Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 505299 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2160 on: August 26, 2014, 04:54:20 PM »

With have played 3 (tall) forwards and a ruck before. Infact, there have been occasions where we have played 3 tall forward and two rucks.

And we never look as good as we do when we only play 2 talls and a ruckman

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2161 on: August 26, 2014, 08:26:01 PM »
Griff v Vicki

Better Presenter, mark, leap, pack splitting attitude, ruckman.
Longest kick in the competition by a long shot.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2162 on: August 26, 2014, 08:33:50 PM »
Based on averages this year
Vickery - more disposals, goals, marks inside 50 and clearances
Griff - more marks, tackles, hit outs, inside 50's, contested possessions, double the contested marks, one %'s and of course effective disposals.

Have to account for different roles played but it paints a bit of a picture the better player. Probably the take home stat for me is games played. Griff - 33 and Vicks - 87. Oh and where I got these stats have them listed at same height but has Griffiths as 7kg heavier (104-97)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #2163 on: August 26, 2014, 08:34:47 PM »
I wonder if he can torp
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

the claw

« Reply #2164 on: August 26, 2014, 10:53:24 PM »
:lol
Biff has shown the ability to get two touches in an entire game.

Now you're just being facetious.
may be hes being what you said but ffs you cant handle the truth and what he said is very close to the truth.
Ben has averaged 9 disposals a game this year not 2. Just pointing out the slight inaccuracies…...
He got 2 touches in round 12 against Nth, and then got rightly dropped.  :whistle
And in his 13 games this year he is yet to be in our best players.  :lol
He has improved this year, from being putrid to doing ok at times.  :clapping
I agree with Claw, we don't need all 3.
For once I'd like to see our club put their balls on the line and make a call that might come back to bite them BUT might also put us ahead of where we are. Picking up one decent kid each year in the draft just isn't enough to catch the top sides. That's why also I'd like us to take a FA as well. We are so far behind we need to be bold!!! Surely you can understand that?

Our drafting lately has been safe, picking players that if they fail in one position could maybe play in another. Bits and pieces players, glass half full types. If we think we need an on-baller, draft a genuine on-baller, one that is dominating at TAC level. Not a halfback flanker that we think maybe can turn into an on-baller.
Same goes for our ruckman and forwards. No more guys that are ok at both. Pick them for the potential of being stars in their position. 
It's embarrassing seeing genuine ruckman coming through each year in other sides and we have struggle to pick/develop a decent young ruckman since Mark Lee.
wow your after me heart tone.
dont know how long ive been saying similar for.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2165 on: September 01, 2014, 12:11:13 AM »
Another fine game from Ben. That mark in the last minute was the clincher.

Great to see him coming of age.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2166 on: September 01, 2014, 10:48:30 AM »
Another fine game from Ben. That mark in the last minute was the clincher.

Great to see him coming of age.
His pressure acts and littke tap ons when he was on the ground were great too. I thought his first quarter was very good and help set up the 33 point break which ultimately won us the game.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2167 on: September 01, 2014, 11:11:39 AM »

With have played 3 (tall) forwards and a ruck before. Infact, there have been occasions where we have played 3 tall forward and two rucks.

And we never look as good as we do when we only play 2 talls and a ruckman

Maybe caus we were using spuds like McGaune Aaron Edwards hampsons orrens

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2168 on: September 01, 2014, 11:11:45 AM »
Whenever he marks and kicks long to Jack we are very dangerous . he gave off to Jack a couple of his goals.

His 1% ers  were great, I had him as best on the ground in the first and one of our best overall.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2169 on: September 01, 2014, 12:15:25 PM »
Ralphy tweeted that Dan Richardson says they are close to doing a deal with Griff.  Astbury too.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2170 on: September 01, 2014, 12:31:57 PM »
Ralphy tweeted that Dan Richardson says they are close to doing a deal with Griff.  Astbury too.

:pray :clapping
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2171 on: September 01, 2014, 01:25:21 PM »
Griff is the man. get the deal done ASAP.
For my money I would put Vicks Vapo Rub up for trade. Griff has excelled and IMHO is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better option.
I think we handball Vickery and maybe get something for him, keep developing Elton, keep Stephenson on the Rookie list as a backup and we are sweet. As an aside there may be a discarded Ruck at GWS who is waiting in the wings BUT I think we have done very well with Maric and there is no reason we can't identify a similar beastie out there. Saying that Maric is not only a quality player but is also a quality individual, which we need quality people before quality players.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2172 on: September 01, 2014, 02:09:32 PM »
I would love to keep both Vickery and Griff competing for the spot. Eventually I think Vickery could make a strong ruckman in his own right. If could very well become an excellent aggressive ruckman when Maric in injured or retires. He is very mobile and I can see growing in strength and ability every year. Working with Griff, we would be a tough team in compete against in the ruck.

Griff has been a revaluation this half year. He is finally attacking the ball and has the confidence to use his weapons to the teams benefit. When he can begin to take more grabs in and around the F50 he will be hard to stop

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2173 on: September 01, 2014, 02:19:21 PM »
There is a place for both of them in the team. Need to sign up Griffiths pronto. He has shown he is on the right path.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2174 on: September 01, 2014, 03:07:43 PM »

Superb.

Would consider trading Vickery and Grimes if we could get maybe 2nd round picks.

Anything less I'd rather keep them. Would be great if we could find a way for Jack, Griff and Vickery to all play in the F50. All 3 are exceptional at ground level for their heights. I'd even be happy for Griff and Jack to play up the wing a bit more. Griff's marking/long kicking and Jack's inside 50 delivery are sensational.