Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118445 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Taylor to miss pre-season start and may quit AFL [merged]
« Reply #555 on: November 09, 2010, 10:28:13 AM »
It's fantastic to know that some people are still bothered by old JT.  ;)

Fair enough Owl. You are a crazy bastard :thumbsup

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #556 on: November 09, 2010, 10:29:59 AM »

What is the last date he can be delisted so that we can replace him with another pick in the draft?

Wednesday November 10, 2pm - List lodgement two.   (National Draft on Nov 18)

Wednesday November 24, 2pm - List lodgement three and TPP estimates. (PSD on Dec 7)

Is there any updates on whats happening before tomorrow about if his staying or quiting.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #557 on: November 09, 2010, 09:07:12 PM »
Hope he is stayin, hope someone hasn't shafted us, is he contracted for next year?
Lots of people name their swords......

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #558 on: November 09, 2010, 09:45:28 PM »
is he contracted for next year?

yep
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #559 on: November 10, 2010, 12:43:13 AM »
we have wasted 3 picks in recent times.
Alroy Gilligan, Relton Roberts and now Troy Taylor, move on shell we
hmm can add collard and peterson to that list.

i have to laugh every time a criticism is aimed at blacks its racist.

troy taylor comes from the out back geez and here i was thinking he came from darwin one of the bigger cities in the country.

the simple facts are we knew he was high risk not because of his skin colour but his background. we are talking about troy taylor here are we not. sheesh he lasted to pick 51 which by the way is a very valuable pick. he lacked discipline was running wild and clearly showed he did not have the mental attributes needed to pursue and make an afl career. when some of us said as much we were, yep you guessed it labeled racists immediately.
why did a top 20 pick on talent alone slip so far and god knows how much farther he would have  slipped if we had not taken him when we did. does anyone ever stop to ask these questions.

as for the racist component in this thread. its typical dont you dare ever speak your mind about blacks in this country,because you are labelled straight away. ya know what i couldnt give a stuff about what people call me. i call a spade a spade and if people dont like it and label me a racist well thanks im happy to be called one.
me i have a simple philosphy you treat each individual how you would like to be treated yourself i suppose that makes me racist.
as an observation, and keeping in mind aboriginals make up just 2% of the population. also keeping in mind over 10% of gdp is spent on them i think in general far to many aboriginals are on the dole and not even looking to work, drunks, or heavily represented in our court and jail systems.and this happens despite the enormous amount of resources we throw at such a small minority. but i suppose in making this observation im racist.
as for the stolen generation i have not heard once ever that perhaps a good percentage of removals was warranted. kids were living in squalor being abused  by drunken parents and half starved to death.this still happens in many remote places to this day and i an mot afraid to say many children in these circumstances shpould be removed from the horrible situation they find themselves in. it wont happen today far to many are gun shy and afraid of copping  the nasty white man just uprooted these kids for no reason.

i for one am sick and tired of the guilt trip it seems the dogooders have earmarked for us.  it seems the more we pander to the minorities the more they put their hands out for.
i have to ask at what stage are these people going to get of their lazy arses utilise what is being thrown at them, and what is being thrown at them is mind blowing and do something to help themselves. as far as im concerned i dont owe them a thing not an apology not anything. in fact on a personal level the way i have been treated by them i have every reason to dislike them. im sick of the waste and im sick of not being able to speak the truth or call it as i see it.
its about time the excuses stopped and our indigenous friends got themselves into the 21st century.
theres an old saying you cant help those who wont help themselves and i reckon far to many aboriginals fall into this category.

yep according to some fools im a racist and im proud of it at least i speak my mind.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #560 on: November 10, 2010, 01:04:31 AM »
ok .....

now enough of the generalisations and more about TT.

TT has the talent - does he have the application to build a career and also improve his delivery via foot, cos if he can grasp the opportunity there is huge upside for RFC.

Just hope that Dimma can inspire the belief and spark the mental hardness required to develop the latent talent.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #561 on: November 10, 2010, 06:30:47 AM »
why did a top 20 pick on talent alone slip so far and god knows how much farther he would have  slipped if we had not taken him when we did. does anyone ever stop to ask these questions.
Does that question also apply to another Tiger who was drafted in similar circumstances? ......hmmm alleged incident in his country home town before he was drafted and then well-documented issues with alcohol. We must have missed the full-on political post about his race when he was suspended by the Club :whistle.

