Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 107784 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: New cub Troy Taylor meets Tigers (Centralian Advocate)
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 04:45:18 PM »

Today Taylor will meet his new coach Damien Hardwick, with the two likely to discuss future plans for the talented 18-year-old.

He said: "I'll sit down with the coach and discuss what he wants me to do and see what I'll be be doing for the pre-season.''

I like this new initiative from the Tigers, the senior coach actually talking to the young kids.

Better policy than Wallace 'i talk to 1st and 2nd year players once every 2 months'

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Pick 51. Troy Taylor
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 11:24:05 PM »
hope Taylor turns out to be a superstar!

and please do the right things!

:)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 11:18:25 AM »
This is probably a soft/big call, but i reckon this kid will debut round 1 with The Aston.

would be nice to see but i doubt it.  simply not fit enough.  only joined NT thunder around april so only had about 7 months of formal organised training.  Hence obviously talented and skillful but engine not there yet.  more likely later in the season. 
ahhhh fair fair, i was just making a baseless prediction for the fun of it! Do you think any of the other draftees will debut round 1?

round 1, apart from martin, probably no one else.  Due to the lack of tall forward depth, it could be possible that astbury gets a run if he impresses pre-season (not griffiths as i think due to his recent surgery, he simply wouldn't have had enough of a pre-season).

other than that, if you count mitch farmer as a new recruit, then he's another who could play round 1

Mitch Farmer bloody well better debut early.  I don't want him to be another fringe player pick up like Tom Hislop.  If he doesn't (barring injury) it would show a lack of drafting credibility for Hardwick as he must have known Farmer before.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 12:04:20 PM »

Mitch Farmer bloody well better debut early.  I don't want him to be another fringe player pick up like Tom Hislop.  If he doesn't (barring injury) it would show a lack of drafting credibility for Hardwick as he must have known Farmer before.

Why would he have known him before?

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 03:35:52 PM »

Apparently Farmer was at Port when Dimma was there also.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 04:05:49 PM »

Don't think so. Hardwick went to Hawthorn in 2005 and Farmer was drafted in 2007
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2009, 04:35:38 PM »

Don't think so. Hardwick went to Hawthorn in 2005 and Farmer was drafted in 2007

Yeah, that's why I asked the question.  I thought Hardwick was long gone before Farmer arrived so wasn't sure if I had missed something.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2009, 11:54:53 PM »

I think Adam Thomson may have been a better comparison than Hislop. He played in 12 games and showed a bit. Thomson only started in two.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2009, 08:29:29 AM »
Thomson was the better recruit imo but got that nasty sternum injury
Lots of people name their swords......

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2009, 10:39:07 AM »
Thompson and Hislop are both rubbish players. Face facts people

Choco has an eye for talent and if he didn't see anything in Farmer i dont hold much hope for F.J picking a hidden gem
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2009, 11:11:45 AM »
Choco has an eye for talent and if he didn't see anything in Farmer i dont hold much hope for F.J picking a hidden gem

Fact is Farmer wanted to come home.

Port wanted him to stay and he wanted to come home, one reason being lack of opportunities at Port.

Mitch had some very interesting things to say at Club80 when he was asked about the biggest difference between the 2 Clubs... he suggested that Port isn't big on giving young blokes a go.. Choco likes to stick with his older established blokes when things go pear shaped
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2009, 07:30:48 PM »
Thompson and Hislop are both rubbish players. Face facts people

I have faced the facts Daniel- they are both poo! Both to slow and cannot kick.
Farmer is a little different at this stage, still have hope for him but will only have to see 1 or 2 games to be able to tell.

Also WP, on Choco not giving young blocks a game, if this kid was dominating in the twos he would pick himself. Port aint that good!
I truely hope he becomes a star, as i have said before, we are due for a change of luck!!!!!  :pray

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2009, 07:46:28 PM »
In Thomsons second game for us he was spearing some beautiful long kicks straight out of the guts down the forwards throats, he did it twice so it was no fluke.  I was surprised considering he was supposedly such a poo kick.  He is a hard at it player and wins hard ball, I wouldn't write him off just yet, he was on the wrong end of a nasty injury which kept him out all year. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2009, 08:43:16 PM »
Also WP, on Choco not giving young blocks a game, if this kid was dominating in the twos he would pick himself. Port aint that good!
I truely hope he becomes a star, as i have said before, we are due for a change of luck!!!!!  :pray

Only going by what the kid said. If you check out Con65's report from Club80 you'll see it's called the 100 game club.

Also in the 2nd half of the seaosn he did star in the SANFL but it made no difference. His first half of the year he had problems at his first SANFL club - the coach wouldn't play a number of AFL players
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2009, 12:41:25 PM »
he suggested that Port isn't big on giving young blokes a go.. Choco likes to stick with his older established blokes when things go pear shaped

Sounds like Wallace...  :whistle
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do