Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 504958 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2310 on: October 05, 2014, 07:15:02 PM »
Watch this space next year, both will grow another leg.

We don't need another Nahas :banghead

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2311 on: October 05, 2014, 07:49:04 PM »
would it be fair to say that contested marks are the most crucial of stats, if taken singularly for a big man?

Grfiffiths averaged 1.6 in 2014, but that is not good enough.

tippet 1.8
petrie 1.8
sandilands 1.8
shultz 1.7
pavelich 1.7
cloke 1.6
walker 1.5
Nick Riewoldt 1.5
westoff 1.4
Jarryd Roughead 1.3
Jack Riewoldt 1.2
Hansen 1.2
dean cox 0.9
Scott Lycett 0.9

Scott Lycett, now theres a name that we have repeatedly been told we should get. how do his stats compare to Bens, having only 1 less year in the system (without the missed football due to injury)

grithiths v lycett

disp  9 - 12 (kicks 6.3 - 5.7)
marks  4.4 - 3.8
c marks 1.6 - 0.9
m i50  1.1 - 1
goals  0.8 - 1.1 (behinds 0.9 - 0.4)
goal assists  0.4 - 0.1
I 50s 2.3 - 1.7
h/o  7.5 -13.7
1%ers  2.6 - 1.9

This looks fun, let's compare Griff to one of Claws other fav boys from over there in WA... Tom Lee. First of all Griff is 9 months younger and been in the system only a year longer and we all know games don't matter so I won't bother commenting on games played. Tom is a KPF fully not a part time ruck so we'll excuse the hit out stats.

Griff v Lee
Disposals 9.0 v 8.0
Marks 4.4 v 3.7
Goals 0.8 v 0.3 (Boy oh boy wowee, that's a bit of an advantage from the part time ruckman)
Behinds 0.9 v 0.3 (so more scoring shots, isn't that interesting?)
Goal assists 0.4 v 0 (tisk tisk Mr Lee looks like you never give it off and still manage less shots than BBBG)
Tackles 2.8 v 2.3
Inside 50's 2.3 v 1.3
Contested poss 5.1 v 3.7
Uncontested poss 4.4 v 4.7
Contested marks 1.6 v 0.7
Marks I50 1.1 v 1.0 (May not look like much but let's not forget who is and who's not the full time forward)
1% 2.6 v 2.0

And just for fun hit outs 7.5 v 1.0.

But let's trade Griff for Tom Lee we all know Claw doesn't get them wrong

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2312 on: October 05, 2014, 08:25:15 PM »
I take my hat off to Al and Yeahright.

Great work guys and it is refreshing to let the facts speak for themselves

:thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #2313 on: October 05, 2014, 08:43:13 PM »
Who needs facts when you have subjective bias?

Gigantor

« Reply #2314 on: October 05, 2014, 09:00:31 PM »
Fellas you do realise claw will hit back hard.....so man up quickly

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2315 on: October 05, 2014, 09:02:43 PM »
Fellas you do realise claw will hit back hard.....so man up quickly

My guess it will be a badly punctuated rambling rant that doesn't address the subject matter

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2316 on: October 05, 2014, 09:43:14 PM »
would it be fair to say that contested marks are the most crucial of stats, if taken singularly for a big man?

tippet 1.8
petrie 1.8
sandilands 1.8
shultz 1.7
pavelich 1.7
cloke 1.6
walker 1.5
Nick Riewoldt 1.5
westoff 1.4
Jarryd Roughead 1.3
Jack Riewoldt 1.2
Hansen 1.2
dean cox 0.9
Scott Lycett 0.9

Scott Lycett, now theres a name that we have repeatedly been told we should get. how do his stats compare to Bens, having only 1 less year in the system (without the missed football due to injury)

grithiths v lycett

marks  4.4 - 3.8
c marks 1.6 - 0.9
m i50  1.1 - 1
goal assists  0.4 - 0.1
I 50s 2.3 - 1.7
h/o  7.5 -13.7
1%ers  2.6 - 1.9

This looks fun, let's compare Griff to one of Claws other fav boys from over there in WA... Tom Lee. First of all Griff is 9 months younger and been in the system only a year longer and we all know games don't matter so I won't bother commenting on games played. Tom is a KPF fully not a part time ruck so we'll excuse the hit out stats.

