Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118462 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #345 on: August 22, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »
Would get rid of the yellow boots for starters :banghead
Talk about getting ahead of yourself :banghead

You wear what your sponsors gives you Jack  ;D

But seriously, I thought he was OK in patches but as I posted somewhere else I thought defensively he struggled, very slow to react when he doesn't have the ball therefore making it very easy for the opposition to run off. But he isn't the first kid to come through the system with that problem in their game and he wont be the last
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #346 on: August 22, 2010, 05:02:08 PM »
Nah, Jack is right. Change the color of his boots he will instantly become a better player. Every one knows that.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: August 22, 2010, 05:19:43 PM »
You nuffer Al ur kidding urself I want him gone now, 3 games is enough to be proving he is a gun

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #348 on: August 22, 2010, 05:22:48 PM »
what? without even giving him a game in different colored boots to see how he goes? don"t you know anything about football?  :banghead
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #349 on: August 22, 2010, 05:35:21 PM »
Stupid topic who cares what colour your boots are, no1 wears black anymore.

Everyone wears white boots. Yellow is fine, if it was pink or red or oranges I'd have an issue.

He has Yellow and Black boots... whats the difference if someone wears a yellow and black mouth guard?

Storm - Tea cup.
Go Tigers!

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #350 on: August 22, 2010, 07:13:38 PM »
Troy had a very very ordinary game against the saints, however it is only either his second or third game at this level plus he has had a very unsettling time since he has been with us for a young aboriginal boy. Good on Morten for lending a helping hand. If the boy settles and works hard then he's got a future.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #351 on: October 14, 2010, 05:38:26 PM »
Emma Quayle's view on Troy.....

Q. Also, has she [Emma Quayle] been following the progress of Troy Taylor? Did late season form justify her similarly high rating, and is he now aware of what he has to do to realise his potential?

I think he’s just starting to. Someone explained it to me the other day that he is starting to feel attached to the group and sense the responsibility he has to them. Troy has a long way to go and Richmond are probably also still figuring out the best way to work with him. But I think we all saw a bit of his raw talent this year. It’s such an important time in his life because footy starts to really work out for him, it could change the whole course of his life. That sounds a bit clichéd, but I can’t think of a better way to put it. He’s another one I really want to see make it.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19312383&postcount=1

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #352 on: October 14, 2010, 05:41:48 PM »
Very important that these indigenous kids (though i guess with relton, bling and alroy gone he and shane are our only two on the list) feel a part of the team and the club. Know that Bling was important for this so hope the club still has a good structure in place for this issue as there is no doubt that Troy has immense talent and if his head is in the right place he could be a real X factor for the team.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #353 on: October 14, 2010, 07:47:46 PM »
Let's hope Troy uses the chance he has been given by footy. A positive sign if Emma is correct about him feeling closer to the playing group and the team first creed. With the new facilities including the indigenous centre and more resources being pumped into recruiting and player development hopefully we are now drafting far more kids who'll make it at AFL level than don't and that all our cubs now have the development help those in the past didn't receive.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

TigerTimeII

« Reply #354 on: October 14, 2010, 07:57:43 PM »
Let's hope Troy uses the chance he has been given by footy. A positive sign if Emma is correct about him feeling closer to the playing group and the team first creed. With the new facilities including the indigenous centre and more resources being pumped into recruiting and player development hopefully we are now drafting far more kids who'll make it at AFL level than don't and that all our cubs now have the development help those in the past didn't receive.

we must thank mitch morton for this too, mitch took him under his wing mid season , iirc troy lives with mitch now and mitch has been a huge positive influence for troy

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #355 on: October 14, 2010, 10:38:51 PM »
I've got very high hopes for TT.

Reckon he's gonna be a jet, which is why i bought his badge.

Gives our forward line some much needed unpredictability.

great stuff from Morts to take him under his wing.  :thumbsup

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #356 on: October 14, 2010, 10:54:04 PM »
I'm going to buy a badge and put it on my beanie
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #357 on: October 14, 2010, 10:58:29 PM »
Showed some real promise in the St Kilda and Port Adelaide games in round 21 and 22. Lets hope that his performances there are a launching pad for an undisturbed pre season and start of a promising on field 2011 for him. :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #358 on: October 15, 2010, 05:25:22 AM »
Would love to see this guy step up next year, how good would that be... :thumbsup :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #359 on: October 15, 2010, 07:00:08 AM »
we must thank mitch morton for this too, mitch took him under his wing mid season , iirc troy lives with mitch now and mitch has been a huge positive influence for troy

Correct X  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)