Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118454 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Taylor to miss pre-season start and may quit AFL [merged]
« Reply #420 on: November 04, 2010, 12:54:06 PM »
Gone walkabout.
How can people just walk away from the world at there feet.

you dont get it do u

and walkabout is a racist term, if u know anything about aboriginal culture and customs, u will know that they do not go walkabout, that was a term made up by white racists

he has gone hone for personal reasons, going home is not "walkabout"

u have to reason they have different values to anglo saxons  their family and their land mean so much to them, more than money fame assetts

we dont even know what has happened. for him to go back home it must be important

They did go walk about actually.
usually between Nov to march each year.
Go to cairns and learn abit about culture X.
The highlands are full of them.
Also big issue in the aboriginal society at the presnt time is they have no leader.

dont give me that poo jackstar

u think u know it all but u know jack poo

i am married to an aboriginal, i know a fair effin lot about their culture and history

they do not go walk about its a racist remark made up by white ppl

they are not nomads, they have reasons why they may go places but it aint walk about

how many effin white pricks go off to places we dont say they go walk about hey

get ur facts straights , i know many greeks who have stuffed off, do we say they go walk about

i know many greeks in jail too, what do we say about that

facts are u have nfi

Go to Kuranda in North Queensland, I say no more
yet another waste of a pick for the RFC.... Alroy, Roberts and now Taylor.
3 complete wasted picks

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #421 on: November 04, 2010, 01:39:37 PM »
Pretty embarrassing to be the club with the Indigenous Institute yet not have a single aboriginal player on our list  :o

I hope he comes back. Has as much to do with his age and lifstyle before he became a professional athlete as it does with his culture. The writing was ont he wall with this fellow as soon as Roberts decided to head back home. Mitch said as much in an interview he had earlier in the year. We need to attach these players with respectablea nd supportive Aboriginal families in the community. They may not be of the same people or have family connections but these young boys are still very much reliant upon their support networks and do not have the confidence or life skills to deal with such a dramatic move all in one hit. Being linked to an aboriginal family may help give them a tie to the community and club.

My other quiery lies with the club. Were they giving the young kids the support he needed? I bet they gave Quinn special treatment moreson than Taylor. If you have 3 aboriginal players all leave a club in one year then perhaps we need to spend less time blaming the individual and spend more time correcting the cause.

I don't give a rats a$#% what culture a Tiger players originated from. I'm not going to be holding there hands or making lifelong friendships with them but what I do want is the best out of them onfield. If this means focusing on each players individual needs and prioritising what each players really needs to perform at their peak, wether it be on field or off field, the club needs to do it.

The aboriginal boys from remote communities can't be treated the same as the others because they need more help adjusting to general life in our city before they need help developing their game. If this means they will be overlooked in the future on draft day then so be it but unless clubs spend more time focusing on supporting players such as Taylor then any pick, money and time they use on them is a complete waste of time.

Give him space now but the clubs needs to evaluate if he is worth the effort in the long run if these issues can not be properly addressed.  :-\

Stripes

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #422 on: November 04, 2010, 02:40:42 PM »
My other quiery lies with the club. Were they giving the young kids the support he needed? I bet they gave Quinn special treatment moreson than Taylor.
Who's Quinn man ? That Essendon dude ?
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #423 on: November 04, 2010, 02:50:52 PM »
Pretty embarrassing to be the club with the Indigenous Institute yet not have a single aboriginal player on our list  :o

Edwards and Nason?

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #424 on: November 04, 2010, 03:19:55 PM »

Edwards and Nason?
Nason ???

TigerTimeII

« Reply #425 on: November 04, 2010, 05:26:04 PM »
Gone walkabout.
How can people just walk away from the world at there feet.

you dont get it do u

and walkabout is a racist term, if u know anything about aboriginal culture and customs, u will know that they do not go walkabout, that was a term made up by white racists

he has gone hone for personal reasons, going home is not "walkabout"

u have to reason they have different values to anglo saxons  their family and their land mean so much to them, more than money fame assetts

we dont even know what has happened. for him to go back home it must be important

They did go walk about actually.
usually between Nov to march each year.
Go to cairns and learn abit about culture X.
The highlands are full of them.
Also big issue in the aboriginal society at the presnt time is they have no leader.