Griff v Lee
Disposals 9.0 v 8.0
Marks 4.4 v 3.7
Goals 0.8 v 0.3 (Boy oh boy wowee, that's a bit of an advantage from the part time ruckman)
Goal assists 0.4 v 0 (tisk tisk Mr Lee looks like you never give it off and still manage less shots than BBBG)
Tackles 2.8 v 2.3
Inside 50's 2.3 v 1.3
Contested poss 5.1 v 3.7
Marks I50 1.1 v 1.0 (May not look like much but let's not forget who is and who's not the full time forward)
1% 2.6 v 2.0

The really sad thing about the comparison is how close they are. And Tom Lee is a dud and plays for the worst side in the league.
I think you just backed Claws argument up with your post.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2317 on: October 05, 2014, 09:56:06 PM »

tippet 1.8
petrie 1.8
sandilands 1.8
shultz 1.7
pavelich 1.7
cloke 1.6
walker 1.5
Nick Riewoldt 1.5
westoff 1.4
Jarryd Roughead 1.3
Jack Riewoldt 1.2
Hansen 1.2
dean cox 0.9
Scott Lycett 0.9

grithiths v lycett

marks  4.4 - 3.8
c marks 1.6 - 0.9
m i50  1.1 - 1
goal assists  0.4 - 0.1
I 50s 2.3 - 1.7
h/o  7.5 -13.7
1%ers  2.6 - 1.9

Griff v Lee
Disposals 9.0 v 8.0
Marks 4.4 v 3.7
Tackles 2.8 v 2.3
Inside 50's 2.3 v 1.3
Contested poss 5.1 v 3.7
1% 2.6 v 2.0

I know Claw will pick you up on this crap you posted, I would hardly say he has been in the system only one year less than Biff. Didn't Tom play at Clarmont in 2010, '11 and '12?
Then played 2013 and 2014 at the Saints.
If you are going to try to be funny I would get your facts right first.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2318 on: October 05, 2014, 10:35:20 PM »
Stats and other BS aside I look at Griffiths' year and I think he has the potential to be a good contributer on the field.

/end

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2319 on: October 05, 2014, 10:50:39 PM »
I know Claw will pick you up on this crap you posted, I would hardly say he has been in the system only one year less than Biff. Didn't Tom play at Clarmont in 2010, '11 and '12?

You know what, I did make a mistake. I saw he was drafted in 2008 but didn't realise he had a stint at Adelaide and got delisted  :lol. Still keep my point though because it shows that Claws "systematic approach" to players doesn't mean he is right.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2320 on: October 06, 2014, 07:48:44 AM »

You know what, I did make a mistake. I saw he was drafted in 2008 but didn't realise he had a stint at Adelaide and got delisted  :lol. Still keep my point though because it shows that Claws "systematic approach" to players doesn't mean he is right.
Schultz might be a better comparison?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2321 on: October 06, 2014, 11:06:55 AM »

Schultz might be a better comparison?
Wasn't he delisted too? Sorry, I meant traded away! :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2322 on: October 06, 2014, 01:14:07 PM »
Ben improved out of sight this year, he really had no shot at it before then. Some of us can see the improvement and rate him, some cant, Some have painted themselves into a corner and arent comming out in a hurry. Lets all agree that it would be best for the RFC that the ones that see the improvement and potential are correct.  I said before the year, any improvement from our list would come from the likes of Griffiths and Asbury. Watch this space next year, both will grow another leg.
dont think anyone has said he has not improved. the amount of improvement and exactly where hes at is being debated.out of sight i dont think so. that is an over the top statement.

im arguing hes gone from pee poor down right deplorable to barely passable in fact i would not give him a pass mark. but yes hes shown some  improvement.its the sort of incremental improvement he should have been showing each yr.

ive said he needs to continue to improve and continue to improve a fair bit to become a good player.it was no coincidence that he was shopped around last yr. he showed just enough this yr to save himself. imo.

i watch him play and my eyes tell me he does nowhere near enough he goes missing for huge chunks and has no influence on games. all the stats back up exactly these things.
yet we get the excuse oh hes only played so many games what 35   ignoring hes had 5 yrs in an afl system and there has been damn good reasons other than injury as to why hes played so few games..its excuse making for what is ordinary performances. why people feel the need to make excuses for players is beyond me.
they are either at an acceptable level or they are not. griffeths is still nowhere near it despite some improvement. clearly the hope has to be he can improve some more.

