Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118456 times)

TigerTimeII

Re: Taylor to miss pre-season start and may quit AFL [merged]
« Reply #390 on: November 03, 2010, 10:49:42 PM »
Yep spot on Jack.
Wait till you at least know how to play the game at the highest level before you start parading around in lime aqua or whatever coloured boots.

Good bye. Next

tossers  nfi

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #391 on: November 03, 2010, 10:55:40 PM »
Some threads you just know are going to be full of narrow minded, ill informed,  bigoted crap.

absolute rubbish. If you dont put in the hard yards doesnt matter what you look like you should be shown the door.

The facts are we recruited one hamburger eating bloke who never made anywhere near an ideal playing weight and now this bloke.

We helped save his career and possibly his life by assisting him with his legal issues up there and he decides its all to hard so he wants out.

Now if its something more serious then like family health issues etc then i take it all back cause families number 1 but i just feel he thought its all too hard for him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #392 on: November 03, 2010, 11:13:09 PM »
Common theme here
Ask the Hawks how Ryan Hooper and Carl Peterson are going, Oh thats right, there been delisted ::)
Year before , they couldnt ship Mark Williams out of the club quick enough.

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #393 on: November 03, 2010, 11:19:21 PM »
if any player wants to go, let him. that motto shouldn't apply just to Taylor, but to any player who isn't 100% committed to their football career or their club. in this case, if he struggles to adapt to life as a footballer, too bad. football is a harsh game sometimes, which is why only the most hard-working and most determined ever get anywhere. if he's not willing to put in the hard yards, why should he reap the rewards?
Push up!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #394 on: November 03, 2010, 11:22:04 PM »
if any player wants to go, let him. that motto shouldn't apply just to Taylor, but to any player who isn't 100% committed to their football career or their club. in this case, if he struggles to adapt to life as a footballer, too bad. football is a harsh game sometimes, which is why only the most hard-working and most determined ever get anywhere. if he's not willing to put in the hard yards, why should he reap the rewards?

correct!!! got nothing to do with colour or background as some here are suggesting.

you are either 100% committed or your not, pretty simple
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #395 on: November 03, 2010, 11:31:32 PM »
Let him quit or pee him off. This is rubbish, hes just lazy and doesnt want to put in the work this industry demands nothing more nothing less. Sick and tired of the moaning and soul searching about what we can do to make him(& other indigenous players) more welcome. The answer is NOTHING,  we do everything we can but bottom line is, u can lead a horse to water but cant make it drink, ame deal with Troy and roberts - dont want it? well pee off so we can draft a kid who does!
I agree TM. This peees me off, but why do we draft outback indigenous players NT or Alice 30 odd Deg heat, and expects them too  fit right at home in the biggest city in Australia cold and wet. We say that because we have given them the chance they should be grateful suck it up and get on with it. These guys are huge talents that we are mismanaging. We need to understand there culture and try to accommodate them a little otherwise do not bother trading them at all. There is so many others who would love the chance.
Having said that i hope he stays and displays his skills and talents for us all to see.

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #396 on: November 03, 2010, 11:34:53 PM »

correct!!! got nothing to do with colour or background as some here are suggesting.

you are either 100% committed or your not, pretty simple
that approach has done wonders for Man Utd coach Sir Alex Ferguson with players like David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo not being 100% focused on the team over there in probably the biggest domestic football league in the world with probably both the best players in the world at the time, so i don't see why the Tigers shouldn't use that approach with players like Taylor if they can't show that their #1 priority is the jumper they wear on the field. not saying that Taylor's ego is at all the problem, i wouldn't have a clue about his ego, but the simple concept of a player's attitude towards the club they represent is identical.

to me, no player is ever above the team, and if they're playing for any club, not just the Tigers, they shouldn't be there unless their ultimate goal is to win a premiership with that team.
Push up!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #397 on: November 03, 2010, 11:38:33 PM »
Mark Williams had a chronic injury; Essendon were just dumb to trade for him.

There's plenty of naturally talented footballers of all creeds and colours running around at lower levels across Australia who aren't playing AFL because they doesn't have the commitment, drive and self-discipline required to match-it at the elite level. If Troy doesn't come back he won't be the first and he won't be the last.

what a shame considering the talent this kid has, i wonder with the other two indiginoues players leaving in bling and gilligan that he felt very much alone...hope it can be worked through...the off season must be excruciating for these guys
Apparently Troy was fairly close to Relton so that probably does have something to do with it. Btw I can't see the Club leaving him alone back home if he's still wanted. You'd expect Dimma, Newy, Lids and perhaps one or two of his 2009 peers like Dusty to go keep in regular contact and remind him he has the chance of a lifetime to stick with those who stuck by him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigermad20011

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #398 on: November 04, 2010, 12:25:13 AM »
Gone walkabout.
How can people just walk away from the world at there feet.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #399 on: November 04, 2010, 02:02:19 AM »
Gone walkabout.
He may not have the passion and desire for it. Hopefully after some think time away he realises he does, he's wanted and returns.

Wasn't Troy staying at Morton's place or at least under his guidance? Mitch must be a lousy cook lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2010, 04:22:23 AM »
Yeah, this was a little disappointing to hear, never mind, he will do what is best for him ans so he should. We didn't invest too much in him so nothing lost other than potential and COULD have been, but hey he may come back.

I suppose if he leaves and then tries to go to another club next year we will get some compo..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

TigerTimeII

« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2010, 06:21:28 AM »
Gone walkabout.

you dont get it do u

and walkabout is a racist term, if u know anything about aboriginal culture and customs, u will know that they do not go walkabout, that was a term made up by white racists

he has gone hone for personal reasons, going home is not "walkabout"

u have to reason they have different values to anglo saxons  their family and their land mean so much to them, more than money fame assetts

we dont even know what has happened. for him to go back home it must be important

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2010, 06:33:18 AM »
Common theme here
Ask the Hawks how Ryan Hooper and Carl Peterson are going, Oh thats right, there been delisted ::)

and how are Cyril rioli, chance bateman and lance Franklin going?
Oh that's right they're aboriginal it's about to come to an end with them walking on the club because somehow your colour means you just can't handle the pressure of the afl. What is it, 10% of the comp are aboriginal?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

jackstar is back again

« Reply #403 on: November 04, 2010, 06:46:52 AM »
Common theme here

and how are Cyril rioli, chance bateman and lance Franklin going?
Oh that's right they're aboriginal it's about to come to an end with them walking on the club because somehow your colour means you just can't handle the pressure of the afl. What is it, 10% of the comp are aboriginal?

For those in the know, common knowledge all 3 have had issues, if it wasnt for Buddys girlfriend, Buddy would be on the scrapheap

jackstar is back again

« Reply #404 on: November 04, 2010, 06:47:48 AM »
Mark Williams had a chronic injury; Essendon were just dumb to trade for him.

There's plenty of naturally talented footballers of all creeds and colours running around at lower levels across Australia who aren't playing AFL because they doesn't have the commitment, drive and self-discipline required to match-it at the elite level. If Troy doesn't come back he won't be the first and he won't be the last.

what a shame considering the talent this kid has, i wonder with the other two indiginoues players leaving in bling and gilligan that he felt very much alone...hope it can be worked through...the off season must be excruciating for these guys
Apparently Troy was fairly close to Relton so that probably does have something to do with it. Btw I can't see the Club leaving him alone back home if he's still wanted. You'd expect Dimma, Newy, Lids and perhaps one or two of his 2009 peers like Dusty to go keep in regular contact and remind him he has the chance of a lifetime to stick with those who stuck by him.

mark Williams is a nutcase