Author Topic: Jeromey Webberley [merged]  (Read 20211 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
sheesh webberley nason roberts  you would hope they all show something early being sort of mature recruits. to be honest what ive seen id say run of the mill for all of them well two any way i dont think roberts will make it.

Well we had better shoot them all then, before the end of the year too so it's not messy come the draft.. ::)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
sheesh webberley nason roberts  you would hope they all show something early being sort of mature recruits.

A valid and often conveniently forgotten point claw.
How much room for improvement they have will come out in time.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Roberts deserves one more year on the rookie list.  He clearly has the skills.  I want to see him with a pre-season under his belt.

tony_montana

Is roberts still losing weight? I understand he needed to lose 10-12 kg's when he first got here, still looks quite pudgy for mine, hows his whole weight thing going? I'd be putting him on an incredibly strict diet & fitness regime and give him a time frame of 4-5 kgs by the mid season bye, that will then give him the 2nd half of the season to show us realistically where he's at and what he's capable of.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Roberts deserves one more year on the rookie list.  He clearly has the skills.  I want to see him with a pre-season under his belt.

I want to see him with as little under his belt as possible!!   ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
sheesh webberley nason roberts  you would hope they all show something early being sort of mature recruits.

A valid and often conveniently forgotten point claw.
How much room for improvement they have will come out in time.

Add another 10 current players to the Nason, Webberly and Roberts list then, the ones that have been non our list for years, not their first year. Webberly, Nason and Roberts have shown more in thier limited games than regular list cloggers that will not improve anymore in time.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Webberley earning his stripes (RFC)
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2010, 05:28:47 AM »
Webberley earning his stripes
richmondfc.com.au
By Mic Cullen 5:05 PM Wed 19 May, 2010

RICHMOND'S Jeromey Webberley is the latest in a long line of Tasmanian Tigers.

Royce Hart might be the most famous, but current CEO Brendon Gale is also a Taswegian, and several of the current team hail from the Apple Isle.

Webberley, who booted a crucial 50m goal for Clarence in the Tasmanian Football League final last year, has now played two matches for the Tigers after being taken at pick 67 in the 2009 NAB AFL Draft.

He says he loves playing for Richmond, but admits that he was given some pretty clear direction from coach Damien Hardwick about what he had to do to get a spot in the team when he arrived at the club.

"My defensive game was letting me down at the start of the year, but that's been a real focus of mine in the VFL and now I've transferred that to AFL," he told richmondfc.com.au. "Defensively my game wasn't up to scratch but I think it's starting to get there.

"That's been my focus for my first couple of games, just to get my defensive stuff right and go from there.

"You can always add your offence to that, because the club already knows you can play offensively, but it's the defence you have to get right first.

"Everyone can charge hard forward, but it's the better players who can run harder back, so that's a real indicator and key for us."

Richmond lost by less than a goal to Hawthorn on the weekend, pushing them right to the wire - unlike in round one in the NAB Cup, when the Hawks smashed the Tigers by 73 points.

The Hawks had several high-profile players returning to the side, along with the debut of Port Adelaide premiership player Shaun Burgoyne, who made his way to Waverley in the off-season.

Webberley said the team knew it was heading in the right direction, irrespective of the number in the 'W' column on the ladder and the result of individual games.

"The young boys were devastated, obviously, but it's a step in the right direction," he said.

"Everyone knows, from the players right up to the coaches, where we're at - very very disappointing, but at least it was a step in the right direction.

"Hopefully we can build on that from last week and hopefully come out with a win against Essendon."

After the initial disappointment, the 21-year-old said there were good signs from the game.

"It was super-encouraging, especially with Buddy (Franklin) and Sam Mitchell and the others coming back in ... To have them in and still push them right to the limit was a huge effort from the boys.

Webberley said time in the VFL was an indicator that everyone at the club, no matter what their standing in the game, would be given the opportunity to play when form dictated, but also that nobody was an automatic selection.

"I think it is earning your stripes - if you look at our team, there are probably some players out who have a lot more ability than some of the others, but because the others have earned their stripes and are doing all the right things, that comes first.

"It's about building a culture, and I think Dimma (Hardwick) has obviously gone about building a culture around the club, and having the right people around the club to make it successful.

"You've got to have the right characters around the club to build on, so that's been a huge focus."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/94625/default.aspx

TigerTimeII

Re: Webberley earning his stripes (RFC)
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2010, 10:51:17 AM »
richmondfc.com.au

He says he loves playing for Richmond, but admits that he was given some pretty clear direction from coach Damien Hardwick about what he had to do to get a spot in the team when he arrived at the club.

"That's been my focus for my first couple of games, just to get my defensive stuff right and go from there.

"Everyone can charge hard forward, but it's the better players who can run harder back, so that's a real indicator and key for us."

