Author Topic: Jeromey Webberley [merged]  (Read 18595 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jeromey Webberley [merged]
« on: November 26, 2009, 07:43:53 PM »
Welcome Jeromey  :)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Pick 67. Jeromey Webberley
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 07:59:19 PM »
JEROMEY WEBBERLEY

ORIGINAL CLUB   CLARENCE
DOB   12/07/1988
Height: 181cm
Weight: 78kg

Tassie player now on AFL's radar
By: Brett Stubbs   

CLARENCE flier Jeromey Webberley has not only set the TSL alight, but has apparently caught the attention from those across Bass Strait as well.

Webberley, who just turned 21, was best afield in the Roos' big win over Lauderdale, amassing 40 touches and 22 inside 50s off the half-back flank.

The three votes ensured he will be the inaugural winner of the RACT Player of the Year -- although North Launceston's Darren Crawford can share the award if he polls three votes against Devonport.

With the Gold Coast taking the cream of the best young talent from what is believed to be a shallow draft, there is plenty of talk Webberley could be headed to an AFL club next season.

``I've heard a few whispers around the club and in the general public,'' Webberley said of his draft chances yesterday.

``But I've just tried to put that out of my head and concentrate on what I'm doing for Clarence because our main goal this year is to win the premiership, we don't want to finish second.''

He puts his form this year down to confidence playing at senior level alongside the likes of Brett Geappen, Cameron Thurley, Josh Green, Jaymes Baker and Ben Setchell.

``It helps when your team is winning and you've got great players around you who feed you the ball and make your job a lot easier,'' the second year apprentice carpenter-joiner said.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-6694-0-0-0&sID=116107&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=9790066
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 08:46:40 PM by one-eyed »

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 08:01:38 PM »

Anybody know how big this guy is?

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 08:05:15 PM »
could be a fair find, the type of pick required this late
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »
2009 National Draft - Jeromey Webberley

Webberley is a 21-year-old who played for Tasmanian State Football League in 2009.

A rebounding defender, Webberley measures 181cm and 78kg, and is a hard-running player with a penetrating kick.

He is also known for his exceptional endurance.

Webberley was runner-up in the TSFL Best and Fairest Award in 2009.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2010/2009NationalDraft/TroyTaylor/tabid/15515/Default.aspx

Ramps

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 08:48:33 PM »
Im not trying to be smart but why are we taking 21 year old half back flankers from Tassie? Hasnt this player been available in previous drafts?  I really dont understand why we drafted the way we did after pick 19.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »

``It helps when your team is winning and you've got great players around you who feed you the ball and make your job a lot easier,'' the second year apprentice carpenter-joiner said.

Don't get used to it son.

Con65

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 08:50:30 PM »
why we drafted the way we did after pick 19.

Ramps...you have said that in a number of threads i have read...we get the point..

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 08:59:55 PM »
Im not trying to be smart but why are we taking 21 year old half back flankers from Tassie? Hasnt this player been available in previous drafts?  I really dont understand why we drafted the way we did after pick 19.

Just like Nahas?

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 09:00:47 PM »

err, ummm, coz I fink we rated his prospects at making the grade a little higher relative to the prospects avaialble...comprehendo ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Ramps

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 09:01:23 PM »

Just like Nahas?

We had a need to find a forward pocket. We have no need for half back flankers. Common smokey you know thats the case.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 09:07:11 PM »
Probably because he has the attributes that hardwick wants good skills and wins his own ball and is doing well at senior level. he may be a late bloomer which is why he hasnt been drafted before..
Once upon a time, before the draft and elite juniour football leauge, he is probably the sort of bloke that would have a number of VFL clubs knocking on his door asking him to come and try out.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2009, 09:14:47 PM »
RFC website finally got his details up
Webberley is a 21-year-old who played for Tasmanian State Football League in 2009.

A rebounding defender, Webberley measures 181cm and 78kg, and is a hard-running player with a penetrating kick.

He is also known for his exceptional endurance.

Webberley was runner-up in the TSFL Best and Fairest Award in 2009.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/jeromey%20webberley/tabid/15515/default.aspx

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2009, 09:18:47 PM »

Just like Nahas?

We had a need to find a forward pocket. We have no need for half back flankers. Common smokey you know thats the case.

And we have Gilligan as a 2nd year rookie who is showing good improvement and we drafted Nason at #71 who shows a lot of Nahas-like attributes and we have Nahas.  We have actually covered off on goal-sneaks pretty well.  Maybe Webberley was one of the 'hidden gems' that clubs went looking for in this year's draft, regardless of position?  Playing very well against men and we have a very good link to local Tassie knowledge now with our new Coburg coach.  Maybe this guy is worth a shot based on some 'inside' info?  At pick #67 we aren't risking the world and prior to the draft many pundits in the media (and on here) were spruiking the need to 're-screen the tailings' for those that might have slipped through the cracks.  Well, we appear to have done just that and yet you still aren't happy!  Who were you thinking we would get with these picks?