Author Topic: Ben Nason delisted [updated]  (Read 28437 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ben Nason [merged]
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 09:58:16 PM »
3) Martin was the expected selection
19) Griffiths was probably the right call and no complaints
35) I would have taken either McMillan, Kennedy or Vardy
44) I would have taken someone like Ryan Harwood
51) I think Astbury would have been available and I picked him in my phantom draft
67) Maybe Taylor would have made it through maybe not
72) Would have given a chance to one of the kids not taken like Grimes.

Im not afraid to put this up and Im sure you will bring it back. As I said smokey, I respect everyones opinion, its just that I have a different viewpoint that is all. Everyone has a right to an opinion. I wish all our players the best of luck. I hope they all make it.

Yep, good call Ramps.  No problem at all with an opposite opinion if it is backed up with sensible debate.  That's a good list and all jokes aside it would make a very interesting exercise in 12 months time to revisit.   :thumbsup  And like you said......now that they are Tigers, good luck to them all!   :gotigers

Ramps

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2009, 09:59:14 PM »
51) I think Astbury would have been available and I picked him in my phantom draft

Im not afraid to put this up and Im sure you will bring it back. As I said smokey, I respect everyones opinion, its just that I have a different viewpoint that is all. Everyone has a right to an opinion. I wish all our players the best of luck. I hope they all make it.

Yep, good call Ramps.  No problem at all with an opposite opinion if it is backed up with sensible debate.  That's a good list and all jokes aside it would make a very interesting exercise in 12 months time to revisit.   :thumbsup  And like you said......now that they are Tigers, good luck to them all!   :gotigers

bookmark it and we discuss again in 12 months i reckon.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2009, 10:03:07 PM »
thanks AL, that footage is actually impressive. His kcking is a feature, really drills it, inside work with the handball seems sharp.

looks to be a busy mid inside and outside player, nice left foot kick...Looks like Nathan Brown when he was drafted, locks and all :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 10:14:39 PM »

bookmark it and we discuss again in 12 months i reckon.
Perhaps some of the others bagging the draft selections could also back up their opinions with alternate picks  as well :thumbsup
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2009, 12:41:02 AM »
Welcome Ben, looks the goods for mine, love his burst out speed, tackling, very very very accurate foot passes, for those of you that have been around a bit does Johnny Platten ring a bell and not just because of the hair. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2009, 05:46:28 AM »
Nason ‘felt sick all day’ but is now a Tiger
26 Nov 09 @ 08:27pm by Reece Homfray

RICHMOND was the only club that bothered to speak with Central District livewire Ben Nason.

And the Tigers delivered by drafting him at Pick No.71 in tonight’s AFL Draft.

``It’s awesome, I don’t know what to think,’’ Nason said.

``I was watching it at a mate’s house in Paralowie because we don’t have Foxtel at home.’’

The 20-year-old, who played finals football with the Bulldogs this year, said he spoke with Richmond on Sunday, then the club phoned him this morning but they weren’t giving anything away.

``They rang me this morning and said all the best for tonight,’’ Nason said.

``I was at work and I felt sick all day.

``Then tonight I thought it was all over because it was really late, then I heard my name and couldn’t believe it.’’

Nason said he was ``heaps lucky’’ to be drafted at 20 years of age and he had Bulldogs coach Roy Laird to thank for it.

``I thank Roy for everything just giving me the opportunity.

``But this is only a foot in the door, now I`ve got to prove my point.’’

http://leader-messenger.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/nason-felt-sick-all-day-but-is-now-a-tiger/

Offline Harro80

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2009, 10:11:18 AM »
Just want to say, i had a look at the vidio of this kid and i see glimpses of Gary Ablett Jr. Can anynoe else see this? :o

richmondrules

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2009, 11:38:21 AM »
Geez Harro, that's a long bow and a huge expectation to put on the kid.

From the photo above I can see glimpses of freak. Can anyone else see this?  :lol  ;)

Don't care what he looks like just hope he can play.

Offline Harro80

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2009, 11:47:17 AM »

From the photo above I can see glimpses of freak. Can anyone else see this?  :lol  ;)

Just looks like a bad pic  :wallywink

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 11:50:57 AM »

Can anyone else see this?

I can't see anything - Telstra Bigpond doesn't play too well with Linux and Firefox.  But, thank goodness for VM's!

He seems to be very clean by hand or foot and has no problems on his left.  Looks like he loves a tackle too.  Appears there is something to work with.

richmondrules

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2009, 11:52:08 AM »

Just looks like a bad pic  :wallywink

I think you're probably right, though with his hair I would say he takes a fair few "bad pics". Needs to go to TV's hairdresser.

:thumbsup

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2009, 12:07:33 PM »
Just want to say, i had a look at the vidio of this kid and i see glimpses of Gary Ablett Jr. Can anynoe else see this? :o

where is the link?

:)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2009, 12:34:57 PM »

where is the link?

:)

Top of page 2 of this thread.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2009, 03:39:39 PM »

Can anyone else see this?

I can't see anything - Telstra Bigpond doesn't play too well with Linux and Firefox.  But, thank goodness for VM's!

He seems to be very clean by hand or foot and has no problems on his left.  Looks like he loves a tackle too.  Appears there is something to work with.
I cant even get the bigpond video to play, yet some of the other draft profile video links do play for me. I run virtual box so i can boot up vista and watch big pond video if i really want to. bit of a pain but it is a work around.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Tigermonk

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2009, 03:47:23 PM »
well watched the footage & have to say l'm very impressed with it AL
Can see why he was drafted,  by his workrate to follow up the ball, how his reads the game always producing a second option to keep the ball flowing. & his aggressive approach. Lightening pace
thats natrual talent, you cannot teach that.  His skills & kicking are very good both sides.
Concern will be his weight. Could be another John Platten in the future. Will be interesting to see if he progresses.