i keep asking this about vickery it is the same for griffiths.
as a kpf what is you expect them to do well and consistently well. as a ruckman what do you expect them to do well  and consistently well.

when i read things like ben improved out of sight this yr i shake my head in wonder. he improved some to get somewhere close to where he should be. but needs to improve a damn sight more.

dunno about others but backed up from my eyes  after 5 yrs regardless of number of games 
9 disposals is not good enough.especially for a bloke who gets freed up in games by getting a run in the ruck.
4 marks for a 200cm  kpf  is not good enough especially for a bloke who relies on marks to gain half of his possesions.
1 mark inside 50 per game is not good enough
1.5 contested mks a game for a bloke his size is not good enough.
o.75 goals a game is nowhere near enough for one of your kpfs.
7.5 h/o a game for your second ruck is not good enough.
i could do em all thats his stats in a lot of categories this yr.  it just shows how far he has to go. my eyes tell me when i watch him play hes doing nowhere near enough and the stats back me up to the hilt.
5 yrs in fully developed physically and has been for the last 4 yrs he has at no stage in his career delivered anywhere near enough either at afl level or vfl level. yet people defend and defend to what end i have no idea perhaps ite the idea he has and is taking so long or the idea that maybe he wont make it. we all hope he becomes a good player but to just ignore how poor hes been is stupidity and putting your head in the sand.

Well "Your Eyes" might be telling you one thing but "My Eyes" like what they saw as far as progress from a 35 game player. Enjoy your corner, it must be a fun, happy and positive place.

Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

the claw

« Reply #2323 on: October 06, 2014, 09:31:18 PM »
so everyone thinks ben is  a very good afl player when not one thing backs that up. thats fine explains a lot about just how precious and deluded most on here are.
its not worth  replying everyone thinks hes made it. everyone thinks hes at an afl  level.
may as well go out and draft more like him. how about tom lee hes a dud right but not far off griffiths. but wait we got hamspud hes not too far off ben either.what about the other one on our list that a lot here praising griffiths are quite happy to see the back of in vickery. easily a better performer to date but hey its okay if we trade him out.
as i said you lot are in love with mediocrity and put em on pedestals before they have achieved a thing. im happy to cop the b/s because quite frankly i couldnt give a poo about your opinions i never have. im here to voice an opinion and i will damn well voice it weather you lot like it or not.

lol falling in love with a bloke who cant get a kick and cant kick a goal who quite simply seems as soft as butter mentally.its golden and expected.

im happy to sit back and cop the derision but you had better be prepared to put up with the criticisms i will just go harder.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2324 on: October 06, 2014, 09:41:07 PM »
so everyone thinks ben is  a very good afl player when not one thing backs that up. thats fine explains a lot about just how precious and deluded most on here are.
its not worth  replying everyone thinks hes made it. everyone thinks hes at an afl  level.
may as well go out and draft more like him. how about tom lee hes a dud right but not far off griffiths. but wait we got hamspud hes not too far off ben either.what about the other one on our list that a lot here praising griffiths are quite happy to see the back of in vickery. easily a better performer to date but hey its okay if we trade him out.
as i said you lot are in love with mediocrity and put em on pedestals before they have achieved a thing. im happy to cop the b/s because quite frankly i couldnt give a poo about your opinions i never have. im here to voice an opinion and i will damn well voice it weather you lot like it or not.

lol falling in love with a bloke who cant get a kick and cant kick a goal who quite simply seems as soft as butter mentally.its golden and expected.

im happy to sit back and cop the derision but you had better be prepared to put up with the criticisms i will just go harder.
Rubbish claw.
Not many are saying he is a very good AFL player. However, many see the potential of becoming a good AFL player. If you can't see it, but see more in a dud like Tom Lee then you need to see an optometrist.
The guy is improving and in the last few games in the year played an important role in the victories. Sure he's been in the system 5 years. The first two were injury riddled and the third was played out of position down back. In 2013 he was poor but improved so much this year that he won the club's most improved player award.
Bloody hell, guys like Choco Williams can see it (spoke to him at the B&F) so I don't care if you don't.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.