dont give me that poo jackstar

u think u know it all but u know jack poo

i am married to an aboriginal, i know a fair effin lot about their culture and history

they do not go walk about its a racist remark made up by white ppl

they are not nomads, they have reasons why they may go places but it aint walk about

how many effin white pricks go off to places we dont say they go walk about hey

get ur facts straights , i know many greeks who have stuffed off, do we say they go walk about

i know many greeks in jail too, what do we say about that
facts are u have nfi

My best advice is - "DONT DROP THE SOAP"  ;D

never drop the soap lol

and ramps im not having a go at greeks, just making a point , could be italian , coation, whatever

just facts are walkabout does not exist in aboriginal culture

i suggest jackstar take a visit to IKE , indigenous koori education faculty at deaking uni here in geelong and do his research properly

lets see if he walks out alive with his racist bs

jackstar is back again

« Reply #426 on: November 04, 2010, 06:44:38 PM »
Look here D/head
Why dont you go to place like Kuranda in nth queensland and have an look
They actually do go missing for 3 months in the year in the tableland areas.  FACT!
but hey, what would you know, you live in sleepy hollow geelong ::)
Am not being racist at all, just stating facts
In a recent trip to Kuranda, i was appalled
hey X , I have met you remember, pull your head
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 01:41:00 PM by jackstar is back again »

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #427 on: November 04, 2010, 07:41:33 PM »
Look here
Why dont you go to place like Kuranda in nth queensland and have an look
They actually do go missing for 3 months in the year in the tableland areas.  FACT!
but hey, what would you know, you live in sleepy hollow geelong ::)
Am not being racist at all, just stating facts
In a recent trip to Kuranda, i was appalled
hey X , I have met you remember, pull your head
Sorry to weigh in to it....i believe i read or was taught that walkabout syndrome does exist! Its not racist but more an observation that indigenous people do have an urge to roam. It has nothing to with escaping responsibilty but some genetic thing that can be traced to when indigenous tribes were always on the move due to their hunter and gatherer lifestyle. Indigenous tribes never built huts and the like as a result hence why the English settled Australia under the terra nullias law.... or uninhabited land. Buildings were seen as eveidence of habitation!

Edit: fixed quote
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 09:47:23 PM by one-eyed »

jackstar is back again

« Reply #428 on: November 04, 2010, 07:58:53 PM »
Thanks Go Richo

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: November 04, 2010, 07:59:47 PM »
My other quiery lies with the club. Were they giving the young kids the support he needed? I bet they gave Quinn special treatment moreson than Taylor.
Who's Quinn man ? That Essendon dude ?

Sorry buddy. I had a mental blank when thinking of our Irish recruit and Quinn came to mind - I meant O'Rielly but of course you knew that didn't you Piperman  :P

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #430 on: November 04, 2010, 08:35:04 PM »

Edwards and Nason?

Are some of the relatives white or somthing? not fully native?

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #431 on: November 04, 2010, 08:54:25 PM »
Exactly you and Jackstar are right. White man keeps building these homes for them and they use them for firewood. They don't wont them the land is there home. But we assume we know better.
They do go walk about, because there home is so big, they are not restricted by a backyard four walls and a mortgage, and good on them. So we recruit them into mayhem being the biggest city in Australia, a lot wetter and colder and expect them too be role models within minutes. So i ask who has got it all wrong?
They are fantastic footballers Relton and Troy would be fantastic for our club, but our Aboriginal sporting facility aint going to fix this problem, it will help but we need to learn their culture and understand their way of life to keep them here. At the end of the day they just want to play footy.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #432 on: November 04, 2010, 08:59:41 PM »
Exactly you and Jackstar are right. White man keeps building these homes for them and they use them for firewood. They don't wont them the land is there home. But we assume we know better.
They do go walk about, because there home is so big, they are not restricted by a backyard four walls and a mortgage, and good on them. So we recruit them into mayhem being the biggest city in Australia, a lot wetter and colder and expect them too be role models within minutes. So i ask who has got it all wrong?
They are fantastic footballers Relton and Troy would be fantastic for our club, but our Aboriginal sporting facility aint going to fix this problem, it will help but we need to learn their culture and understand their way of life to keep them here. At the end of the day they just want to play footy.
David Gulpilil is the perfect non- football analogy to this, Wayne! He was built a home as payment for a movie or something similar and he sleeps rough outside it instead! Also, family bonds are much stronger for indigenous people and this is why the urge to go home is very strong! I get the feeling we recruited indigenous players in order to get the grant for our new facilities, cynical of me maybe i know!

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #433 on: November 04, 2010, 09:18:02 PM »
David Gulpilil is the perfect non- football analogy to this, Wayne! He was built a home as payment for a movie or something similar and he sleeps rough outside it instead! Also, family bonds are much stronger for indigenous people and this is why the urge to go home is very strong! I get the feeling we recruited indigenous players in order to get the grant for our new facilities, cynical of me maybe i know!
it makes you wonder but if they are going to recruit indigenous players for the sake of a grant for our facilities, then at least recruit  indigenous players that all ready live in cities that have chosen to live there. They might actually stick around and stop wasting draft picks.
If they recruit from the bush we need to do the work to help them stick around.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #434 on: November 04, 2010, 09:25:21 PM »
Wayne,totally agree with your posts :thumbsup