Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 504961 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2295 on: October 03, 2014, 01:57:10 PM »
how do those stats compare against other talls with less than 50 games under their belt?
what a lazy bugger work em out for yourself.
id hazard a guess and say they are comparable with most 1st and 2nd yr players who have been given a go. yet ben is what in yr 5 or 6.

all im doing is keeping peoples feet on the ground here. bens yr is hardly anything worth hanging your hat on now is it. statistically and imo input wise hes barely up to scratch in fact hes not.
hes gone from deplorable to what exactly ?????? yet he wins our most improved.

he goes into yr freakin 6 next yr will those stats be acceptable. imo they arent for yr 5. those stats show hes not good enough to play kpf and hes not there to play ruck.
ah defend em like your life depends on it. even when all the indicators say long long way to go.

now if we were to talk potential and possible upside th injury and other external factors  i might join ya , but for me to date  based purely on performance my eyes and statistically hes been very ordinary.

So you can rant for decades on end

But when you are asked to compare appleswith apples, in the nAME of fairness

Na CBF

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2296 on: October 03, 2014, 03:17:10 PM »
how do those stats compare against other talls with less than 50 games under their belt?
id hazard a guess and say they are comparable with most 1st and 2nd yr players who have been given a go. yet ben is what in yr 5 or 6.

all im doing is keeping peoples feet on the ground here. bens yr is hardly anything worth hanging your hat on now is it. statistically and imo input wise hes barely up to scratch in fact hes not.

he goes into yr freakin 6 next yr will those stats be acceptable. imo they arent for yr 5. those stats show hes not good enough to play kpf and hes not there to play ruck.
ah defend em like your life depends on it. even when all the indicators say long long way to go.

now if we were to talk potential and possible upside th injury and other external factors  i might join ya , but for me to date  based purely on performance my eyes and statistically hes been very ordinary.
lazy, yet you admit you dont know how they stack up against others, yet continue to say his are not up to scratch.

perhaps then, to make it simpler, you could tell us what sort of stats you would regard as being up to scratch for a tall who has played less than 50 games?

and on that, do you really believe that age is more important than games played in terms of development, particularly when injury has played a big part in not playing?
as i said your lazy iwont be doing any leg work for you. you want to find out how he compares do it yourself.
 i dont need to look at stats too hard a blind man can see his output to date is poor.

all im saying is he has to improve one hell of a lot still, if you cant handle that  its your problem.

i understand you are not prepared to provide stats to back up your rants. you made that abundantly clear.

all im asking is that you provide the benchmark and i will then go and find how many players in the league fulfill those requirements.

so once again, what sort of stats would you call acceptable for a big man with less than 50 games under his belt?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #2297 on: October 03, 2014, 08:16:51 PM »

Na CBF
na wrong as usual. i cant be bothered doing als leg work for him id rather cut off my right arm. i wouldnt pee on the bloke if he was on fire.  you get the picture .

ive made a statement saying for a bloke in yr 5 regardless of the number of games hes played his performances dont stack up. if you or the anyone want to prove me wrong do your own legwork.

SNIP: keep the insults/name calling to yourself :banghead
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:10:41 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2298 on: October 03, 2014, 09:23:38 PM »
I would have liked to have read the unedited edition

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2299 on: October 03, 2014, 09:25:22 PM »
Wouldhave liked yo have read the uunedited edition

On the turps Bents?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2300 on: October 03, 2014, 11:43:08 PM »

Na CBF
na wrong as usual. i cant be bothered doing als leg work for him id rather cut off my right arm. i wouldnt pee on the bloke if he was on fire.  you get the picture .

ive made a statement saying for a bloke in yr 5 regardless of the number of games hes played his performances dont stack up. if you or the anyone want to prove me wrong do your own legwork.

are you really saying that a blokes football should be developing, even when he isnt playing due to injury?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2301 on: October 04, 2014, 09:26:16 AM »