Webberley said time in the VFL was an indicator that everyone at the club, no matter what their standing in the game, would be given the opportunity to play when form dictated, but also that nobody was an automatic selection.

"I think it is earning your stripes - if you look at our team, there are probably some players out who have a lot more ability than some of the others, but because the others have earned their stripes and are doing all the right things, that comes first.

"It's about building a culture, and I think Dimma (Hardwick) has obviously gone about building a culture around the club, and having the right people around the club to make it successful.

"You've got to have the right characters around the club to build on, so that's been a huge focus."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/94625/default.aspx

DIMMA HAS DONE MORE IN IN A FEW MONTHS FOR US THAN F-FACE WALLACE DID FOR US IN 5 YRS

NO WONDER NO BODY BUT THE POOREST RATING RADIO STATION WILL EMPLOY THE BASTARD

EVREY WEEK THAT PASSES IS OTHER WEEK THAT WALLACE GETS A SLAP IN THE FACE

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Webberley earning his stripes (RFC)
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2010, 11:02:12 AM »
richmondfc.com.au

DIMMA HAS DONE MORE IN IN A FEW MONTHS FOR US THAN F-FACE WALLACE DID FOR US IN 5 YRS

GREAT POST.  :cheers :thumbsup :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jeromey Webberley [merged]
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2010, 04:56:04 PM »

Which station is that? SEN?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
A snippet from Hardwick about Webberley in his EOTT report:

"Jeromey Webberley returned to the line-up after a spell back at Coburg, and immediately had an impact.  Jeromey manages to accumulate possessions at will.  He had a purple patch during the second quarter, where he just kept racking them up.  The thing I like about him is that he gets the ball, and he delivers it efficiently to a teammate.  He’s one of the better kicks in our side.  Look, he’s still got some parts of his game that we’d like him to improve, but we always know that when he does get the ball, he’s going to hit a teammate further up the field.  He’s a player that isn’t flashy, but he does his job, and he does it really well."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/ARCHIVEPAGES/SecureSignonTest/GreenbergsGrabs/tabid/15918/Default.aspx

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2010, 03:06:06 PM »
A snippet from Hardwick about Webberley in his EOTT report:

"Jeromey Webberley returned to the line-up after a spell back at Coburg, and immediately had an impact.  Jeromey manages to accumulate possessions at will.  He had a purple patch during the second quarter, where he just kept racking them up.  The thing I like about him is that he gets the ball, and he delivers it efficiently to a teammate.  He’s one of the better kicks in our side.  Look, he’s still got some parts of his game that we’d like him to improve, but we always know that when he does get the ball, he’s going to hit a teammate further up the field.  He’s a player that isn’t flashy, but he does his job, and he does it really well."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/ARCHIVEPAGES/SecureSignonTest/GreenbergsGrabs/tabid/15918/Default.aspx

That's the way I see it. His decision making for a first year AFL player is terrific. How many kids like this are running around regional comps?

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2010, 05:42:48 PM »
Very much impressed :thumbsup :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Roaring Tiger's happy return (Mercury)
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2010, 05:59:30 AM »
Roaring Tiger's happy return   
James Bresnehan
The Mercury 
September 11, 2010

A LIMPING Jeromey Webberley had double reason to celebrate at Bellerive Oval yesterday.

The Richmond midfielder's recent hip surgery was a roaring success, and the Tasmanian Tiger was able to hand over a cheque to both of his former Hobart clubs.

Clarence took delivery of a $15,000 AFL transfer fee for its Richmond recruit and gave $3000 of it to Brighton to recognise where the Roos recruited him from.

Webberley met Clarence's elite development squad players and gave them an insight into AFL footy.

"It's pretty weird, isn't it [going from Brighton to Richmond], but it shows that if you work hard and do all right things you can get there," Webberley said.

After playing in Clarence's premiership team last year - in fact winning it with a goal in the dying stages - Webberley played 10 games and kicked two goals in his debut AFL season.

"It's been a blur from the end of last year - to win the grand final and then straight on the plane and over there," he said.

Webberley's aim was to play five senior games for the Tigers this season.

"I'm very happy I got 10 games, which was a pretty good effort, and hopefully next year I can build on it," he said.

"Hopefully we can keep progressing and keep building a better team and hopefully I can be one of the 22 that hopefully tastes that ultimate success at the end of the year."

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2010/09/11/172211_tasmania-news.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jeromey Webberley - 2011 expectations?
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2011, 01:50:11 PM »
Webbs played 10 games in his debut year. What are your expectations for him in 2011 and what would be a good year for him?

Career so far:

Games  Kicks  Hballs  Disp.   Marks  Tackles   G.B    1st poss.  Clear.  In50  Re50  1%ers 
2010       10      8.9    6.2     15.1     3.7       1.9     2.1         0.5       1.1     2.3    1.9     2.0

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=2019   
http://prostats.footywire.com/psw/web/player_profile?pid=2010067