.”

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/clive-palmer-says-hopeless-direct-action-plan-dead-without-pup-support-20140421-zqxee.html#ixzz2zVrCYAZg
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....