Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 457826 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2280 on: October 02, 2014, 09:48:33 PM »
how do those stats compare against other talls with less than 50 games under their belt?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2281 on: October 02, 2014, 09:50:11 PM »
how do those stats compare against other talls with less than 50 games under their belt?

Let's not make this a considered discussion. ;D
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

the claw

« Reply #2282 on: October 02, 2014, 10:08:38 PM »
what a lazy bugger work em out for yourself.
id hazard a guess and say they are comparable with most 1st and 2nd yr players who have been given a go. yet ben is what in yr 5 or 6.

all im doing is keeping peoples feet on the ground here. bens yr is hardly anything worth hanging your hat on now is it. statistically and imo input wise hes barely up to scratch in fact hes not.
hes gone from deplorable to what exactly ?????? yet he wins our most improved.

he goes into yr freakin 6 next yr will those stats be acceptable. imo they arent for yr 5. those stats show hes not good enough to play kpf and hes not there to play ruck.
ah defend em like your life depends on it. even when all the indicators say long long way to go.

now if we were to talk potential and possible upside th injury and other external factors  i might join ya , but for me to date  based purely on performance my eyes and statistically hes been very ordinary.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2283 on: October 02, 2014, 10:22:34 PM »
id hazard a guess and say they are comparable with most 1st and 2nd yr players who have been given a go. yet ben is what in yr 5 or 6.

all im doing is keeping peoples feet on the ground here. bens yr is hardly anything worth hanging your hat on now is it. statistically and imo input wise hes barely up to scratch in fact hes not.

he goes into yr freakin 6 next yr will those stats be acceptable. imo they arent for yr 5. those stats show hes not good enough to play kpf and hes not there to play ruck.
ah defend em like your life depends on it. even when all the indicators say long long way to go.

now if we were to talk potential and possible upside th injury and other external factors  i might join ya , but for me to date  based purely on performance my eyes and statistically hes been very ordinary.
No diss but are you the person who recommended we draft fiora and tambling? He is a young tall who has finally been given a go, he is going ok and has a lot of upside. He has been a big plus for this season IMHO.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2284 on: October 02, 2014, 10:40:15 PM »

FFS claw. The guy had two shoulder recos in 2 years including one that required bone grafting.  He was then in and out the side. Then he was played in defense and then dropped like a hot potato.  Finally he gets a reasonable go this year and becomes the number one contested mark in the side. Why don't you look at things more deeply than looking at a few isolated stats and years since drafted.  You are far too simplistic.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #2285 on: October 02, 2014, 11:16:22 PM »

No diss but are you the person who recommended we draft fiora and tambling? He is a young tall who has finally been given a go, he is going ok and has a lot of upside. He has been a big plus for this season IMHO.
ive been attributed with a lot of things lambsy,  but tambling and fiora are not among them.
just for you on pre just two weeks out from the nd i went deledio, franklin, lewis , and monfries. in that order with our picks . went off buddy because i listened to the bad attitude allegations mind you being in the west they were real. i have rarely picked a a player under 180cm inside the first two rounds especially skinny smls just a waste of time imo.

some players i really liked who did nothing. post yep i thought he could be a real good aerialist. ash sampi bjust loved this bloke. have to say i dont go for many indiginous types but sampi was one. i actually liked casserley great foot skills and was very happy we took him. chris yarran was another alex rance was another. people go mad at me because i continue to criticise him but i was over the moon he slipped to us. in fact i thought he would go top 10 despite the kicking. i still dont see alex in the role that most rfc people do in fact i was close to wanting us to delist him.
i liked dave gourdis as a kid not his sklls or bfooty smarts just his athleticism.we god thompson from p/a knew he had weaknesses but thought he could adapt. ffs theres lots ive been wrong about but the point is i think ive got far more right,

i used to say outright so and so is a dud after a short period at times.i wont do that anymore because there are plenty of small minded posters who want nothing more than to see you get it wrong and never ever let you forget it. i dont claim to get everything right no one in footy does . the key is to get a decent percent more right than wrong and i reckon i do that.

