Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 457796 times)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #525 on: May 09, 2012, 12:20:59 AM »
Honestly, has played 9 AFL with averages disposals of 5 per game (2.6 kicks a game ) ::)
Other club get players like Crameri at Essendon who stamp there mark on the game.( averages from first game -17 disposals a game )
43rd pick in rookie draft as well, say no more
then our recruiting department is obviously still substandard compared to the better ones. We should be poaching a great recruiter from elsewhere. Or even giving a job to Rendell given his currently unemployed and hasn't done a bad job in Adelaide i'm sure he knows more than good old FJ.
seriously one example means eff all. you could make similar examples for every club.

no surprise to see you roll in jack's miserable excrement at all

as for rendell well,n hindsight, we made a mistake in tambling, but he was a highly fancied junior. By the the time adelaide gave us about 5 times his worth, every knew what a hack he was, except rendell, it seems.
What are you on about? I'm the one that wants Griff in the seniors now at the expense of Miller. I think having Miller in the team is pointless in terms of player and team development.
Let's put him in the deep end and see how he swims. Geelong did it with Hawkins. West coast have done it with Darling. Hawks with buddy and roughead. Essendon with Hurley.   But we continually waste valuable time with a big forward in the magoos which may even ruin his development.
No point finding out in 2 years he can't cut it and then we have a dud like Graham clogging the list.

As for recruitment I think we are still a long way off the better clubs ( I mean clubs that spend more time playing finals than not).   
The club that keeps giving.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #526 on: May 09, 2012, 12:27:07 AM »
Honestly, has played 9 AFL with averages disposals of 5 per game (2.6 kicks a game ) ::)
Other club get players like Crameri at Essendon who stamp there mark on the game.( averages from first game -17 disposals a game )
then our recruiting department is obviously still substandard compared to the better ones. We should be poaching a great recruiter from elsewhere. Or even giving a job to Rendell given his currently unemployed and hasn't done a bad job in Adelaide i'm sure he knows more than good old FJ.
seriously one example means eff all. you could make similar examples for every club.

as for rendell well,n hindsight, we made a mistake in tambling, but he was a highly fancied junior. By the the time adelaide gave us about 5 times his worth, every knew what a hack he was, except rendell, it seems.
What are you on about? I'm the one that wants Griff in the seniors now at the expense of Miller. I think having Miller in the team is pointless in terms of player and team development.
Let's put him in the deep end and see how he swims. Geelong did it with Hawkins. West coast have done it with Darling. Hawks with buddy and roughead. Essendon with Hurley.   But we continually waste valuable time with a big forward in the magoos which may even ruin his development.
No point finding out in 2 years he can't cut it and then we have a dud like Graham clogging the list.

As for recruitment I think we are still a long way off the better clubs ( I mean clubs that spend more time playing finals than not).   

Que the "Flooging a dead horse" emicon ::) ::)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #527 on: May 09, 2012, 06:03:49 AM »
And the reason we have been a failure as a footy club for so long is that we have recruited poorly
FACT

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #528 on: May 09, 2012, 06:09:44 AM »
But you miss the point.
They rookied him, not drafted him initially

So what your saying is Griffiths would have made it through to the Rookie draft without being picked up by another club??
YES!

lol Now you really are showing how little you actually know :lol :lol :lol

Below are a few links of what others (Who have a clue) thought of Griffiths before the draft, let me guess, they are all as daft as the club is :wallywink :wallywink

http://www.contestedfooty.com/2009/11/ben-griffiths-2009-afl-draft-prospect/

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86984/default.aspx

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/87451/default.aspx

You could troll through the internet for hours, no one had him going past pick 35 let a loan making it through to the rookie draft :lol :lol It further goes to show how little clue or credibility you actually have :lol

Thanks for that
Your links say it all
4 kicks average per game ::) thats a great impact on a game of footy in your own age group :banghead
Yes, what a superstar, you blokes have no idea ::)
Even says he is injury prone then

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #529 on: May 09, 2012, 06:23:17 AM »
The question needs to be asked.why would a struggling footy club pick up an injury prone player(according to the links posted ) who averages 4 kicks a game?

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #530 on: May 09, 2012, 06:39:43 AM »
Agree with comments"Anyone who's seen Ben play can see he has the tools. Hasn't has a sustained run without injury to develop those raw skills.His development has been curtailed."

