Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 457724 times)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2325 on: October 06, 2014, 10:57:47 PM »
I would like the stats gurus to gather the first 5 years of Sam Reid versus Ben Griffiths please ....

Just for comparison review & analysis.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2326 on: October 07, 2014, 02:47:24 AM »
Snip!  >:(

Cut out the personal insults, baiting and all the infighting crap  :banghead and get back to discussing the topic. That goes for all threads.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2327 on: October 07, 2014, 02:50:35 AM »
I would like the stats gurus to gather the first 5 years of Sam Reid versus Ben Griffiths please ....

Here you go DT. Both picked up in the 2009 draft.

Stats comparison: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=17&pid1=3381&tid2=15&pid2=3332&type=A&fid1=C&fid2=C

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2328 on: October 07, 2014, 07:22:48 AM »
Snip!  >:(

Cut out the personal insults, baiting and all the infighting crap  :banghead and get back to discussing the topic. That goes for all threads.
LOL >:(
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 04:52:01 PM by Owl »
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2329 on: October 07, 2014, 08:08:19 AM »

Stats comparison: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?tid1=17&pid1=3381&tid2=15&pid2=3332&type=A&fid1=C&fid2=C
Griffiths' stats from 2014 are better than Reids!
Hahaha!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2330 on: October 07, 2014, 09:04:32 AM »
they are also not too far behind one of the premier big men in hawkins stats at five years, specially if you take into account hawking had played 90 odd games. probably the biggest difference would be contested marks, although he averaged 1.6 contested marks in 2013, which as we know is unacceptable

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2331 on: October 07, 2014, 09:22:43 AM »

Griffiths' stats from 2014 are better than Reids!
Hahaha!

The point I was making earlier was that Jay Schultz in his first 6 years was no better statistically than BBG and we all know what has happened subsequently.
In fact, I'd back Benny Gales first 5 years to be no better either before having a great career.
Vision, faith, development and a willingness to apply talent are a potent mix between club and player.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

the claw

« Reply #2332 on: October 07, 2014, 11:08:16 AM »
lol no where have i said he hasnt improved. what i have said is to date hes not at afl level that hes gone from horrid to not quite there.i  asked if with his performances and stats if he won the most improved what did the  juniors and other  battlers do. they must have been horrid.
yet a posse of posters get their backs up because the truth is being spoken.

ben has  just one attribute to hang a hat on atm and boy have people latched onto it with their hot little hands. its like a life line.c/m he takes 1.5 a game and that is not good enough.
lets talk marks then shall we.
4.4 a game it isnt enough its never been enough. needs to improve in this. 1mark i50 for a  kpf its a  pitiful return and explains why riewoldt is always double and triple teamed.
ah the hat hanger 1.5 c/m how many c/m s are inside 50, i dont have that stat but my eyes say very few.but hey its close to other fwds so lets hang our hat on this one eh.

while we hang our hat on c/ps lets ignore all the other stats hes lousy in which is most. he has so many areas he has to be better in to become a decent player it is not funny.

but dont anyone dare focus on this its un richmond like.

i did a post on sam read a few days ago. said hes not worth chasing and very over rated to date and has little substance to his game atm. bit like griffiths eh.
at least someone around here is consistent.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2333 on: October 07, 2014, 11:32:28 AM »
lol no where have i said he hasnt improved. what i have said is to date hes not at afl level that hes gone from horrid to not quite there.i  asked if with his performances and stats if he won the most improved what did the  juniors and other  battlers do. they must have been horrid.

Who do you think improved more than him? Please give one or two names with tops a succinct description of why. No rambling that doesn't answer the question and instead takes a different tangent mixed in with some insults

while we hang our hat on c/ps lets ignore all the other stats hes lousy in which is most. he has so many areas he has to be better in to become a decent player it is not funny.

I think you should read my posts a few pages back, you aren't the first to focus on the need for improvement.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2334 on: October 07, 2014, 11:44:55 AM »

ben has  just one attribute to hang a hat on atm and boy have people latched onto it with their hot little hands. its like a life line.c/m he takes 1.5 a game and that is not good enough.
4.4 a game it isnt enough its never been enough. needs to improve in this. 1mark i50 for a  kpf its a  pitiful return and explains why riewoldt is always double and triple teamed.
ah the hat hanger 1.5 c/m how many c/m s are inside 50, i dont have that stat but my eyes say very few.but hey its close to other fwds so lets hang our hat on this one eh.

i did a post on sam read a few days ago. said hes not worth chasing and very over rated to date and has little substance to his game atm. bit like griffiths eh.
So you agre he has improved.  Draw a graph and you will see that this improvement will more than likely continue. We will have a very versatile 200cm player who has a unique set of skills playing for us. WTF is wrong with that?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2335 on: October 07, 2014, 11:53:26 AM »

ben reid won aa chb

and i dont think sam reid is a 100% different player...

reid>chaplin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ben Griffiths trimming down for new aerobic role (afl site)
« Reply #2336 on: January 28, 2015, 06:40:28 PM »
Tall Tiger trimming down for new aerobic role

Nathan Schmook 
afl.com.au
January 28, 2015 5:14 PM

RICHMOND forward Ben Griffiths is training for a new role up the ground in 2015 as he looks to build on the most encouraging period of his short career.

Griffiths, who impressed in the final six games of the Tigers' season last year, has taken momentum into this pre-season, stripping weight and building his engine.

The 23-year-old was a regular inside-50 target last year, leading Richmond for contested marks, but he managed just 12 goals in 16 games.

He is preparing for a changed role in 2015, which could allow him to utilise his aerial strengths more often.

"This season I'm going to be playing a bit higher up the ground, so I just need to increase my aerobic capacity," Griffiths told the club's website. 

"I feel like I'm moving a lot better than I was last year. I've lost a bit of weight so my mobility is a bit higher.

"I was playing at 104kg last year, which I needed, but I think the way the game's going and the role that I'm playing, I needed to lose a bit and run a bit better."

Griffith's improved mobility will also help him in the ruck, where he was regularly used as a back-up option last season.

As a tall forward, he will again be in competition with Tyrone Vickery, whose four-game suspension opened the door for Griffith's return to the team in round 19 last year.

"Although we're fighting for the spot we're helping each other to get better," Griffiths said. 

"We all want the club to succeed and the best way of doing that is for us to get better … the competition for talls especially is really good."

Roughly half of Richmond's list, including Griffiths and Vickery, took part in the final time trial of their pre-season at Princes Park on Wednesday.

Griffiths said it was a relief to get the 3km test out of the way and move into more match-based training.

"We've all got a bit of a taste for it … we've started some 13-on-13 [games] in the last couple of weeks and that's been really good," he said.

"Now we can get stuck into the football phase and start playing some intra-club games."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-28/tall-tiger-trimming-down

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Ben Griffiths trimming down for new aerobic role (afl site)
« Reply #2337 on: January 28, 2015, 06:44:12 PM »
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

tony_montana

« Reply #2338 on: January 28, 2015, 07:42:45 PM »
 :lol

relief to get a 3km time trial out of the way?  :nopity

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2339 on: January 28, 2015, 07:46:09 PM »
Think he meant the pre season running..

Griffiths showed a lot of promise in the back half of last season but he's still got a lot of work ahead of him.
I don't think I've seen him look fitter or hungrier since he's been at the club.
Break out season ahead methinks..