Footballers arrive at Clubs from all different backgrounds (good/tough/city/bush) and these days mostly at 18 years of age with still a lot to learn about life. It's up to the Club to provide an environment and support structures for the players to get the best out of themselves and for each individual player to be committed, work hard and make the most of the opportunity to succeed.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 06:48:31 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #562 on: November 10, 2010, 09:38:35 AM »

troy taylor comes from the out back geez and here i was thinking he came from darwin one of the bigger cities in the country.

the simple facts are we knew he was high risk not because of his skin colour but his background. we are talking about troy taylor here are we not. sheesh he lasted to pick 51 which by the way is a very valuable pick. he lacked discipline was running wild and clearly showed he did not have the mental attributes needed to pursue and make an afl career. when some of us said as much we were, yep you guessed it labeled racists immediately.
why did a top 20 pick on talent alone slip so far and god knows how much farther he would have  slipped if we had not taken him when we did. does anyone ever stop to ask these questions.

as for the racist component in this thread. its typical dont you dare ever speak your mind about blacks in this country,because you are labelled straight away. ya know what i couldnt give a stuff about what people call me. i call a spade a spade and if people dont like it and label me a racist well thanks im happy to be called one.
me i have a simple philosphy you treat each individual how you would like to be treated yourself i suppose that makes me racist.
as an observation, and keeping in mind aboriginals make up just 2% of the population. also keeping in mind over 10% of gdp is spent on them i think in general far to many aboriginals are on the dole and not even looking to work, drunks, or heavily represented in our court and jail systems.and this happens despite the enormous amount of resources we throw at such a small minority. but i suppose in making this observation im racist.
as for the stolen generation i have not heard once ever that perhaps a good percentage of removals was warranted. kids were living in squalor being abused  by drunken parents and half starved to death.this still happens in many remote places to this day and i an mot afraid to say many children in these circumstances shpould be removed from the horrible situation they find themselves in. it wont happen today far to many are gun shy and afraid of copping  the nasty white man just uprooted these kids for no reason.

i for one am sick and tired of the guilt trip it seems the dogooders have earmarked for us.  it seems the more we pander to the minorities the more they put their hands out for.
i have to ask at what stage are these people going to get of their lazy behinds utilise what is being thrown at them, and what is being thrown at them is mind blowing and do something to help themselves. as far as im concerned i dont owe them a thing not an apology not anything. in fact on a personal level the way i have been treated by them i have every reason to dislike them. im sick of the waste and im sick of not being able to speak the truth or call it as i see it.
its about time the excuses stopped and our indigenous friends got themselves into the 21st century.
theres an old saying you cant help those who wont help themselves and i reckon far to many aboriginals fall into this category.

yep according to some fools im a racist and im proud of it at least i speak my mind.
Oh eff me Andrew Claw Bolt is here, he has been studying the world hard from his armchair on 'today tonight', be outraged in 30 mins flat lol.  If I meet you, and you slag off aboriginals, I will crack you so effin hard in the head, one of your eyes will pop out, my (half) brother and sister are aboriginal.  Each person makes their own mistakes and way in life.  Some people live in places and circumstances that put them at a disadvantage.  I lived in Darwin for years, I was posted there.  My PettyOfficer and his family were aboriginal, they were awesome, big clan, looked after all of us all the time like we were family, I will never forget that.  A lot of the other poor buggers up there live by the roadside or in pooty accommodation or camps, are not educated and are in impoverished conditions.  Darwin is not a big city, its like a bunch of suburbs.  It is cosmopolitan but not for most aboriginals, they aren't part of the main stream up there.  They live on the fringes and in palmerston.  All your generalisations are horsesh!t and your a halfwit.  Admit it, your a bitter, nasty little right wing prick, I bet your into eugenics you twisted eff lol  What race are you claw? Post prison stats for your race you wanker, lets have a comparison! Anglo Saxon? Celt? Italian? Greek? Lebanese? Chinese? Indian? African?  How would we all feel with these stats being hucked up alongside dole numbers being brandished as to why our particular heritage is inferior?  Anyone?  And furthermore, whats it got to do with football, all he has done is gone back to sort out something with family, he committed no crime or anything....Your a pee poor excuse for a human being Claw, whatever race you are, someone p!ssed in your gene pool because you havn't evolved from the reptile stage.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #563 on: November 10, 2010, 10:08:06 AM »

Each person makes their own mistakes and way in life.  Some people live in places and circumstances that put them at a disadvantage.  I lived in Darwin for years, I was posted there.  My PettyOfficer and his family were aboriginal, they were awesome, big clan, looked after all of us all the time like we were family, I will never forget that.  A lot of the other poor buggers up there live by the roadside or in pooty accommodation or camps, are not educated and are in impoverished conditions.  Darwin is not a big city, its like a bunch of suburbs.  It is cosmopolitan but not for most aboriginals, they aren't part of the main stream up there.  They live on the fringes and in palmerston.  All your generalisations are horsesh!t and your a halfwit.
What race are you claw? Post prison stats for your race you wanker, lets have a comparison! Anglo Saxon? Celt? Italian? Greek? Lebanese? Chinese? Indian? African?  How would we all feel with these stats being hucked up alongside dole numbers being brandished as to why our particular heritage is inferior?  Anyone?  And furthermore, whats it got to do with football, all he has done is gone back to sort out something with family, he committed no crime or anything....

