Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118444 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Taylor to miss pre-season start and may quit AFL [merged]
« Reply #450 on: November 05, 2010, 08:14:26 AM »
Look here
Why dont you go to place like Kuranda in nth queensland and have an look
They actually do go missing for 3 months in the year in the tableland areas.  FACT!
but hey, what would you know, you live in sleepy hollow geelong ::)
Am not being racist at all, just stating facts
In a recent trip to Kuranda, i was appalled
hey X , I have met you remember, pull your head
Sorry to weigh in to it....i believe i read or was taught that walkabout syndrome does exist! Its not racist but more an observation that indigenous people do have an urge to roam. It has nothing to with escaping responsibilty but some genetic thing that can be traced to when indigenous tribes were always on the move due to their hunter and gatherer lifestyle. Indigenous tribes never built huts and the like as a result hence why the English settled Australia under the terra nullias law.... or uninhabited land. Buildings were seen as eveidence of habitation!

Edit: fixed quote

written by white man

get ur facts straight

white man for yrs said the stolen generation never existed

they dont go walkabout , they may travel for a reason, dont we all

get ur facts straight
X, i believe i have got my facts straight! I have studied and i work with indigenous people! i empathise with indigenous people, are mates with quite a few and in no way criticise them. What i am saying is that it was of utter importance that indigenous people live a nomadic lifestyle so as to follow their food source! That is fact! This nomadic lifestyle is the reason why Europeans thought the country was devoid of human habitants and therfore invaded it! Sorry but it is fact!

Whilst i agree it is risky to draft indigenous kids, it is very important that we continue to do so! There are risks in drafting anyone. It seems that the heirarchy will remain sensitive to Troy's issues and good on them for that!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #451 on: November 05, 2010, 08:51:49 AM »
I totally understand why some of the indigenous boys want to go home

If you took me out of Melbourne put me int the bush and I couldn't see my family and friends for months on end.In addition, if money wasn't that important and the weather was the opposite to what I was used to; YES I would want to go home.

I would like to see us pay ( extra incentives) to have a house mother ( maybe a relative) and have the boys live together (if they want to) and give them extra life coaching support so they at least feel they belong.

Other sides like Melbourne and Essendon don't seem to have issues like us. Its either we are picking the wrong boys or I suspect we are just not doing enough to make sure they are comfortable.

We either decide to embrace the boys or cut them loose because we are just waiting our picks if we continue the way we currently are. I really hope Troy Taylor comes back but we need to work out why and how we can fix it. Possibly a visit by the right people would be a start.

PS: the Indigenous boys from the top end are very different from the Koori's people.

Great post  :clapping

Ox

« Reply #452 on: November 05, 2010, 09:50:15 AM »
Idgaf what race u are, this s h it is just not on.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #453 on: November 05, 2010, 01:48:46 PM »
Some of the comments in this thread absolutely disgusting. Troy is a human being FFS. Nobody here is privy to what is actually going in his life at this time so show a little compassion and give the kid a break.

the kid can get pricked. If he didn't want to play afl why put him self for the draft? L

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #454 on: November 05, 2010, 01:53:58 PM »
Some of the comments in this thread absolutely disgusting. Troy is a human being FFS. Nobody here is privy to what is actually going in his life at this time so show a little compassion and give the kid a break.

the kid can get pricked. If he didn't want to play afl why put him self for the draft? L

Never made a choice and then decided later that its not what you really wanted Bents?

tony_montana

« Reply #455 on: November 05, 2010, 04:53:20 PM »
Idgaf what race u are, this s h it is just not on.

thats the bottom line oxx, unacceptable - just pee him off, there are plenty of kids out there who will bust a nut for the opp

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #456 on: November 05, 2010, 05:12:08 PM »
yes but not with his talent and not with our picks cept our first one.  the bottom line is, it would be good to sort it out and talk him around.  Life is NOT black and white like you guys are making out, s hit happens and if you don't flex with the wind you will be snapped in half.  It's a business after all, and our business is winning.  TT has the potential to be a very good player and this may be just a hiccup, lets not write him off or jump on the myopic, racist, stereotyping bandwagon just yet hey?  We don't even know what has happened, just some third hand news reports.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #457 on: November 05, 2010, 05:36:02 PM »
Well said Owl!  :clapping :clapping

tony_montana

« Reply #458 on: November 05, 2010, 05:46:52 PM »
yes but not with his talent and not with our picks cept our first one.  the bottom line is, it would be good to sort it out and talk him around.  Life is NOT black and white like you guys are making out, s hit happens and if you don't flex with the wind you will be snapped in half.  It's a business after all, and our business is winning.  TT has the potential to be a very good player and this may be just a hiccup, lets not write him off or jump on the myopic, racist, stereotyping bandwagon just yet hey?  We don't even know what has happened, just some third hand news reports.

Oh please, lets give the race card flogging a rest....
I'm not basing my persective on racial or bigotted connotations . Its about a kid with a very questionable commitment and attitude. Has already been involved in a very serious incident not long after being in the slammer, now this. I've seen enough, there are plenty of other capable and hungry kids that deserve a go.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #459 on: November 05, 2010, 05:50:45 PM »

with the greatest respect thats a load of crap.

