Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 455359 times)

Gigantor

Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #1845 on: June 16, 2014, 08:16:31 PM »
Poor Griff......seems hes injured once again

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1846 on: July 03, 2014, 12:19:22 PM »
Doggies loading up big offer

Two other clubs also

Rampstar

« Reply #1847 on: July 03, 2014, 12:44:52 PM »
Will  be the next Jay Schulz ... will become a decent player somewhere else.

tony_montana

« Reply #1848 on: July 03, 2014, 12:49:23 PM »

Two other clubs also

define big

will it be trade or can he walk for peanuts?

tony_montana

« Reply #1849 on: July 03, 2014, 12:53:30 PM »
one criticism I just dont get about griff is the he doesnt want it enough accusation.

What is this based on? When I see a big man that lays 5-6 tackles a game to me that doesnt show a lack of desire or commitment - actually the opposite. The low possession count is concerning but it baffles me hearing this criticism.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1850 on: July 03, 2014, 01:04:55 PM »
Based on his ridiculously high:  contested marking, pressure acts, tackle statistics it seems

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1851 on: July 03, 2014, 02:50:10 PM »
one criticism I just dont get about griff is the he doesnt want it enough accusation.

It's not his fault if they don't kick it to him either. We have another Schulz situation on our hands with Griffiths (minus the TAC sponsorship thing) If he stays at Richmond they will always go to Jack instead of him ala Richo/Schulz. If he goes to another club he will more than likely prosper.
I'd like to see Richmond experiment with a couple of things in the remainder of the season, one of them would be pushing Jack up to CHF and Griffiths at a true FF for a few games.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1852 on: July 03, 2014, 04:01:04 PM »
Agree

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1853 on: July 03, 2014, 04:50:50 PM »

What is this based on? When I see a big man that lays 5-6 tackles a game to me that doesnt show a lack of desire or commitment - actually the opposite. The low possession count is concerning but it baffles me hearing this criticism.

I tended to agree with that criticism although this year he does seem a lot better. In previous years he just didn't look like getting near it.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1854 on: July 03, 2014, 05:06:55 PM »

Two other clubs also

listening to SEN too were you , that's good there's demand means better currency :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1855 on: July 03, 2014, 06:09:24 PM »

Two other clubs also

listening to SEN too were you , that's good there's demand means better currency :shh

Whens he contracted to bojo?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1856 on: July 03, 2014, 06:47:27 PM »
Griffiths out of contract end of this year

Was only re-signed for 1 year
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1857 on: July 03, 2014, 07:14:05 PM »
Griffiths out of contract end of this year

Was only re-signed for 1 year

There you go, as good as gone to the dogs and will kick 3 against us in our next encounter and towel up Chaplin...

Did I miss anything?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1858 on: July 03, 2014, 07:15:06 PM »

Doesn't get to enough contests TM, doesn't clunk enough contested marks, once or twice a game he ll take a towering mark over a garlett or zorco, for mine dosent look to have the appetite ....like others he ll prob make fools of us and become a decent ruck option, that's where I feel his future may be rather than kpp
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

tony_montana

« Reply #1859 on: July 03, 2014, 08:08:05 PM »

Doesn't get to enough contests TM, doesn't clunk enough contested marks, once or twice a game he ll take a towering mark over a garlett or zorco, for mine dosent look to have the appetite ....like others he ll prob make fools of us and become a decent ruck option, that's where I feel his future may be rather than kpp

I agree he doesn't get to the right spots enough, however don't agree with not enough contested marks, wasn't he top 5 or 10 in the league for most of the games he played? Add to that high tackle count and high pressure acts and to me that paints a different picture. The weakness in his game for mine is he doesn't get enough cheap uncontested possessions, most of his are contested - this is because of 1 of 2 reasons - 1) he doesn't work hard enough to get free or  2) combination of him not being used enough by teammates and/or not being smart enough or fit enough with his running patterns.

If he didn't lay a tackle like Vickery I'd say yeah he's probably lazy and doesn't work hard enough like Vickery, but the fact he does all the hard stuff suggests he still needs to learn how to get off the leash a bit more which will just take time (and hopefully a new forward line coach)