:clapping

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #564 on: November 10, 2010, 10:13:47 AM »

why did a top 20 pick on talent alone slip so far and god knows how much farther he would have  slipped if we had not taken him when we did. does anyone ever stop to ask these questions.

as for the stolen generation i have not heard once ever that perhaps a good percentage of removals was warranted. kids were living in squalor being abused  by drunken parents and half starved to death.this still happens in many remote places to this day and i an mot afraid to say many children in these circumstances shpould be removed from the horrible situation they find themselves in. it wont happen today far to many are gun shy and afraid of copping  the nasty white man just uprooted these kids for no reason.

i for one am sick and tired of the guilt trip it seems the dogooders have earmarked for us.  it seems the more we pander to the minorities the more they put their hands out for.
i have to ask at what stage are these people going to get of their lazy behinds utilise what is being thrown at them, and what is being thrown at them is mind blowing and do something to help themselves. as far as im concerned i dont owe them a thing not an apology not anything. in fact on a personal level the way i have been treated by them i have every reason to dislike them. im sick of the waste and im sick of not being able to speak the truth or call it as i see it.

Claw, you would be surprised at how much aboriginal people are doing to rectify the problems bought onto them by the introduction of European people! This is an ill informed post, where i work i see so many people who allegedly have their hand out for a free ride and not many are aboriginal! In fact none are and i live in area with relatively high indigenous demographic! Europeans are the biggest scabs of all time when it comes to welfare rorts and tax evasion!

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #565 on: November 10, 2010, 10:21:50 AM »
i call a spade a spade
Oh the irony  ;D
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #566 on: November 10, 2010, 11:16:23 AM »
Oops I just accidentally stepped into a pile of dog poo.

Here was me thinking that this was a football board.

the claw

« Reply #567 on: November 10, 2010, 09:10:25 PM »

as for the stolen generation i have not heard once ever that perhaps a good percentage of removals was warranted. kids were living in squalor being abused  by drunken parents and half starved to death.this still happens in many remote places to this day and i an mot afraid to say many children in these circumstances shpould be removed from the horrible situation they find themselves in. it wont happen today far to many are gun shy and afraid of copping  the nasty white man just uprooted these kids for no reason.

i for one am sick and tired of the guilt trip it seems the dogooders have earmarked for us.  it seems the more we pander to the minorities the more they put their hands out for.

Oh eff me Andrew Claw Bolt is here, he has been studying the world hard from his armchair on 'today tonight', be outraged in 30 mins flat lol.  If I meet you, and you slag off aboriginals, I will crack you so effin hard in the head, one of your eyes will pop out, my (half) brother and sister are aboriginal.  Each person makes their own mistakes and way in life.  Some people live in places and circumstances that put them at a disadvantage.  I lived in Darwin for years, I was posted there.  My PettyOfficer and his family were aboriginal, they were awesome, big clan, looked after all of us all the time like we were family, I will never forget that.  A lot of the other poor buggers up there live by the roadside or in pooty accommodation or camps, are not educated and are in impoverished conditions.  Darwin is not a big city, its like a bunch of suburbs.  It is cosmopolitan but not for most aboriginals, they aren't part of the main stream up there.  They live on the fringes and in palmerston.  All your generalisations are horsesh!t and your a halfwit.  Admit it, your a bitter, nasty little right wing prick, I bet your into eugenics you twisted eff lol  What race are you claw? Post prison stats for your race you wanker, lets have a comparison! Anglo Saxon? Celt? Italian? Greek? Lebanese? Chinese? Indian? African?  How would we all feel with these stats being hucked up alongside dole numbers being brandished as to why our particular heritage is inferior?  Anyone?  And furthermore, whats it got to do with football, all he has done is gone back to sort out something with family, he committed no crime or anything....Your a pee poor excuse for a human being Claw, whatever race you are, someone p!ssed in your gene pool because you havn't evolved from the reptile stage.
ill ignore the emotional clap trap hole and answer one question. im indiginous australian  i was born here.i have a simple motto in life regardless of race  religion or gender treat all as you would like to be treated yourself.
ya know if experience in life counts for anything and shapes us my experiences since living on the mainland for the last 30 yrs with blacks has been nothing short of abysmal. when you are regularly robbed bashed looked down upon by a certain group one is not want to have a high opinion of that group as a whole dont you think. ive done nothing but speak the truth and will continue to call it as i see it and have experienced it.
im not racist but i will admit i probably have little tolerance for the plight of many who refuse to help themselves this goes for others as well. black brown white or brindle if your a drunk your a drunk if you are lazy you are lazy, if you have no respect for others you have no respect unfortunately far to many blacks are these things we live in the age of the aboriginal industry where self interest groups rule sadly far to many of those self interest groups are black themselves. the simple facts are aboriginals are disproportionately represented in the leagal system  the welfare system the prison system. ah why go on you dont want to hear or acknowledge all you want to do is blame it on the white man.
i will finish by saying nowhere in the world has so much been thrown at such a small minority in an attempt to help. if we keep going the way we are there will develop the menatality amongst the majority of them against us.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #568 on: November 10, 2010, 09:44:47 PM »
do we all agree on if he dosent want to be apart of the prep for next season (Hard work) than he will not play for us until he makes a serious effort ?

He shoudlnt be treated any diffrently if he is black or white ..can i get a Amen?

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #569 on: November 10, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »
Man, I stayed in Palmerston for a couple of weeks when up in Darwin - Yeah different kinda place but was pretty cool from memory.