Author Topic: Ben Nason delisted [updated]  (Read 28858 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Ben Nason [merged]
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2009, 03:48:51 PM »

Can anyone else see this?

I can't see anything - Telstra Bigpond doesn't play too well with Linux and Firefox.  But, thank goodness for VM's!

He seems to be very clean by hand or foot and has no problems on his left.  Looks like he loves a tackle too.  Appears there is something to work with.
I cant even get the bigpond video to play, yet some of the other draft profile video links do play for me. I run virtual box so i can boot up vista and watch big pond video if i really want to. bit of a pain but it is a work around.

l have no issue & l'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2009, 03:58:17 PM »

I can't see anything - Telstra Bigpond doesn't play too well with Linux and Firefox.  But, thank goodness for VM's!

He seems to be very clean by hand or foot and has no problems on his left.  Looks like he loves a tackle too.  Appears there is something to work with.

Smokey I watch Bogpond video through firefox without a problem. Not Linux though.

Besides the crazy hair, I actually think he plays a bit like Matt Priddis but with more leg speed. If he performs well he could become the clubs next cult figure. I don't think we've had one of those since Justin Plapp! or Maybe Marty McGrath  :lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2009, 04:16:24 PM »

Sorry TM, slightly OT but I wouldn't wish Vista on my worst enemy.  I hate it as an operating system - it is a real pig.  And with Telstra so far up Microsoft's clacker there is little hope they will consider the small percentage of the population that choose not to be suckered into an overpriced, bloated, incestuous operating system.  /rant>

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2009, 04:20:37 PM »

Smokey I watch Bogpond video through firefox without a problem. Not Linux though.

Yeah, it's a Bigpond thing tiga.  Every now and then one of their videos will work for me but generally they just sit there trying to load unsuccessfully.  Doesn't happen on any other sites so if I really need to watch something on Bigpond I use an XP image on VirtualBox.  Pee's me off having to do it but I have no choice - bloody Microsoft, bloody Telstra, bloody AFL.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2009, 04:55:51 PM »

Yeah, it's a Bigpond thing tiga.  Every now and then one of their videos will work for me but generally they just sit there trying to load unsuccessfully.  Doesn't happen on any other sites so if I really need to watch something on Bigpond I use an XP image on VirtualBox.  Pee's me off having to do it but I have no choice - bloody Microsoft, bloody Telstra, bloody AFL.
What distro do you use smokey? I use a debian based distro (sidux) and have tried installing moonlight but all I get on bigpond video is a meassage to install silverlight. I refuse to try installing micro$oft's linux version of silverlight on my system
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2009, 05:07:29 PM »

What distro do you use smokey? I use a debian based distro (sidux) and have tried installing moonlight but all I get on bigpond video is a meassage to install silverlight. I refuse to try installing micro$oft's linux version of silverlight on my system

Latest Ubuntu (Karmic Koala - 64 bit) Al.  Still debian based but more 'main stream' I suppose.  Runs like a dream on my laptop and home pc (32 bit) but it has those issues with Bigpond so I find it easier just to have XP on a VM - goes against the grain but I need that for the software I am employed to work on anyway.

Sorry to hijack the thread guys.

Tigermonk

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2009, 10:37:42 PM »

Sorry TM, slightly OT but I wouldn't wish Vista on my worst enemy.  I hate it as an operating system - it is a real pig.  And with Telstra so far up Microsoft's clacker there is little hope they will consider the small percentage of the population that choose not to be suckered into an overpriced, bloated, incestuous operating system.  /rant>

Vista is great  ;D  :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2009, 11:22:12 AM »
Welcome Ben, looks the goods for mine, love his burst out speed, tackling, very very very accurate foot passes, for those of you that have been around a bit does Johnny Platten ring a bell and not just because of the hair. :thumbsup

For the most part he didnt seem overly quick but at about 1.40 into his highlights package he puts on a burst that seems impressive but its not fully tested because his opponents are not really interested in the chase. We have to wait and see. Kicking seems a feature but again 73kgs? If he gets to say 80kgs, does he retain his speed?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2009, 11:37:17 AM »
Welcome Ben, looks the goods for mine, love his burst out speed, tackling, very very very accurate foot passes, for those of you that have been around a bit does Johnny Platten ring a bell and not just because of the hair. :thumbsup

For the most part he didnt seem overly quick but at about 1.40 into his highlights package he puts on a burst that seems impressive but its not fully tested because his opponents are not really interested in the chase. We have to wait and see. Kicking seems a feature but again 73kgs? If he gets to say 80kgs, does he retain his speed?

I don't think he needs to get to 80kgs Ramps.  He is the type of player who will be defensive by his energy levels and elusive by his size/speed.  Whether any of it is up to AFL standard is yet to be written to history but he doesn't really need the bulk, just the ability and intent.

Tigermonk

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2009, 11:44:43 AM »

I don't think he needs to get to 80kgs Ramps.  He is the type of player who will be defensive by his energy levels and elusive by his size/speed.  Whether any of it is up to AFL standard is yet to be written to history but he doesn't really need the bulk, just the ability and intent.

Until he takes a hit that shakes his world  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2009, 11:46:31 AM »

You won't be able to catch him TM!!   ;D

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2009, 02:27:53 PM »

Sh|t monk, that could be said about anyone, no matter what size. There's an old saying It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but size of the size of fight in the dog. I've seen big bloke get pushed around by smaller blokes simply through the way the different individuals go about it. Look at jhonny platten and even Liberatore (who i dont rate as a footballer but you could never question his endevour), blokes who were small but made up for it with other attributes.
I saw one of the Krakeaurs get bumped out the contest one day, only to bounce back up like a rubber man and straight back into it.
It's what inside that counts and some of the blokes at richmond get bumped/brushed aside moreso because of their mindset. Just watch the way they go about it and compare that to Nahas.

I'll go out on a limb and say that if this bloke doesnt make the grade, it will be because he is not good enough, not because of his body size. From the short clip he looks to have lots of endeavor and has very good hands in traffic. You don't develop that skill unless you spend a lot of time with the ball in that situation. Hardly what you'd expect from someone who constantly gets knocked out of the contest.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2009, 06:51:43 PM »

Besides the crazy hair, I actually think he plays a bit like Matt Priddis but with more leg speed. If he performs well he could become the clubs next cult figure. I don't think we've had one of those since Justin Plapp! or Maybe Marty McGrath  :lol

terrible comparrison, Priddis knocks up dozens of meaningless non constructive possies, rarely carrying the ball more than 2 yeards...in 30 sec Im suggesating this kid has a few more tricks than that
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Ramps

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2009, 09:58:12 PM »
What is certain is that he will become a cult figure just with his hairstyle alone. Good luck to the kid, lets hope he has a fantastic future at Punt Rd.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2009, 08:52:42 AM »
Nason was also mentioned by Inside Football pre-draft....

"Ben is an onballer/forward with good skills and footy awareness and has really come on this year. He was actually with the Port Magpies until last year and came across to us and has developed sensationally to the point where a couple of clubs have really taken notice." - Central District development manager Scott Stevens.