Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118436 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #660 on: November 23, 2010, 08:21:24 AM »
Good to see people still judging even though we still don't know why.he left.::) I'm just glad he is back.

Good to see a bit of blind faith too :thumbsup

TigerTimeII

« Reply #661 on: November 23, 2010, 08:49:15 AM »

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #662 on: November 23, 2010, 11:34:55 AM »
Good to see people still judging even though we still don't know why.he left.::) I'm just glad he is back.

Yep rather have blind faith with the club and Troy with dealing with the issue than wanting to hang the kid for something you and I know nothing about.   :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #663 on: November 23, 2010, 12:02:44 PM »

Yep rather have blind faith with the club and Troy with dealing with the issue than wanting to hang the kid for something you and I know nothing about.   :thumbsup

No one wants to hang the kid, TA. They just want to see him bust his ar$e and show a bit of commitment to our club. It's not that much to ask. Most kids would kill to be in his position.

:thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #664 on: November 23, 2010, 07:19:24 PM »

Great post.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #665 on: November 25, 2010, 04:07:50 PM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/taylor-back-in-tiger-den/story-e6frf9jf-1225960959785

TROUBLED Tiger Troy Taylor is back in Melbourne training for next year's AFL season.
The 19-year-old forward missed the start of pre-season training earlier this month, returning to Alice Springs to ponder his future.

Richmond president Gary March said today Taylor, pick 51 in last year's draft, did not fly to Auckland with the rest of the team for a training camp yesterday, but his future at Richmond looked positive.

"Troy is back at the club and is training today," March said in a chat with fans on the Tigers website.

"He didn't make the trip to NZ due to some visa issues, but we are hopeful over the coming weeks he will be back to full fitness."

March answered concerns about the club's management of its indigenous players, with three - Richard Tambling, Relton Roberts and rookie Alroy Gilligan - leaving the Tigers at the end of last season, and Taylor in doubt, despite a new indigenous talent academy being built at Punt Rd.

"It's true the club parted company with four (sic) Indigenous players this year. Three (sic) of those were purely based on football ability and list management decisions," March said.

"In the case of Richard Tambling he sought a trade as he felt it would be best for his football and the club agreed.

"It's something we are addressing and indeed is an entire AFL issue as 22 Indigineous players were delisted in 2010."

In the wide-ranging chat, March said the Tigers had no plans to play games in Hobart, and an ambitious program to wipe the club's $4.5 million debt within 12 months would be launched in February.

He said axed Essendon coach Matthew Knights would be welcomed back at the club where he played 279 games if he chose to return.

"That's a football department decision, however as a past player he would be welcome in a player mentoring role."

March said the club was on track to achieve its ambitious goal of three top-eight finishes by 2014.

And asked if former Essendon midfielder Bachar Houli would become "a Tiger for sure" in the pre-season draft, March answered: "Yes."

He also confirmed the club would recruit former Demon Brad Miller as a mature-age rookie.

And the Tigers president jumped at an opportunity to take a dig at rival Carlton, which this week announced a $2.2 million profit.

"Interestingly, in their financial results they trumpetted a $2.2m profit when actually after stripping out government grants they made an operating loss of $125k. So it will be even sweeter when we smash them Round 1 (next year)."

Well that confirms a loss in Round 1 next year

Gary Marsh just STFU will you and let the players do the talking on the field
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: November 25, 2010, 04:22:26 PM »
Terrific news about Taylor.
The kid is an enormous talent so I really hope he puts his head down from here on in as I think he's an important part of the puzzle.

gerkin greg

« Reply #667 on: November 29, 2010, 11:27:19 AM »
Well that confirms a loss in Round 1 next year
Gary Marsh just STFU will you and let the players do the talking on the field

LMAO
Can you tell me the score? I'm over the cricket.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Troy Taylor 2011
« Reply #668 on: January 11, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »
Wanted to start a new thread for what hopefully is a fresh new beginning or branch for Troy.

Anyone got any updates to how he's going, training?

Only thing I've heard is that his family are coming down to Victoria to live with him.

He's back training at Punt Road right?

All the best to TT.
Go Tigers!

gerkin greg

Re: Troy Taylor 2011
« Reply #669 on: January 11, 2011, 01:30:08 PM »
He's grown to 192cm  :thumbsup

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #670 on: January 11, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
192cm and 83kg and with a massive leap he's possibly a key position type. Considering Melbourne's KP forwards apart from Watts were 192cm height eg. Bate and Dunn. Jurrah was only 188cm btw. If Taylor happens to grow another 1-2cm or even more look out. Imagine a 193-195cm Taylor running around 8)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:23:40 PM by MADTIGER2010 »

tony_montana

« Reply #671 on: January 11, 2011, 01:44:37 PM »
obvious he has a lot of talent but will mean stuff all unless he increases his work ethic and intensity

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #672 on: January 11, 2011, 01:55:24 PM »
192cm and 83kg and with a massive leap he's possibly a key position type. Consdering Melbourne's KP forwards apart from Watts were 192cm height eg. Bate and Dunn. Jurrah was only 188cm btw. If Taylor happens to grow another 1-2cm or even more look out. Imagine a 193-195cm Taylor running around 8)

I dont want to imagine it, i want to see it!  :gotigers

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #673 on: January 11, 2011, 02:22:53 PM »
obvious he has a lot of talent but will mean eff all unless he increases his work ethic and intensity

was tackling with ferocity yesterday

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #674 on: January 11, 2011, 02:25:29 PM »
192cm and 83kg and with a massive leap he's possibly a key position type. Consdering Melbourne's KP forwards apart from Watts were 192cm height eg. Bate and Dunn. Jurrah was only 188cm btw. If Taylor happens to grow another 1-2cm or even more look out. Imagine a 193-195cm Taylor running around 8)

I dont want to imagine it, i want to see it!  :gotigers

He's only recently turned 19, so there's a decent chance he'll get there  8)