Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 455339 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #210 on: March 31, 2011, 08:33:11 PM »
Thanks WP. I feel a little better now.

Has Griff had surgery before?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #211 on: March 31, 2011, 08:38:09 PM »
Thanks WP. I feel a little better now.

Has Griff had surgery before?

I remember talking to him last year (beginning of 2010) just after he had some surgery to his shoulder and I asked him that question. He said then that NO he hadn't had a shoulder reco and that the surgery like a clean-ups of the joint.

this time round he has had a full shoulder reco
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #212 on: March 31, 2011, 10:59:25 PM »
thats good to know.  :thumbsup
hopefully this surgery can sought it right out, long-term.
thanks mate.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2011, 12:14:35 AM »
This kid and the success of this kids development holds so much hope in the future of the RFC .

Right now we are predictable and we are scoring goals every 3 or so forays forward. A fit and firing Griffiths will almost halve that ratio make us slightly less predictable and bring other players into the game in our forward line. Unless trends go back to flooding if Griff develops and with Jack firing at FF we could be kicking on avg 15-20 goals a game.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: April 01, 2011, 07:24:52 AM »
Judd had shoulder problems when he started (recos in his TAC days IIRC) - look at him now, winning brownlows, not getting pinged for holding the ball

;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: April 01, 2011, 11:14:27 AM »
I think I've mentioned this before (probably on this thread) but I know someone who plays footy and has had a shoulder reco and they've said to me that it really takes 2 season to get over a shoulder reco. The first season after the op is all about getting full movement back in the shoulder joint & regaining confidence in it especially overhead marking. Season 2 means you've had another year to get extra strength in it meaning full confidence in the shoulder

Yerah well lets wait and see. Every case is different.
I know a guy who's had his shoulder reconstructed too and it will pop virtually pop out again when he coughs.
Had to give away footy it was so chronic.
Fingers crossed for the big Griff.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #216 on: April 01, 2011, 12:37:31 PM »
Judd had shoulder problems when he started (recos in his TAC days IIRC) - look at him now, winning brownlows, not getting pinged for holding the ball

;D

Maybe the shoulder is not quite right and that allows him to go around in a 360.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Griffiths
« Reply #217 on: May 07, 2011, 09:31:24 PM »
How soon do we forget? Bet the football public has! In for a big shock when this monster joins a confident young team on the rise.
Don't let the door hit you on the rs on the way out Miller

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Griffiths
« Reply #218 on: May 07, 2011, 10:21:41 PM »
How soon do we forget? Bet the football public has! In for a big shock when this monster joins a confident young team on the rise.
Don't let the door hit you on the rs on the way out Miller
Not that I'm a fan but I think Miller will be in the seniors for a while as Griffiths has only just came back and played a half in the VFL ressies. If Miller is forced out sooner it'll be more due to Postie finding consistently good form up forward at Coburg. Miller still can't kick straight although it's probably why he kicked the hard one from the pocket lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: May 07, 2011, 10:32:03 PM »
Miller is going ok! Is it four games for three wins for Brad? We have recruited worse in the past!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #220 on: May 07, 2011, 10:45:09 PM »
Think Miller has been good

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #221 on: May 08, 2011, 12:31:38 AM »
Miller is going ok! Is it four games for three wins for Brad? We have recruited worse in the past!
True he is going ok but he's not a long-term solution. Eventually he's need to be moved aside for one of our young tall forwards to come in and play his role.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #222 on: May 08, 2011, 12:33:58 AM »
Should be Post's spot, only has himself to blame, Miller gives what he has, Jayden could learn.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #223 on: May 08, 2011, 12:51:36 AM »
Don't understand the point of this thread after the win today
Miller has been a key part of our forward line functioning so well in our 3 straight wins

I am sure he will step aside when someone is demanding his spot, but until then he stays, there is no rush to get Griffiths playing, we just need to make sure his body is 100% ready

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #224 on: May 08, 2011, 01:47:13 AM »
Miller has straightened us up and he has demanded a defender which has freed up Jack.
Dare I say it we may have had an extra win if MIller was in the side from Round 1.
That's the beauty of it he knows once Post, Griifiths, Astbury whoever makes CHF their own he is in the side and that has enabled him to be himself and contribute.
As someone posted we have done worse with our drafting from players from other clubs over the years.