Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118464 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #360 on: October 15, 2010, 09:27:35 AM »
we must thank mitch morton for this too, mitch took him under his wing mid season , iirc troy lives with mitch now and mitch has been a huge positive influence for troy

Correct X  :thumbsup
That was the feeling I got too. Getting the court case out of the way would have helped as well.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #361 on: October 15, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »
I've got very high hopes for TT.

Reckon he's gonna be a jet, which is why i bought his badge.

Gives our forward line some much needed unpredictability.

great stuff from Morts to take him under his wing.  :thumbsup

they live just up the road positive influence as well, what the kid needs is some guidence
MM right bloke for it. :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #362 on: October 17, 2010, 09:59:06 AM »
Has more (raw) ability than many on our list.
If he gets the 'tude right we may have a genuine X-Factor footballer, if not he joins the scrapheap of talented players that didn't want it.
Up to Troy what he wants to do..

the claw

« Reply #363 on: October 17, 2010, 04:52:48 PM »
Would love to see this guy step up next year, how good would that be... :thumbsup :thumbsup
i reckon if we get 5 to 10 games out of him it will be a bonus next yr. not expecting a lot hes got a lot of size to put on.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Taylor to miss pre-season start and may quit AFL [merged]
« Reply #364 on: November 03, 2010, 05:00:55 PM »
Taylor to miss pre-season start

Young Richmond forward Troy Taylor will be absent from the early stages of the Tigers’ pre-season training for personal reasons.

“The Club is aware that Troy has some personal issues he is dealing with at the moment. We have been in constant contact with Troy and his family while he works through those issues.” Richmond General Manager of Football Craig Cameron said.

“We are hopeful that Troy will return to the club in the near future, and we will continue to support him through this period.”

There will be no further comment from the Club at this time.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=104823

Hmmm.... All those with high hopes for Troy next year (me included), might have to lower their expectations a little.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 06:20:56 PM by one-eyed »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Taylor to miss pre-season start (richmondfc.com.au)
« Reply #365 on: November 03, 2010, 05:20:40 PM »
terrible news.  :(

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #366 on: November 03, 2010, 05:36:27 PM »
Incredibly frustrating news, has had a different upbringing and you just hope the world for the kid.

As a Caucasian Australian it's a hard pill to swallow that so many Indigenous players find it hard to deal with a culture change. Are the 2 cultures that different? What are we doing wrong? It's a culture issue I'd love resolved, not only for a football benefits but a wider community as well.
Go Tigers!

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: November 03, 2010, 05:56:39 PM »
pity, hope he comes good later in the year then.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Young Tiger Troy Taylor may quit AFL (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #368 on: November 03, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »
Young Tiger Troy Taylor may quit AFL

* Sam Edmund
    * November 03, 2010 5:58PM

TROUBLED Richmond forward Troy Taylor could walk out on the club, believed to be disillusioned by the demands of AFL life.

Taylor, who was to start pre-season training with teammates last week, has instead returned home to Alice Springs to be with family and friends as he ponders his future.

The Tigers remain hopeful they can convince the talented 19-year-old to stay at Punt Rd, but have been forced to give him space as they begin preparations for the 2011 season.

"The club is aware that Troy has some personal issues he is dealing with at the moment," Richmond football operations manager Craig Cameron said today.

"We have been in constant contact with Troy and his family while he works through those issues.

"We are hopeful that Troy will return to the club in the near future, and we will continue to support him through this period."

Taylor's walkout comes less than three months after he was spared a jail sentence over a serious assault last New Year's Eve.

Taylor was sentenced to two weeks in prison, but had it suspended for two years after pleading guilty to two counts of aggravated assault.

Magistrate David Bamber said he didn't want to be the person to cut short Taylor's talented career.

Richmond stood by the teenager, who initially impressed club officials with his attitude and training performances after moving to Melbourne.

"As a kid we all made mistakes and Troy admits that and is willing to accept the consequences of his actions," coach Damien Hardwick said earlier this year.

"He's a player we think we can have an enormous future with."

The Tigers' battle to retain Taylor comes after the club delisted Alroy Gilligan and Relton Roberts, with the latter also struggling to embrace the demands of life as an AFL player.

Carl Peterson was delisted by Hawthorn last month after frustrating the club with his unprofessional attitude.

Peterson excited in 17 games this year, but fell out of contact with the Hawks for several weeks and didn't attend the club's best-and-fairest count.

Taylor was taken with pick No.51 in last year's national draft, with Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale declaring the club was aware Taylor "had a number of issues" when it recruited him.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/young-tiger-troy-taylor-may-quit-afl/story-e6frf9jf-1225947430735

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
Re: Taylor to miss pre-season start and may quit AFL [merged]
« Reply #369 on: November 03, 2010, 06:45:14 PM »
 >:( Gees this would be dissapointing. I know the cultural change for young indiginous kids coming down to Melbourne from the territory must be significant but i do feel that Troy owes a good deal to the club after it has stood by him for the last year or so depite his family/legal issues. The magistrates "leniency" towards him was also partly due to his promising afl career so i feel he would be letting down the courts as well as he has been given a 2nd chance in a situation where many wouldnt by both the club and the courts and he could well be throwing it away. Don't want to sound to harsh on the kid but if issues like this continue with Richmond and other clubs it would not suprise me if many of the promising indiginous players are bypassed in the ND and picked up as rookies as clubs will not be prepared to take the risk that these players will go home after a year or 2.

Hopefully Troy can sort out this problem as i think he plenty of potential but there comes a point where the club has to be ruthless whether the player is indignous or not. This is a business and to treat player A differently to player B can create a dangerous environment. Richmond must always do what is best for Richmond!!   

tony_montana

« Reply #370 on: November 03, 2010, 06:50:29 PM »
Let him quit or pee him off. This is rubbish, hes just lazy and doesnt want to put in the work this industry demands nothing more nothing less. Sick and tired of the moaning and soul searching about what we can do to make him(& other indigenous players) more welcome. The answer is NOTHING,  we do everything we can but bottom line is, u can lead a horse to water but cant make it drink, ame deal with Troy and roberts - dont want it? well pee off so we can draft a kid who does!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #371 on: November 03, 2010, 06:50:44 PM »
What is the last date he can be delisted so that we can replace him with another pick in the draft?

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #372 on: November 03, 2010, 06:52:37 PM »
What a waste of picks.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #373 on: November 03, 2010, 07:19:07 PM »
i cannot beleive the club would pick up these guys.
there are kids out there ''busting there gut '' to play AFL and we waste 2 picks now it seems on players that are ""in the too hard basket "
from what I have seen at AFL level, it is way too hard for most of these players who come from different backrounds.
Have a look at Hawthorns delistings,

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: November 03, 2010, 07:30:28 PM »
i cannot beleive the club would pick up these guys.
there are kids out there ''busting there gut '' to play AFL and we waste 2 picks now it seems on players that are ""in the too hard basket "
from what I have seen at AFL level, it is way too hard for most of these players who come from different backrounds.
Have a look at Hawthorns delistings,

so he can go go back Alice springs and live of Center link rather than being apart of a massive AFL club that will win a premishpe making him alot of money ????

... by the way teh NRL has exactly the same problem ...i just dont get it  ??? hopfully we learn from Roberts, Taylor ect ect