Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118272 times)

Offline Shiner

• Future Richmond star
Re: Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #870 on: May 18, 2011, 01:06:22 PM »
No worries

Ox

« Reply #871 on: May 18, 2011, 01:21:32 PM »
why ruin an accurate post with that statement at the end CUB?

Because its the ttttruth.

It's all ok when we praise the "blackfellas" (as they refer to themselves) for having special talents in the game - eg "gee those brothers are awesome" :lol

But if we make similar reference from the other side of the bridge,It's wrong -HTF Does that work ?

Suck an ars.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 01:56:24 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #872 on: May 18, 2011, 01:26:38 PM »
why ruin an accurate post with that statement at the end CUB?

Apart from how it's been worded (which I don't agree with BTW) isn't the statement at the end relevant in this discussion?

What I mean is this; is the fact that we are talking about an indegenious player here one of the reason the kid is being given so much time to make up his mind? If that makes sense  ???

Would the club be handling things different if he wasn't? 
I think the his untapped raw talent has more to do with it than the color of skin WP
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #873 on: May 18, 2011, 01:47:33 PM »
Davey,

can you claim a perfect life?
Have you always done what the teacher told you... your parents told you? Did you ace every school test?
Please everyone in your life?
Have you made the most of every opportunity given to you?
Me... I have stuffed up countless times. Made mistakes daily... let alone all my life.
We all have baggage mate.... all sorts of backgrounds.
Maybe the kid has had it tough?
Maybe he wants to succeed... but struggles with his past?
Nothing new to me,
Have failed many times in life,
Give the kid a go
We all deserve second and maybe third chances..... maybe many chances before we succeed,

I defended Troy on this forum and BF quite a bit shiner, but stuff me, how many times you give someone another chance?

If he wasnt on an AFL list he would most probably be in jail now.

Unlike most indigenous kids from up this way he actually has good role models in his life. His mum works in the education department, his uncle, ernie dingo keeps in contact and tries to point him right.

His mum moved from Darwin to Alice in an attempt to get him away from the bad influences that saw him spend time inside, in the first place and to be near family that hopefully would guide him.

When he first joined the club you could get a good insight from his facebook page. The thing that concerned me was the constant desire to get back up to Darwin. He got leave of absence last year and now he just goes awol. It all gets a bit hard so he leaves town and shoots back up here. Just to hang out with the same stuffwits that saw him end up in the clink?

He didn't even answer calls from his mum or the club. " He goes like this every now and then" or similar was what his mum said at the time.

He has the world at his feet and he simply peees on it.

To make the grade in AFL requires an enormous strength of character, something it is starting to seem Troy just hasnt got. He needs to show he wants it and he aint doing that at the moment. FFS, sooking the club wont give him a house.

Time to shut that page on this chapter and give someone else a go IMO, but perhaps the fact that the talent pool is shallow due to GWS may see him given yet another chance. If that happens then good luck to him and hopefully he takes the chance with both hands.

I'd be betting we dont see him again though and sometime in the near future he gets a mention in the old footballers thread about being locked up again.

I do hope I'm wrong on this one.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #874 on: May 18, 2011, 01:54:05 PM »
I think the his untapped raw talent has more to do with it than the color of skin WP

I actually agree with you al but clearly some people dont' see it that way.

I thought the point originally raised was valid and is an interesting view but unfortuantely the point may have got lost because of the the wording used to make the point is probably viewed by some as being imflammatory. And not wanting to speak for CUB but my personal view was that wasn't his intent

All I was trying to point out was is that it is clear people are viewing this as a indigenous issue as opposed to a footy only issue issue so to raise the question is reasonable as long as the discussion stays focussed on the question/topic.

I have no problems with the club staying in contact with him I think they should because as TFL said the club has nothing to lose and only something to gain

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #875 on: May 18, 2011, 02:01:36 PM »
Final reminder

There has been some very good discussion throughout this thread, let's stick to that and.........

Stick to the topic & keep the racial taunts & personal sniping off the board

WP & Mr OE

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #876 on: May 18, 2011, 02:10:34 PM »
I think we need to face it on this one.

Troy has gone, he won't be back and even if he does come back he won't make it, he doesn't have the drive or desire to make it at an AFL level.

Troy it appears is content to be back home, playing local footy being a home town hero and hanging out with his mates, as was the same case with Relton.

It dosn't matter what his past was like, his present is, or what the club does for him, unfortunately as is the case with many people of his nature...he just doesn't wan't to do it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Ox

« Reply #877 on: May 18, 2011, 02:43:54 PM »
This is how it works.

Someone peees you off with selfish,petulant behaviour and  someone/thing you love has invested emotion,time and money into them and they choose to return to a lifestyle clearly lesser than possible here is an annoyance.

Add to that the games track record with the race in question and you are gonna get comments that some will interpret as racist.

personally,racism to me is reality - It's everywhere.
If Burying your head in the sand and suppressing such emotions is how u want to live your life,good luck.

I prefer to indulge in the occasional forbidden banter as well as treat everyone as equals...we nearly everyone ;D

It's all a croc of poo
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:27:05 PM by one-eyed »

gerkin greg

« Reply #878 on: May 18, 2011, 02:48:57 PM »
Donuts :cheers

Tayls never fails

Saw a photo of him planking on his facebook

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #879 on: May 18, 2011, 03:19:08 PM »
This is how it works.

Someone peees you off with selfish,petulant behaviour and  someone/thing you love has invested emotion,time and money into them and they choose to return to a lifestyle clearly lesser than possible here is an annoyance.

Add to that the games track record with the race in question and you are gonna get comments that some will interpret as racist.

personally,racism to me is reality - It's everywhere.
If Burying your head in the sand and suppressing such emotions is how u want to live your life,good luck.

I prefer to indulge in the occasional forbidden banter as well as treat everyone as equals...we nearly everyone ;D

It's all a croc of poo

Fair call Ox - good post  :thumbsup

Fixed quote
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:27:43 PM by one-eyed »

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #880 on: May 18, 2011, 03:34:51 PM »
Ox

Was that Forbidden or

Forsaken????? LMAO  :shh :shh :whistle

Ox

« Reply #881 on: May 18, 2011, 04:07:01 PM »
Ox

Was that Forbidden or

Forsaken????? LMAO  :shh :shh :whistle

Yes TFL,Troy has returned to the Forsaken land! ;D

PS- Who did u used to be (Handle wise) ?

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #882 on: May 18, 2011, 04:37:31 PM »
Let's just say IF he comes back and ends up one of the AFL's elite, I would sleep easier at night knowing all we did was 'keep the door open' as opposed to trading away 2 first rounders and a player for him.  ;)

What exactly do we have to lose? We can't replace the kid mid year?  :whistle

Ox

« Reply #883 on: May 18, 2011, 05:03:14 PM »
he'll' never make it.

A special mix of Ego and stupidity will assure this outcome

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #884 on: May 18, 2011, 07:31:48 PM »
perhaps it would be a good gesture to have TT toss the coin, he owes us at least that much seeing he is one of two indig players on the list
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled