Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118426 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Troy Taylor 2011
« Reply #690 on: January 14, 2011, 08:01:32 PM »
Has showed promise. Played well in Port game. Believe he can make it as a player just need to be patient
:thumbsup :thumbsup
Absolutely. Has enormous raw talent.

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Troy Taylor 2011
« Reply #691 on: January 18, 2011, 02:19:54 AM »
Has showed promise. Played well in Port game. Believe he can make it as a player just need to be patient
:thumbsup :thumbsup
Absolutely. Has enormous raw talent.

Exactly raw. Need to find a way to extract it for benefit of player club and supporters vocal in their support of him. Well worth keeping the faith at this point in time. Cashing in on our investment won't be too far away.
Kicked the goal that would have put us in front in that Port game last year until the maggots intervened. ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Troy Taylor made for round one (RFC)
« Reply #692 on: February 03, 2011, 02:07:34 PM »
Taylor made for round one
richmondfc.com.au
By Nat Edwards
1:54 PM Thu 03 Feb, 2011

RICHMOND forward Troy Taylor looks set to be available for round-one selection following his return to the club after missing several weeks of the pre-season.

Battling personal issues, the 19-year-old returned home to Alice Springs at the beginning of November last year, with the club unsure whether he would return.

After an absence of three weeks, Taylor returned to the club and since then has impressed coach Damien Hardwick and earned a spot in Friday night's clash with the Indigenous All-Stars.

"He had a couple of things he needed to sort out," Hardwick said on Thursday morning from Punt Road Oval.

"We're more than confident that he'll be right and put himself in a good place to hopefully make a game in round one.

"He's had a terrific pre-season and he's been very, very impressive in the games he's had with us thus far."

Despite falling behind the rest of the group in fitness, Hardwick was confident Taylor would be able to catch up in time for the start of the home and away season and was making positive steps towards adapting to the demands of AFL life.

"The one thing we like is that he's really settled at the moment," Hardwick said.

"It does take some players, indigenous or not, time to settle into a new environment, but he's in a really good spot at the moment and we're really happy with the way he's going."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/107279/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Inspired Troy Taylor to try again (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #693 on: February 04, 2011, 03:01:12 AM »
Inspired Troy Taylor to try again
Sam Edmund
Herald Sun
February 04, 2011

RICHMOND forward Troy Taylor says he has been energised in the lead-up to a make-or-break season by a week spent at his first AFL Indigenous Camp.

In his first interview as a Tiger, the teenager revealed he had been buoyed by the interaction with indigenous greats Adam Goodes and Michael O'Loughlin.

"It inspires me to see how far guys like 'Micky O' and Andrew McLeod have gone in their careers," Taylor said. "Anything is possible after you hear what they have to say."

Taylor, 19, arrived at Richmond through the 2009 draft, with the club aware he had a range of complex personal issues. The latest bubbled to the surface in October, when he failed to show for training.

"I knew what I needed to do to get back on track and that was really the only hiccup I had. It was just family issues," Taylor said.

Taylor, out of contract at the end of the year, said he was grateful to Richmond for giving him breathing space at a difficult time.

Tigers coach Damien Hardwick said yesterday Taylor had been "very, very impressive" in the past month and was in the mix for Round 1 against Carlton.

Taylor will tonight play for Richmond against the indigenous team.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/inspired-troy-taylor-to-try-again/story-e6frf9jf-1225999877854

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #694 on: February 04, 2011, 05:44:13 AM »
Just had a dream he was bog in tonites game. :pray 

10 FLAGS

« Reply #695 on: February 04, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »

that would be some effort since its been cancelled  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #696 on: February 04, 2011, 09:29:32 PM »

Or dead easy if he's the only one that runs out.   ;D

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #697 on: February 04, 2011, 09:42:28 PM »

Or dead easy if he's the only one that runs out.   ;D

Dang.

For the record, we went on to be 10 and 1 at round 11, then capitulated.  :help

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #698 on: February 04, 2011, 10:14:01 PM »

I had a dream about a car last night.
Woke up with a horn.
Boom Tish :woohoo
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #699 on: February 08, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »
2011 Richmond Player Countdown - 44 Troy Taylor

This kid a serious potential. We only saw a glimpse of Troy’s talent in 2010 but what we saw in his four games left fans asking for more. The mid-sized forward seemed to have very sticky hands for a player of his size and he definitely has the ability to kick a goal. The problem for Richmond will be harnessing this potential. Troy had a much publicised court case during the 2010 season and was a late starter to the 2011 pre-season training due to personal reasons back in the Northern Territory.

