Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118256 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #900 on: May 19, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »
Get Cyril to toss the coin in honour of his unc

should be playing with us  :(

Ox

« Reply #901 on: May 19, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »
Anything to add,Mr T...?...cliche-wise of course

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #902 on: May 19, 2011, 05:06:01 PM »
Buying Troy a house.. does that allude to Indigenous Australians getting a free ride?
it only refers to Troy complaining that the club hadn't bought him one yet. It seemed it was one of the reasons he went back home.
That comment could very easily be taken out of context, we have no idea if he meant buy an actual house or if he needed assistance finding a house he could rent by himself. With his history it would have been difficult to get approval on a lease.

Well said Infamy
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #903 on: May 19, 2011, 05:12:21 PM »
I don't understand why its such a grey area, if you describe someone labeling them for their colour of their skin, its racism?

Whether you say I love that black guy or I hate that black guy, its irrelevant.

You can't say that turban head is my best friend in the world.

Common sense, don't understand the difficulty of some people grasping that.

Big men with keyboards, walk down Harlem street and shout out in a positive way "Come on black fellers lets party"

It'd be the last thing you do.
Go Tigers!

gerkin greg

« Reply #904 on: May 19, 2011, 05:25:52 PM »
what are you on about? it's definitely not racist to say Obama is the first Black President.

Online Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #905 on: May 19, 2011, 05:31:46 PM »
what are you on about? it's definitely not racist to say Obama is the first Black President.

Have to agree with you there, Gerk.  It's not racist, not even colourist, probably more like being shade-ist.  :thumbsup

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #906 on: May 19, 2011, 05:35:46 PM »

It can be argued it is.

There are boring text book after text book about English Language that makes this clearer.

There is a small acceptance that has evolved over time in languages that suggest non-social tongue accepts racism. For instance stating that Obama is the first Black President or Aborigines are black or Nelson Mandela is black or the man I saw robbing the bank had a black complexion. Its factually / non socio speaking and is ethically accepted.

Saying "I love that black guy in the white house" or "The black pres is doing a good job" is racist, even though its factual and positive it's racist.

It's hard to explain.

When you talk in the first person labeling someone for their race or religion its racist. There will be exceptions as there are with everything in the English language.

Not being a d!ck just clearing it up.
Go Tigers!

gerkin greg

« Reply #907 on: May 19, 2011, 06:02:18 PM »
i'm not sure what the english language has to do with anything
and calling someone a Catholic **** is not racist

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #908 on: May 19, 2011, 06:27:28 PM »
It's really very simple. 

If you call someone that's black, "a black #$##!" than it's racist because you use their colour to demean the person. If you use their race it's much the same. Eg lazy Moari prick etc. Again you demean the race. Now that person may very well be those things you want to call them but just don't bring colour or race into the picture.
Now if your praising someone it's completly different because we are celebrating the acheivements of someone especially if in a minority. That's why you can say first black president etc. Fact is it's not demeaning the colour.      
Now I'm not perfect but we have come along way in our society. What was acceptable years ago isn't acceptable now. If you think you are above it than why was buddy so upset when abused by a spectator? Do you think he would have been if it wasn't racial in it's delivery? I'm sure he gets alot of people berating him but that one hurt. Why because when you include colour or race you demean the colour and the race. 
Ask dippa why he will never say abo aver again.
It's not acceptable so don't do it.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #909 on: May 19, 2011, 06:53:44 PM »
From what i understand its this way..the AFL/Richmond is in the business of making money/winning permierships. Therefore players like Ben Cousins with a proven champion track record are given chances. Players with an unproven track record and essentially a risk to the bottom dollar and the chance at a premiership are given a token consideration and a small amount of leeway before they are given their marching orders. UNLESS they are of a minority group, and the Afl/Richmond have to be seen as doing the right thing. I am NOT a racist, just an average supporter, I understand that minority groups have to fight harder for things that others find easy, but I dont think its fair in elite sports that your minorities get an easier run than others. 100% effort should get 100% reward regardless of race colour or creed :gotigers

10 FLAGS

« Reply #910 on: May 19, 2011, 08:30:31 PM »
Who really gives a poo honestly  ;D

Ox

« Reply #911 on: May 19, 2011, 09:24:07 PM »

It can be argued it is.

After i read this,I STOPPED READING  :lol

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #912 on: May 19, 2011, 10:25:40 PM »
From what i understand its this way..the AFL/Richmond is in the business of making money/winning permierships. Therefore players like Ben Cousins with a proven champion track record are given chances. Players with an unproven track record and essentially a risk to the bottom dollar and the chance at a premiership are given a token consideration and a small amount of leeway before they are given their marching orders. UNLESS they are of a minority group, and the Afl/Richmond have to be seen as doing the right thing. I am NOT a racist, just an average supporter, I understand that minority groups have to fight harder for things that others find easy, but I dont think its fair in elite sports that your minorities get an easier run than others. 100% effort should get 100% reward regardless of race colour or creed :gotigers

Great post buti maintain that Dan Connors is white, lazy trash that gets gifted games yet he is not a part of a minority, Gus Graham the same.  :police:
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #913 on: May 19, 2011, 10:27:18 PM »

:clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The tyranny of distance of indigeneous football talent (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #914 on: May 20, 2011, 03:01:20 AM »
The tyranny of distance of indigeneous football talent

Sam Edmund
    May 20, 2011

ANYONE who saw Troy Taylor play would reel off his attributes with giddy enthusiasm - an athletic forward blessed with cat-like reflexes, good in the air and sharp on the ground.

His vision was advanced for his age and his skills, particularly by foot, were sublime. Perhaps most impressively in today's game, he had an appetite for chasing and tackling.

Taylor was recruited by Richmond in the 2009 AFL National Draft and played four senior games in his first season in 2010.

Then he was gone.

Taylor left the Tigers and flew to Darwin without warning on March 29. It was the second time in five months he had quit the club.

While he was persuaded back the first time, he now appears unwilling to resuscitate a career that promised so much.

Corey Taylor slowly shakes his head. Asked whether his brother will return to Punt Rd, he just says: "F----ed if I know."

It's an exasperation shared by all who know Troy Taylor. His mother and brothers have no idea what to do next in what is a train wreck they can't stop happening.

Indeed, Taylor spends more time talking about bottle shop opening hours than opening up AFL defences. Richmond continues to leave the door ajar but, in what is the last year of Taylor's contract, he will be another indigenous talent lost to the system.

His freakishly gifted former Richmond teammate, Relton Roberts, was sent home halfway through last year after suffering transitional issues in Melbourne without his partner and young son.

Roberts returned to Darwin but, caught in the grip of drinking and smoking, struggled to get a game for former club Wanderers FC.

Full article here:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/the-tyranny-of-distance/story-e6frepf6-1226059270400