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #531 on: May 09, 2012, 08:08:20 AM »
question I ask, what talent?

Anyone who's seen Ben play can see he has the tools. Hasn't has a sustained run without injury to develop those raw skills.
His development has been curtailed.

Yep, seem him play 9 AFL games and heaps of VFL games
Looks a bit timid to me

This highlights the depths you will sink to just to sink the boots in. It is either an outright lie or plain stupidity. Either way you are talking pure crap as griffiths has played about a dozen games of VFL in total.

But you miss the point.

So what your saying is Griffiths would have made it through to the Rookie draft without being picked up by another club??
YES!

:lol and you wonder why no one takes what you say seriously
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #532 on: May 09, 2012, 08:20:41 AM »

what am i on about? the fact that you pick up on the lunatic ramblings of a bloke who makes stuff up, makes ridiculous one off comparisons and mixes irrelevant facts in with utter stupidity just to foster his self loathing need to stick the boots in at any time, so you can have you own little whine.

as i have posted previously all those other names showed more than ben in their first 9 or so games and none of them missed the footy he has.

to expect player A to do something just because player B has is plain stupidity. you manage each player according to their individual circumstances.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #533 on: May 09, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »
The question needs to be asked.why would a struggling footy club pick up an injury prone player(according to the links posted ) who averages 4 kicks a game?
If he was injury free he would have gone top 5 in the draft. To have him there at 19, they considered it worth the risk in hoping he came good. I don't see a problem with the pick we used on him, it's just a darn shame he is so injury prone and cant string a long line of consecutive games together.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #534 on: May 09, 2012, 09:31:10 AM »
FWIW, I recall talk of us taking Luke Tapscott with Pick 19, if he was still around.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #535 on: May 09, 2012, 09:36:23 AM »
If he was injury free he would have gone top 5 in the draft. To have him there at 19, they considered it worth the risk in hoping he came good. I don't see a problem with the pick we used on him, it's just a darn shame he is so injury prone and cant string a long line of consecutive games together.

This is the most laughable post ever
what drugs you on ?
how on earth would a player who averages 4 kicks a game in the TAC go top 5 is beyond belief. :o :o :o :o

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #536 on: May 09, 2012, 09:37:19 AM »
If Griff wasnt available we would have gone:
3: Martin
19: Astbury
35: Ayden Kennedy
43: Dea
51: Taylor

Griff has played more games than Kennedy.  :whistle

we would have taken tapscott at 19 if griff was not available

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #537 on: May 09, 2012, 09:39:38 AM »
question I ask, what talent?

Anyone who's seen Ben play can see he has the tools. Hasn't has a sustained run without injury to develop those raw skills.
His development has been curtailed.

Yep, seem him play 9 AFL games and heaps of VFL games
Looks a bit timid to me

This highlights the depths you will sink to just to sink the boots in. It is either an outright lie or plain stupidity. Either way you are talking pure crap as griffiths has played about a dozen games of VFL in total.

But you miss the point.

YES!

:lol and you wonder why no one takes what you say seriously

well well geniuses
there is a reason why we are the worst performed melbourne based club in the past 20 years
as our selection of recruits have been very poor.
If you want to disagree, thats fine, whats the problem then if not player selection

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #538 on: May 09, 2012, 09:41:12 AM »
McDonald will be delisted.

He lacks the heart and the mental strength to make it in the afl and has effectively allready been delisted. He won't be back even if he wants to come back as he is no longer welcome

As for griffiths he is a 20 yr old kp player with plenty of time on his side to make it.

The good news is jackstar has allready written him off and due to his amazing track record of getting it wrong , he must be considered a better than even money chance of becoming a hall of famer.

Seriously though, 20 yr old with pace and kicking ability like griff at 200 cm tall will be given every opportunity to get over their injuries. Very early days in his career yet.

When have I got it wrong ?

Are you for real?

Well just off the top of my head

you thought Tambling was a champion and you thought that Jack was a hack that wouldnt make it.

Thats just two off the top of my head.

The next one that is going to make you look real stupid is Dea, big big future has Dea, not that you would know, because you have no idea.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #539 on: May 09, 2012, 09:44:37 AM »
Never said Jack was a hack.
Dea, one fair game doesnt make a career.
Had six kicks waxing it up between team mates and you think he has a career,
Thats whats wrong with the RFC, fall in love with DUDS !