Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118483 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers punt on teen (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2010, 02:02:57 AM »
Tigers punt on teen
By Michael Warner
Herald-Sun
Tue 02 Feb 2010, Page 005

RICHMOND has vowed to stand by troubled draftee Troy Taylor after he was charged over a New Year's Eve assault.

Taylor, 18, will face a Northern Territory court on February 18 for his alleged involvement in an incident at an Alice Springs street party.

Three men -- aged 33, 39 and 47 -- were allegedly injured in the dispute.

Taylor, taken by the Tigers with pick 51 in last November's AFL national draft, has been charged on summons with one count of assault.

"We knew Troy had a number of issues he was dealing with when we drafted him,'' Tiger CEO Brendon Gale said last night.

"The Richmond Football Club has a professional network of support helping Troy address his issues but we have also advised Troy that he needs to take personal responsibility for the decisions he makes.''

Taylor has impressed club chiefs with his attitude and training performances since shifting to Melbourne.

Tiger coach Damien Hardwick said last week he was willing to give Taylor a second chance.

"As a kid we all made mistakes and Troy admits that and is willing to accept the consequences of his actions,'' he said.

"He's a player we think we can have an enormous future with.''

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Troy Taylor charged
« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2010, 07:19:31 AM »
Already done some digging last october, pass

Digging last October.... Hmmmm I suppose it depends on who you dig with or supplies you with the dirt  ;D

I wouldn't ask any journo what's going on but there would be others hmmmmmmm.... :shh :shh  ;) ;)  ;D

It's a pity the HUN hasn't bothered to report who else has been charged over this "alleged" incident
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2010, 08:20:32 AM »
Just hope its petty stuff and a slap on the wrist so this lad can get on with it, from all reports he has got some talent.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2010, 08:28:44 AM »

It's a pity the HUN hasn't bothered to report who else has been charged over this "alleged" incident

Well then Willy P, it's up to you.  Spill the beans.  :cheers
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2010, 09:01:16 AM »

Digging last October.... Hmmmm I suppose it depends on who you dig with or supplies you with the dirt  ;D

I wouldn't ask any journo what's going on but there would be others hmmmmmmm.... :shh :shh  ;) ;)  ;D

hey willie

I believe the club expect young troy to get out of this predicament relatively unscathed, is that your impression as well?

jackstar is back again

« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2010, 10:01:22 AM »

Spoke to three recruiters last October, they said big pass on this kid

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2010, 10:09:57 AM »
I could name 2 draftees that have a known social drug problem in this years draft that went top 30.

Everyone has a problem of some sort jack.

Not everyone is Matthew Richardson. Who cares he punched some bloke, pay for his crime what ever fit and come back and play footy.

Simple as that.
Go Tigers!

Offline Herewegotigers

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2010, 10:25:35 AM »

[/quote]

15 recruiters past on Cuz and Richmond did not want Buddy because of some concerns. Also the last time I checked  his football life at the tigers is not over , or his court case for that matter.

FNM

« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2010, 11:22:04 AM »

Hope you're prepared to name them Jack
Would love to see this kid prove them wrong and them make diks out of themselves  ;D
You will give us their names won't you?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2010, 11:42:54 AM »
first mistake by Hardwick recruiting this loser

should send him back to where he came from we have enough idiots in Melbourne who go around assaulting people
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2010, 11:53:38 AM »

should send him back to where he came from we have enough idiots in Melbourne who go around assaulting people

Don't be so hard on yourself Daniel..... ::). How do you feel about Cousins being at our club then, you must hate giving people another go so you would not agree with recruiting Cousins.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2010, 12:08:17 PM »

Not Guilty to proven Daniel, come on lets stick with our own for once.
Go Tigers!

jackstar is back again

« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2010, 01:18:21 PM »

15 recruiters past on Cuz and Richmond did not want Buddy because of some concerns. Also the last time I checked  his football life at the tigers is not over , or his court case for that matter.

[/quote]

Comparing and unknown draftee to a premiership player and ex captain. ::)
This kid might be worth the trouble full stop, can he actually play football ????

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2010, 01:38:44 PM »

So 3 clubs out of 17 (remember GC17 wanted to sign him) said they'd pass on him

That leaves 14 clubs ....

And BTW YES he can play footy

Well then Willy P, it's up to you.  Spill the beans.  :cheers

I have no beans to spill....

But logic tells me that there has to be more charges than those against Troy Taylor. Remember he was "allegedly" one of a "group of youths".

I would expect more to have been charged but media being media haven't reported that

I was just trying to make a point that the HUN has only mentioned part of the story when blind freddie can see that there is alot more to it

I believe the club expect young troy to get out of this predicament relatively unscathed, is that your impression as well?

blaisee I dont' know what the clubs views are on this.

But speaking to someone last night with a bit of knowledge in these things they reckon it was odd if things are bad as the HUN made out then why has the kid only been charged with ONE count of assult.

And I have to agree

He is innocent until proven guilty daniel or has that part of our legal system gone out the window.

And just as an aside to show how grey this term assault can be.

The fellow who spoke to the press originally well under the letter of the law it could be argued that he "allegedly" assaulted Taylor when he grabbed him by the shirt ....
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 02:16:27 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2010, 02:46:52 PM »
am amazed the people say he can play. ::)
So could Alex Gilmour.
So could Marty McGrath.