Na CBF

:'(

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2302 on: October 04, 2014, 12:53:22 PM »
Ben improved out of sight this year, he really had no shot at it before then. Some of us can see the improvement and rate him, some cant, Some have painted themselves into a corner and arent comming out in a hurry. Lets all agree that it would be best for the RFC that the ones that see the improvement and potential are correct.  I said before the year, any improvement from our list would come from the likes of Griffiths and Asbury. Watch this space next year, both will grow another leg.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2303 on: October 04, 2014, 03:34:14 PM »
Ben improved out of sight this year, he really had no shot at it before then. Some of us can see the improvement and rate him, some cant, Some have painted themselves into a corner and arent comming out in a hurry. Lets all agree that it would be best for the RFC that the ones that see the improvement and potential are correct.  I said before the year, any improvement from our list would come from the likes of Griffiths and Asbury. Watch this space next year, both will grow another leg.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

the claw

« Reply #2304 on: October 05, 2014, 04:44:14 PM »
dont think anyone has said he has not improved. the amount of improvement and exactly where hes at is being debated.out of sight i dont think so. that is an over the top statement.

im arguing hes gone from pee poor down right deplorable to barely passable in fact i would not give him a pass mark. but yes hes shown some  improvement.its the sort of incremental improvement he should have been showing each yr.

ive said he needs to continue to improve and continue to improve a fair bit to become a good player.it was no coincidence that he was shopped around last yr. he showed just enough this yr to save himself. imo.

i watch him play and my eyes tell me he does nowhere near enough he goes missing for huge chunks and has no influence on games. all the stats back up exactly these things.
yet we get the excuse oh hes only played so many games what 35   ignoring hes had 5 yrs in an afl system and there has been damn good reasons other than injury as to why hes played so few games..its excuse making for what is ordinary performances. why people feel the need to make excuses for players is beyond me.
they are either at an acceptable level or they are not. griffeths is still nowhere near it despite some improvement. clearly the hope has to be he can improve some more.

i keep asking this about vickery it is the same for griffiths.
as a kpf what is you expect them to do well and consistently well. as a ruckman what do you expect them to do well  and consistently well.

when i read things like ben improved out of sight this yr i shake my head in wonder. he improved some to get somewhere close to where he should be. but needs to improve a damn sight more.

dunno about others but backed up from my eyes  after 5 yrs regardless of number of games 
9 disposals is not good enough.especially for a bloke who gets freed up in games by getting a run in the ruck.
4 marks for a 200cm  kpf  is not good enough especially for a bloke who relies on marks to gain half of his possesions.
1 mark inside 50 per game is not good enough
1.5 contested mks a game for a bloke his size is not good enough.
o.75 goals a game is nowhere near enough for one of your kpfs.
7.5 h/o a game for your second ruck is not good enough.
i could do em all thats his stats in a lot of categories this yr.  it just shows how far he has to go. my eyes tell me when i watch him play hes doing nowhere near enough and the stats back me up to the hilt.
5 yrs in fully developed physically and has been for the last 4 yrs he has at no stage in his career delivered anywhere near enough either at afl level or vfl level. yet people defend and defend to what end i have no idea perhaps ite the idea he has and is taking so long or the idea that maybe he wont make it. we all hope he becomes a good player but to just ignore how poor hes been is stupidity and putting your head in the sand.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2305 on: October 05, 2014, 04:55:28 PM »
dont think anyone has said he has not improved. the amount of improvement and exactly where hes at is being debated.out of sight i dont think so. that is an over the top statement.

im arguing hes gone from pee poor down right deplorable to barely passable in fact i would not give him a pass mark. but yes hes shown some  improvement.its the sort of incremental improvement he should have been showing each yr.

ive said he needs to continue to improve and continue to improve a fair bit to become a good player.it was no coincidence that he was shopped around last yr. he showed just enough this yr to save himself. imo.

i watch him play and my eyes tell me he does nowhere near enough he goes missing for huge chunks and has no influence on games. all the stats back up exactly these things.
yet we get the excuse oh hes only played so many games what 35   ignoring hes had 5 yrs in an afl system and there has been damn good reasons other than injury as to why hes played so few games..its excuse making for what is ordinary performances. why people feel the need to make excuses for players is beyond me.
they are either at an acceptable level or they are not. griffeths is still nowhere near it despite some improvement. clearly the hope has to be he can improve some more.

i keep asking this about vickery it is the same for griffiths.
as a kpf what is you expect them to do well and consistently well. as a ruckman what do you expect them to do well  and consistently well.

when i read things like ben improved out of sight this yr i shake my head in wonder. he improved some to get somewhere close to where he should be. but needs to improve a damn sight more.