With the court case now a thing of the past and his close family now living in Melbourne it would be hoped that Troy can focus fully on his football in 2011. I foresee a bright future at Richmond Football Club for young Taylor and I’m hoping we will see plenty more of this kid playing in the yellow and black this year. As a forward there is no doubt he provides that X-Factor that the team so sorely needs. With a near full pre-season under his belt I can see no reason why Troy can’t play in nearly all of the Richmond games in 2011.

http://fightingfury.tumblr.com/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond's renegade teen Troy Taylor back on track after crisis (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #700 on: February 25, 2011, 03:49:03 AM »
Richmond's renegade teen Troy Taylor back on track after crisis
Sam Edmund
Herald Sun
February 25, 2011

RICHMOND teenager Troy Taylor quit footy during a tumultuous off-season, before his career was saved by a last-ditch visit from social workers.

Taylor was loaded into a car outside the West Australian town of Geraldton and driven five hours south to Perth.

The 19-year-old had missed the start of pre-season training at Punt Rd, with club officials fearing their gamble on the precocious talent had backfired.

Speaking for the first time about his troubled off-season, Taylor told the Herald Sun he had pulled the pin.

"Yeah, about a month before the start of pre-season I had a few ups and downs where I wasn't sure if I was going to come back here or not," Taylor said.

The young forward had gone to visit his estranged father in an indigenous community outside Geraldton about four months ago. Already homesick, he reached the point where he had given up on an AFL career.

He would not return calls from his family, friends, manager or exasperated Richmond officials, and refused to board flights booked for him as the situation became desperate.

Taylor's mum, Tania Dudgeon, said her son was caught in a negative environment.

"He had a fight with his father and just went really silly and did a lot of drinking," she said.

"There was a stage where I was ready to jump on the plane from Alice Springs and go down and pick him up myself, because he just wasn't listening to anybody."

So serious was the situation that officers from indigenous behavioural change program, Clontarf, were called upon to extricate Taylor.

Complicating matters was the personal issue that required urgent attention in Alice Springs and was the main reason behind his late start to training at Punt Rd.

While Taylor is still a huge challenge for Richmond, the AFL and his family, he could yet become the game's greatest success story.

Those who know him well say he's as confident and settled in Melbourne as he's ever been.

Close friend and confidant Tim Lawrence admitted he was unsure how Taylor's story would end, but said the outlook got brighter all the time.

"Each day we go through, each game he plays, each training session he gets through and each meeting he attends you just feel like he's taking another step away from that former life," Lawrence said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-renegade-teen-troy-taylor-back-on-track-after-crisis/story-e6frf9jf-1226011646415

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond's renegade teen Troy Taylor back on track after crisis (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #701 on: February 25, 2011, 04:21:51 AM »
Those who know him well say he's as confident and settled in Melbourne as he's ever been.

Close friend and confidant Tim Lawrence admitted he was unsure how Taylor's story would end, but said the outlook got brighter all the time.

"Each day we go through, each game he plays, each training session he gets through and each meeting he attends you just feel like he's taking another step away from that former life," Lawrence said.
Positive signs given the obvious low depths he was at prior to the preseason. Hopefully Football helps Troy find inner happiness as well give him the opportunity of a successful/positive life if he works hard at it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #702 on: February 25, 2011, 08:33:57 AM »
A number of these communities are truly dysfunctional and as his mum said negative environments for varied reasons. Not a great environment for someone already with issues to spending any great amount of time, if any all.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Good to be back: Taylor (RFC)
« Reply #703 on: February 26, 2011, 04:56:35 PM »
Troy interviewed after lasty night's game....

Video on the mainpage of the RFC website - http://richmondfc.com.au

* First game back in a while. Hurt his knee in round 4 and then did it properly in round 5 so missed most of last year. Played last two games.

* Traegar Park ground a bit different to Melbourne but got use to it after a couple of quarters.

* He spent 9 months in Alice Springs. Darwin home but has family and cousins in Alice. Had mum and brothers watching the game.

* Like having a crack at a mark.

* Aim this year is to play as many games as he can. Doesn't have any injuries at the moment. Likes play half forward/forward pocket.

* Been settled (at Richmond) for a while. Like home for him now. Morton and Dusty are his closest mates at the club.

* Really hard to move away from home. Struggled for the whole of the first year. Injury made it tougher as you're not playing or training with the boys. When you're fit it makes it easier. Takes time to eventually get use to it.

* Training with indigenous All-Stars was good. Got a lot out of it especially from the older boys like Goodesy.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/108453/default.aspx

Offline Bateman

• Jack Dyer medallist
Troy Taylor gone home [merged]
« Reply #704 on: March 31, 2011, 11:36:31 AM »
According to club. He's back in NT indefinetly.  :(