theres  kids at gcs id like to rookie they have been cut. if i said there names and they didnt make it i would never live it down so i do pick my targets to comment on. when you think about oit its sad in a way cant talk about kids because its not worth the hassle.small minded people just looking for any old mistake ignoring religiously what you do ghet right.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2286 on: October 03, 2014, 02:07:22 AM »
oh hes really improved
hes now going at
9 disposals a game,
0.75 goals a game
3.1 mks a game with 1.09 of em contested.
3.7 h/o a game
1.83 tackles a game
3.8 cps
1.6 i50s a game

yep phenomenal performance  makes one ponder the improvement of others.
This seasons stats are better claw. Average tackle count is 2.8 (best of our forwards), HO were 7.5 per game. Marks were up to 4.4 per game.

These stats don't show that he stood up in crunch moments in the year - match saving mark against the blues; goal from 55m out on the boundary to put us within a goal of the bulldogs in the last; match saving mark against the swans in the last game to help us sneak into the finals were just some that I can remember off the top of my head.  If you can't see any improvement in his game I suggest you go out and buy a labrador mate. :whistle

Feel like there was another clutch goal in there too

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2287 on: October 03, 2014, 08:04:56 AM »

lazy, yet you admit you dont know how they stack up against others, yet continue to say his are not up to scratch.

perhaps then, to make it simpler, you could tell us what sort of stats you would regard as being up to scratch for a tall who has played less than 50 games?

and on that, do you really believe that age is more important than games played in terms of development, particularly when injury has played a big part in not playing?

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #2288 on: October 03, 2014, 09:00:01 AM »

lazy, yet you admit you dont know how they stack up against others, yet continue to say his are not up to scratch.

perhaps then, to make it simpler, you could tell us what sort of stats you would regard as being up to scratch for a tall who has played less than 50 games?

and on that, do you really believe that age is more important than games played in terms of development, particularly when injury has played a big part in not playing?
as i said your lazy iwont be doing any leg work for you. you want to find out how he compares do it yourself.
 i dont need to look at stats too hard a blind man can see his output to date is poor.

all im saying is he has to improve one hell of a lot still, if you cant handle that  its your problem.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2289 on: October 03, 2014, 09:45:53 AM »
Dr Craw

agree with you re our happy hunting ground is probably GWS or GC.

There is a ruckman Jonathon Griffin who has played a handful of games for Freo but has been overshadowed by Turf Toe and now Zac Clarke

He is 28 , may be too old, but gee he played a few wonderful games for freo.

Like you say it is hard to put a name up as you get shot down, but we all should feel the love and know we are one happy family of Tiger supporters.

Personally I like your comments, if everyone said the same it wouldn't be a forum.

Controversy - love it...Claw bring it on.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2290 on: October 03, 2014, 10:32:57 AM »
Lets not lose sight of the fact he can kick 66 metres

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2291 on: October 03, 2014, 12:52:24 PM »
Lets not lose sight of the fact he can kick 66 metres
It's actually 80 metres according to Dimma! :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

dwaino

« Reply #2292 on: October 03, 2014, 01:02:15 PM »
Pyongyang apparently interested in trading for Griff to launch their missiles.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2293 on: October 03, 2014, 01:46:25 PM »
Pyongyang apparently interested in trading for Griff to launch their missiles.

Chuck in Hampson as a lauch pad

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2294 on: October 03, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »
oh hes really improved
hes now going at
9 disposals a game,
0.75 goals a game
3.1 mks a game with 1.09 of em contested.
3.7 h/o a game
1.83 tackles a game
3.8 cps
1.6 i50s a game

yep phenomenal performance  makes one ponder the improvement of others.
This seasons stats are better claw. Average tackle count is 2.8 (best of our forwards), HO were 7.5 per game. Marks were up to 4.4 per game.

These stats don't show that he stood up in crunch moments in the year - match saving mark against the blues; goal from 55m out on the boundary to put us within a goal of the bulldogs in the last; match saving mark against the swans in the last game to help us sneak into the finals were just some that I can remember off the top of my head.  If you can't see any improvement in his game I suggest you go out and buy a labrador mate. :whistle

Feel like there was another clutch goal in there too

How about those match winning   / saving contested mark stats?  :whistle