Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118482 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Troy Taylor charged
« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2010, 02:57:39 PM »
am amazed the people say he can play. ::)
So could Alex Gilmour.
So could Marty McGrath.

How do you know he can't play?

Have you watched him play before?  ::)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2010, 03:10:37 PM »
am amazed the people say he can play. ::)
So could Alex Gilmour.
So could Marty McGrath.

How do you know he can't play?

Have you watched him play before?  ::)

No, but everyone on here thinks he is a superstar, oh please, get a grip people.
We are just going down the same path as other times .
Players should be 100% dedicated or out the door.

Ox

« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2010, 03:38:51 PM »
all i will say this guy has got abit of history.
Shouldnt be a two or three strike policy at punt rd either.

Thew whole comp is run by shifty dogs who at the end of the day only give a farq about their bank account$

And, u can't form opinions on innuendo Jak.

In a year,maybe all the fickle haters will be able to stand justified,but for right now,go for a run or something....... :thumbsup

Edited for legal reasons. We cannot allow in any form assumptions of which players allegedly have strikes against their names when it hasn't been confirmed - legally it's not on; on a public forum
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:04:55 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #213 on: February 02, 2010, 04:16:46 PM »
Jackstar removing all doubt about the large quantity of manure in his head.
Collingwood were the team who talked him out of signing for GC17 and go into the draft so they could pick him.
As much as I hate them, they have the best recruiters in the land.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #214 on: February 02, 2010, 04:34:06 PM »
Infamy, at least I have something in my head, LOL .unlike your empty space, LOL :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #215 on: February 02, 2010, 05:07:40 PM »
No, but everyone on here thinks he is a superstar, oh please, get a grip people.
We are just going down the same path as other times .
Players should be 100% dedicated or out the door.

Who said he's a superstar? You are the only one who has mentioned the word

FACTS are and the club have said this he has been nothing but dedicated since he got here.

Here's an idea let's just wait and see what happens when the kid fronts court and let the justice (legal) system take its course.

In the meantime let's hope the kid playes next week in the NAB cup so we can debate whether he play footy  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

TigerTimeII

« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2010, 06:16:30 PM »
i think life is getting a bit precious
the kid has been in trouble big deal, now he beat up 3 grown men and he is still a kid
who cares if he is guilty , this is the kind of player we need, tough no fear and head strong
how many past greats had troubled pasts and upringing
we do not want a team that produces great moral citizens, i dont give a rats arse if he have a team full of hard core crims
we want a team that is tough strong uncomprimising and wins premierships
for far too long we have been the weakest softest team in the comp, its about time we got thugs back in the team
jack dyer may have been a gentleman but he was also a thug
the kid may get charged , he may not so what
he is still a kid and growing up
we dont even know if it was a case of self defence or not yet
cant wait til he shows some of this aggresion on the field

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: February 04, 2010, 12:21:19 AM »
Well if some of you reckon this kid is a problem you would probably wat to execute Mathew Stokes if he were on our team wouldnt you.!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #218 on: February 04, 2010, 10:08:37 AM »
Yep - These people need to realise the oppurtunity they have to play the biggest sport in the country, set themselves up for life and pretty much screw any good looking scrub they want , most of us would give our left nut for!

If they can't appreciate it enough to stay away from drugs and/or trouble, sympathy factor = 0. 

That said I must agree with TTII, I wouldn't care if the whole Richmond team were underbelly 4 if they could win us a flag  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #219 on: February 04, 2010, 02:58:09 PM »
Well if some of you reckon this kid is a problem you would probably wat to execute Mathew Stokes if he were on our team wouldnt you.!!

smashing 3 blokes vs having a gram of coke

what is worse?

:cheers

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: February 04, 2010, 03:39:30 PM »

what is worse?

1 bloke.  There was only 1 count of assault.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: February 04, 2010, 06:21:41 PM »

what is worse?

Well a decent gram of coke can probably get 3 people smashed so using simple maths its about even

1 bloke.  There was only 1 count of assault.
In that case a bag of coke is much worse

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Geelong to act early in troubling times for the AFL (mentions Taylor and Cuz)
« Reply #222 on: February 05, 2010, 03:14:26 AM »
It didn't take long for the media to link Stokes and Cousins  ::) ....