I repeat for you losers who cant understand english

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE, COLOUR OR BACKGROUND.

If the bloke doesn't have the desire to play at this level then why stop him let him go and be where he wants with his family or to deal with whatever issues he has

We are not a charity case where we have to chase players. You either want to or you dont and to quote the current premiership coach "if a player comes to me and says my heart is not in it anymore then i will NOT try to force his hand in any way shape or form"

You idiots are the only ones bringing this up as a racial thing. Facts are if it was Connors, Schulz, JON, Mcmahon or any other half eaten battler then the same rule applies.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #460 on: November 05, 2010, 06:08:20 PM »
Then why was his race brought up over and over again in this thread?  Don't make me stuffing quote coz it would be bloody tedious and demeaning for everyone.  I am not going to point the finger, there was a bunch of poo said so don't come the innocent at this late stage of the dance its not even funny, well maybe a little in its raw outrageousness...
As for plenty of 'hungry kids'  that might be true but my point is that they might not be as talented.  I also pointed out that we don't actually know what is going on and everyone is crucifying the poor bastard before the facts are on the table.  Lets see how it pans out, if he ditches us, then we can give him heaps.  If he comes back and turns into a star im gonna haunt you bastards.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #461 on: November 05, 2010, 06:18:58 PM »
Very frustrating to read

Dumb comments..

At the end of the day if this was Dustin Martin everyone would be saying give him a rest let him see his family and can't wait to him fresh..

If it were Hislop he'd be delisted

Taylor is in the middle, common sense persist with the raw kid and who knows we may win out.

Anyone that wants him cut is either an idiot or a racist. It's called talent management and RFC are one of the best in the comp with dealing with these sorts of things now days. The club will make the right decision persist and give him every chance.

Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #462 on: November 05, 2010, 06:20:09 PM »
Then why was his race brought up over and over again in this thread?  Don't make me effing quote coz it would be bloody tedious and demeaning for everyone.  I am not going to point the finger, there was a bunch of poo said so don't come the innocent at this late stage of the dance its not even funny, well maybe a little in its raw outrageousness...
As for plenty of 'hungry kids'  that might be true but my point is that they might not be as talented.  I also pointed out that we don't actually know what is going on and everyone is crucifying the poor bastard before the facts are on the table.  Lets see how it pans out, if he ditches us, then we can give him heaps.  If he comes back and turns into a star im gonna haunt you bastards.

go back on my posts and you will find i said if it was family reasons or something serious then thats a different ball game right there

However, lets not kid ourselves there are many more Relton, JON, Schulz and Taylor's out there that do what to play for our club so to Troy i say thanks for the memories enjoy yourself with whatever you choose to do.

Waste of selection and waste of time.

Next
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #463 on: November 05, 2010, 06:26:30 PM »
Very frustrating to read

Dumb comments..

At the end of the day if this was Dustin Martin everyone would be saying give him a rest let him see his family and can't wait to him fresh..

If it were Hislop he'd be delisted

Taylor is in the middle, common sense persist with the raw kid and who knows we may win out.

Anyone that wants him cut is either an idiot or a racist. It's called talent management and RFC are one of the best in the comp with dealing with these sorts of things now days. The club will make the right decision persist and give him every chance.

hahaha he is not dustin martin so why compare a lamb to a Tiger ? Racist? yeh if he was white very one wouldnt care thats it ayee :banghead

Treat him LIKE EVERY young footy player that struggels in making final teams thats all dosent matter wether your black or white

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #464 on: November 05, 2010, 06:27:55 PM »
Then why was his race brought up over and over again in this thread?  Don't make me effing quote coz it would be bloody tedious and demeaning for everyone.  I am not going to point the finger, there was a bunch of poo said so don't come the innocent at this late stage of the dance its not even funny, well maybe a little in its raw outrageousness...

Here you go Owl:

"Sick and tired of the moaning and soul searching about what we can do to make him(& other indigenous players) more welcome."
"from what I have seen at AFL level, it is way too hard for most of these players who come from different backrounds."
"so he can go go back Alice springs and live of Center link rather than being apart of a massive AFL club that will win a premishpe making him alot of money"
"They find it hard in a team enviroment"
"Common theme here"
"but why do we draft outback indigenous players NT or Alice 30 odd Deg heat, and expects them too  fit right at home in the biggest city in Australia"
"Gone walkabout."
"i don't think they would receive the same treatment as an aboriginal player"
"The aboriginal boys from remote communities can't be treated the same as the others"
"So we recruit them into mayhem being the biggest city in Australia, a lot wetter and colder and expect them too be role models within minutes. So i ask who has got it all wrong?"
"I get the feeling we recruited indigenous players in order to get the grant for our new facilities, cynical of me maybe i know!"
"then at least recruit  indigenous players that all ready live in cities that have chosen to live there."
"I totally understand why some of the indigenous boys want to go home"
"Whilst i agree it is risky to draft indigenous kids, it is very important that we continue to do so!"

Snippets from both sides of the argument.  Nah, this thread has nothing to do with race, colour or background.