Author Topic: Jeromey Webberley [merged]  (Read 18695 times)

tony_montana

Re: Pick 67. Jeromey Webberley
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 09:21:05 PM »
Im not trying to be smart but why are we taking 21 year old half back flankers from Tassie? Hasnt this player been available in previous drafts?  I really dont understand why we drafted the way we did after pick 19.

Just like Nahas?

We had a need to find a forward pocket. We have no need for half back flankers.

haa ya think?  :lol

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 09:23:39 PM »
Im not trying to be smart but why are we taking 21 year old half back flankers from Tassie? Hasnt this player been available in previous drafts?  I really dont understand why we drafted the way we did after pick 19.

Just like Nahas?

We had a need to find a forward pocket. We have no need for half back flankers. Common smokey you know thats the case.

for gods sake lets see these guys play before we label them as duds.

At pick 70 I for one am glad we took a smokey instead of the 10th best player at the calder cannons

Ramps

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 09:27:13 PM »

Just like Nahas?

We had a need to find a forward pocket. We have no need for half back flankers. Common smokey you know thats the case.

for gods sake lets see these guys play before we label them as duds.

At pick 70 I for one am glad we took a smokey instead of the 10th best player at the calder cannons

I havent labelled anyone a dud. I hope all the boys succeed but from the outside it seems that there wasnt alot of planning after Ben Griffiths at 19. Hope Im wrong.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 09:35:27 PM »

....... but from the outside it seems that there wasnt alot of planning after Ben Griffiths at 19.

I see it sooooo differently Ramps.  I think we have done bloody well with the picks we had, the list we had and the types we chose that have a fair chance of success.

Ramps

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 09:36:55 PM »

....... but from the outside it seems that there wasnt alot of planning after Ben Griffiths at 19.

I see it sooooo differently Ramps.  I think we have done bloody well with the picks we had, the list we had and the types we chose that have a fair chance of success.

fair enough I respect everyones opinion.  :cheers

Con65

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 10:03:17 PM »
smokey...i am with you on this...i think the club did well thinking outside the square...

Ramps...if you go through the kids drafted...they all seem to have some good quality about them...the videos mainly show clean skills...you may see the thinking behind the selections that you are finding hard to see...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 10:09:46 PM »
smokey...i am with you on this...i think the club did well thinking outside the square...

Ramps...if you go through the kids drafted...they all seem to have some good quality about them...the videos mainly show clean skills...you may see the thinking behind the selections that you are finding hard to see...

that was the thing they kept harping on about on SEN as I was driving home

That Richmond appear to have focused on getting blokes who are good kicks

if that is the case then and they work out then we should be happy
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 10:27:49 PM »
This from BF:

have seen webberley play live about 10 times. he just runs all day off the half back line setting up plenty of scoring chains. is a really good kick off the footy on the right boot dosnt have much off a left though. can give it a real roost to, kicked the winning goal in the gf for clarence from 53m off 2 steps on the boundary. is silky in his movements to regulary baulking and working his way around and through tackles.

finished runner up in the state player of the year which wasnt surprising considering he had 30 disposals most weeks, even had 40 a few times (45 was his best). real think he will make it as an afl player off the half back flank. at 67 i see him as a steal. if he wasnt 21 i rekan he would of went top 30 over the moon to have this bloke at the club, probably my favourite selection of the night

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16354634&postcount=6

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 10:30:00 PM »
and from TFLUA-Tiger on BF:

Webberley - words that come to mind; quick, explosive, elusive, penetrating kick.

Watched him somewhere between 10-15 times this year (must have seen you at least once Foles) and predicted someone would take a punt on him in the ND when taking my Mock Draft selections.

His ability to add run and dash off the half back flank is amazing, and he's a link player who gives off the ball,runs hard, receives, gives it off and sprints to get it again.

Kicking is penetrating and he covers 50 metres quite easily, and I'd have him as a good kicker rather than an amazing one as far as accuracy goes.

In all the games I watched him played, I never saw him tackled with the ball - his ability to back-pedal, sidestep and get out of trouble is truly sensational.

Jeromey isn't of a big build, and I believe that helps him with his evasiveness, but he'll want to get bigger over the Pre-season to step straight into AFL. Has really good goal sense and could play off both the forward and back flanks but I'd put him as a back flanker.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16355017&postcount=12

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 11:03:01 PM »

that was the thing they kept harping on about on SEN as I was driving home

That Richmond appear to have focused on getting blokes who are good kicks

if that is the case then and they work out then we should be happy

oh well dimma has proven to be a quick learner then , Hawks always banged on about that as a theme for their recruiting
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 12:04:11 AM »
Welcome Jeromey, lets see you run next year all day mate!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

richmondrules

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 07:34:55 AM »
... from the outside it seems that there wasn't a lot of planning after Ben Griffiths at 19. Hope Im wrong.

I've been doing my best to take your comments with a grain of salt Ramps but this one got me. Honestly, how on earth would you know this?

Selections not following what you were expecting or hoping does not equal no planning.

Ramps

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2009, 08:06:48 AM »
... from the outside it seems that there wasn't a lot of planning after Ben Griffiths at 19. Hope Im wrong.

I've been doing my best to take your comments with a grain of salt Ramps but this one got me. Honestly, how on earth would you know this?

Selections not following what you were expecting or hoping does not equal no planning.

yep thats fair enough, I accept your point. do you reckon we took 1 or 2 players to early and that put our picks out of kilter. Its just an opinion thats all. Me for example, I would of hoped we take McMillan at 35 and Astbury at 44 as just 1 example. We took Astbury at 35 and missed out on McMillan then we we Dae who has only played limited amounts of footy. Its just an opinion thats all.

richmondrules

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2009, 11:34:07 AM »

yep thats fair enough, I accept your point. do you reckon we took 1 or 2 players to early and that put our picks out of kilter. Its just an opinion thats all. Me for example, I would of hoped we take McMillan at 35 and Astbury at 44 as just 1 example. We took Astbury at 35 and missed out on McMillan then we we Dae who has only played limited amounts of footy. Its just an opinion thats all.

Got no problem with opinions Ramps.  :thumbsup

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2009, 04:40:54 PM »

Just like Nahas?

Scientific fact athletic development is unqiue some blossom 19yo+..

I wonder how many people saw James Hird when he was drafted very late going.. Pfft why did we pick up this guy..

Everyone develops differently. This guy may not have even been good enough to nominate for the draft 2 years ago and has blossomed recently.

You have 2 extremes
Keplar Bardley, JON's that explode in U/18 level and look unreal and don't improve and you have your Webberley or Myles Sewell type that aren't great junior players that blossom to AFL standard.

Can't predict the future just have to give your club the best chance and I reckon we did that

Go Tigers!