Geelong to act early in troubling times for the AFL
JAKE NIALL
February 5, 2010

AT GEELONG, Mathew Stokes is in trouble. Within St Kilda, Andrew Lovett is seen as trouble, while the third AFL player facing career-threatening criminal charges, Richmond teenager Troy Taylor, is perhaps viewed as troubled.

That last ''d'' makes a hell of a difference to a kid facing the football gallows. A club owes a duty of care to a player who is ''troubled'' - as Lovett, who suffered from depression, was once regarded - but if he is merely big Trouble than he will be cut little slack. Ben Cousins covered both categories, hence the agonising of clubs about whether he deserved that second chance.

This off-season has been an unpleasant one for the AFL hierarchy, which must be weary of expressing its ''disappointment'' that a player has been ''implicated in a charge of this nature'' - the well-worn words football operations manager Adrian Anderson trotted out on Wednesday when the Stokes-coke story detonated.

Drug trafficking, sexual assault and an assault by a kid on probation (Taylor) aren't a good look for an organisation that has worked so diligently to make its players good corporate citizens, having launched ambitious programs aimed at preventing drug and alcohol abuse and encouraging respectful treatment of women. This off-season of strife began with Essendon's emerging star Michael Hurley's alleged assault of a cab driver and included the Carlton booze cruise, which seems like a tea party in comparison with what has transpired since.

Social responsibility has been a cornerstone of the Andrew Demetriou regime, almost as much as northern expansion. The AFL, thus, will be hovering over Geelong, St Kilda and Richmond, like George Orwell's Big Brother, watching and ready to step in if they don't see ''appropriate'' action. The fate of Richmond's Taylor, who is 18 and yet to play, will be largely determined by the Northern Territory's courts, the kid having served a short stretch in juvenile detention for robbery and assault offences before he was drafted.

Full article at:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/geelong-to-act-early-in-troubling-times-for-the-afl-20100204-ng4e.html

the claw

« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2010, 07:11:04 PM »
the obvious extension and question to this is should we be putting players up as role models or should they be treated as just a cross section of society which in fact they are.

thieves gamblers druggies wife bashers  boozers brawlers rapists  and it goes on, all are represented in clubs footy lists.as is proven by the incessant court appearances of afl players. imo its naieve to think that a percentage of players wont find trouble or that it can be controlled. its a nonsense.
we know it will happen but act all incensed when it does it really is ludicrous.

what parent in their right mind would want their kids useing sportsmen, or rock stars  actors as role models for that matter.
no unfortunately the role model should be coming from the home  but parents everywhere are forgoing this responsibility and blaming all and sundry when things get out of hand.

in all honesty i expect young footballers to shag  and chase young women i expect them to party hard when they get the chance  i expect they will make poor decisions along the way its all part of the growing cycle. just like kids in society footballers are no different.hence the constant headlines.
tp be putting such ordinary people on pedestals and making them act and be something they are not is fraught with folly.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2010, 08:44:14 PM »
the obvious extension and question to this is should we be putting players up as role models or should they be treated as just a cross section of society which in fact they are.

thieves gamblers druggies wife bashers  boozers brawlers rapists  and it goes on, all are represented in clubs footy lists.as is proven by the incessant court appearances of afl players. imo its naieve to think that a percentage of players wont find trouble or that it can be controlled. its a nonsense.
we know it will happen but act all incensed when it does it really is ludicrous.

what parent in their right mind would want their kids useing sportsmen, or rock stars  actors as role models for that matter.
no unfortunately the role model should be coming from the home  but parents everywhere are forgoing this responsibility and blaming all and sundry when things get out of hand.
in all honesty i expect young footballers to shag  and chase young women i expect them to party hard when they get the chance  i expect they will make poor decisions along the way its all part of the growing cycle. just like kids in society footballers are no different.hence the constant headlines.
tp be putting such ordinary people on pedestals and making them act and be something they are not is fraught with folly.
'From an old fellow like me well said' :)