dunno about others but backed up from my eyes  after 5 yrs regardless of number of games 
9 disposals is not good enough.especially for a bloke who gets freed up in games by getting a run in the ruck.
4 marks for a 200cm  kpf  is not good enough especially for a bloke who relies on marks to gain half of his possesions.
1 mark inside 50 per game is not good enough
1.5 contested mks a game for a bloke his size is not good enough.
o.75 goals a game is nowhere near enough for one of your kpfs.
7.5 h/o a game for your second ruck is not good enough.
i could do em all thats his stats in a lot of categories this yr.  it just shows how far he has to go. my eyes tell me when i watch him play hes doing nowhere near enough and the stats back me up to the hilt.
5 yrs in fully developed physically and has been for the last 4 yrs he has at no stage in his career delivered anywhere near enough either at afl level or vfl level. yet people defend and defend to what end i have no idea perhaps ite the idea he has and is taking so long or the idea that maybe he wont make it. we all hope he becomes a good player but to just ignore how poor hes been is stupidity and putting your head in the sand.

l'm putting this into the dribble files. The lad has improved greatly. l have watched him closely even before coming to Tigerland & his 2014 season was a pass. He has grabbed the bull by the horns forcing Vickery to fight for his place. His confidence has grown since working with Choco & he is teachable & is prepared to learn from those who offer great advise. His reading of the game has improved greatly. His marking has improved. His ability to get around the ground has improved & his courage has grown. think you need to re-watch the whole season including the VFL games.  :lol

the claw

« Reply #2306 on: October 05, 2014, 06:13:03 PM »
lol its what i expected people lauding mediocrity.i suppose its all some know.

yes i think we all agree hes imroved but in ypour words some are just plain dribbling if they insisst hes at an acceptable level.lol a bloke who can manage just 9 disposals a game and still way below an acceptable level  can win our most improved. what does that say about our players.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2307 on: October 05, 2014, 06:17:43 PM »
would it be fair to say that contested marks are the most crucial of stats, if taken singularly for a big man?

Grfiffiths averaged 1.6 in 2014, but that is not good enough.

tippet 1.8
petrie 1.8
sandilands 1.8
shultz 1.7
pavelich 1.7
cloke 1.6
walker 1.5
Nick Riewoldt 1.5
westoff 1.4
Jarryd Roughead 1.3
Jack Riewoldt 1.2
Hansen 1.2
dean cox 0.9
Scott Lycett 0.9

Scott Lycett, now theres a name that we have repeatedly been told we should get. how do his stats compare to Bens, having only 1 less year in the system (without the missed football due to injury)

grithiths v lycett

disp  9 - 12 (kicks 6.3 - 5.7)
marks  4.4 - 3.8
c marks 1.6 - 0.9
m i50  1.1 - 1
goals  0.8 - 1.1 (behinds 0.9 - 0.4)
goal assists  0.4 - 0.1
I 50s 2.3 - 1.7
h/o  7.5 -13.7
1%ers  2.6 - 1.9

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2308 on: October 05, 2014, 06:38:46 PM »
would it be fair to say that contested marks are the most crucial of stats, if taken singularly for a big man?

tippet 1.8
petrie 1.8
sandilands 1.8
shultz 1.7
pavelich 1.7
cloke 1.6
walker 1.5
Nick Riewoldt 1.5
westoff 1.4
Jarryd Roughead 1.3
Jack Riewoldt 1.2
Hansen 1.2
dean cox 0.9
Scott Lycett 0.9

Scott Lycett, now theres a name that we have repeatedly been told we should get. how do his stats compare to Bens, having only 1 less year in the system (without the missed football due to injury)

grithiths v lycett

marks  4.4 - 3.8
c marks 1.6 - 0.9
m i50  1.1 - 1
goal assists  0.4 - 0.1
I 50s 2.3 - 1.7
h/o  7.5 -13.7
1%ers  2.6 - 1.9

All about comparing like for like - great post al :thumbsup

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2309 on: October 05, 2014, 06:50:53 PM »

tippet 1.8
petrie 1.8
sandilands 1.8
shultz 1.7
pavelich 1.7
cloke 1.6
walker 1.5
Nick Riewoldt 1.5
westoff 1.4
Jarryd Roughead 1.3
Jack Riewoldt 1.2
Hansen 1.2
dean cox 0.9
Scott Lycett 0.9

grithiths v lycett

marks  4.4 - 3.8
c marks 1.6 - 0.9
m i50  1.1 - 1
goal assists  0.4 - 0.1
I 50s 2.3 - 1.7
h/o  7.5 -13.7
1%ers  2.6 - 1.9
Don't let truth get in the way of a claw rant! :lol :thumbsup
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.