Author Topic: Tom Scully to Richmond in 3-4 years [merged]  (Read 38223 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Tom Scully to Richmond in 3-4 years.
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2011, 12:34:46 PM »
Seems odd you'd be happy to pay overs for a trengrove (port) and not scully. I doubt the south Australians would let him go cheap.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2011, 12:52:53 PM »
I'm not sold on our need for chasing Trengove just yet, but the difference is a key position player is always harder to find than a midfielder
Look at how many gun midfielders come out of each draft then compare that to kpps

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2011, 02:46:52 PM »
With Foley fit we have less need for Scully.

Keep using the draft. It's working well for us.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2011, 12:03:34 AM »
It's not about not needing scully so much if foley stays fit as adding to a promising mid group to make it better.

In regards to not having ruck / kpp holes is it just a lack of experience due to age. Or is our list in major repair?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2011, 01:29:10 AM »

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2011, 11:54:09 AM »
On SEN this evening, Lloyd was discussing that GWS have four 17 y/o players they must auction off to the highest bidder. Im not sure of the intricacies but on what i heard is that these 4 players are good enough to be top 20. Why they must auction these players I don't know. Maybe someone on this forum might know what he was talking about.  

These are really important picks. Richmond must chase at least 1 of these picks WITHOUT betting or trading the farm. Some very high quality players available.
Flags can you please explain to me how this trading that Lloyd was talking about works? It sounded important but I only caught the end of he discussion.

The 4 17 year olds will never play for the GWS, so GWS pick them to stimulate trading with other clubs.    Adelaide have already suggested to GWS to draft Jack Viney, and they will trade with GWS to get him.  (either adelaides picks or most probably an experienced player)

7. Incentive to Other Clubs Trading with Team GWS in the 2011 and 2012 post-season:
Team GWS to be given access to four 17-year-olds born in the January to April 1994 window, with all players to be traded to other clubs. Selections will be allocated to Team GWS so the club can trade for established players, but the club will not have access to these 17-year-olds. If the four trades are not completed in the 2011 post-season, the balance of up to four trades may be used in the 2012 trading period.

thankyou Londontiger.  :cheers :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tom Scully to Richmond in 3-4 years [merged]
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2011, 12:31:16 PM »
Very large thread on PRE in the rumours section that suggests its actually RFC he wants to go to, not GWS

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »
Very large thread on PRE in the rumours section that suggests its actually RFC he wants to go to, not GWS

The guy that started the rumour thread just posted on it 'he's gone, and will be at Richmond next year'
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2011, 12:42:20 PM »
The whole thread reads like crap to me.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2011, 02:04:09 PM »
The whole thread reads like crap to me.

haha same. I think Scully will stay his just holding off to push up his money.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2011, 02:35:31 PM »
Rumours, rumours, rumours .... If Scully returns from injury and blitzes in the second half of the season he'll get more money from Melbourne waiting until the end of the season than if he signs now. Scully and his manager holds the upper ground in negotiations with all other parties be it Melbourne, GWS or another club.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/why-scullys-not-the-villain/tabid/91/newsid/71893/default.aspx

TigerTimeII

« Reply #116 on: May 28, 2011, 08:48:16 AM »

The guy that started the rumour thread just posted on it 'he's gone, and will be at Richmond next year'

its no secret scully and his family are all rfc crazy luv this club

and its no secret  that when scully was picked at one he cried , not tears of joy, but because he wanted to be pick 3

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2011, 12:55:25 PM »
Just out of curiosity are GWS allowed to on-trade the uncontracted players they poach from existing clubs?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2011, 10:56:11 PM »
David Schwarz says Tom Scully has been lost to Greater Western Sydney.

Scully has remained passive on the issue, but Schwarz told Channel 7 that he was "98 per cent sure" the 20-year-old star was Sydney bound.

"I think Tom Scully's gone, I think he's signed. For Melbourne it's a bitter blow," Schwarz said of the 2009 No.1 national draft pick. I've heard it from the right people and I trust the people that have told me.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/david-schwarz-says-scully-on-the-move-to-greater-western-sydney/story-e6frf9jf-1226073924729

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2011, 11:30:48 PM »
GWS can have Browne, Graham, Hislop, Nahas and Edwards.

That's 2 quality rucks, 1 top line midfielder, 1 key position forward and 1 gun running half back.   ;D

all we want in return is Scully. A serviceable midfielder with bad knees.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.