Author Topic: Tom Scully to Richmond in 3-4 years [merged]  (Read 38304 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Scully - Whats Next?
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2011, 10:26:30 AM »
Less games this year + an injury cloud will have an effect on his value

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Tom Scully to Richmond in 3-4 years.
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2011, 10:19:10 PM »
morton + tambling pick + our first rounder

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2011, 10:48:26 PM »
I'd rather delist or trade Morton and use both picks in the draft as they will get us two good players which is better than 1 good player
We have enough midfield guns, we need depth

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2011, 08:05:20 AM »
I'd rather delist or trade Morton and use both picks in the draft as they will get us two good players which is better than 1 good player

ooh please. Scully adds to our depth.

No guarantees those picks will deliver anything descent especially with WGS concessions.

Geelong had the midfield that what won them flags. No one knows who to tag at the Lexus Centre. Swan, Thomas, Pendelbury, Sidebottom the list goes on.

We add Scully to our list and Jack would be creaming his pants at the delivery coming in.

We are 1 A grader short in the back half IMO and when we are pushing near the top if one of Vickery or Gus dont come on we should trade for a top ruckman. This would complete our list.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2011, 08:11:01 AM »
gee i have read some crap over the years on this site but this is up there.

Scully not putting his jumper on...dear o dear o dear,

why stop there. I heard Kruzer followed the Tigers there so yep we must still be a chance to grab him.

he followed collingwood actually
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2011, 08:32:27 AM »

No guarantees those picks will deliver anything descent especially with WGS concessions.

Geelong had the midfield that what won them flags. No one knows who to tag at the Lexus Centre. Swan, Thomas, Pendelbury, Sidebottom the list goes on.

We add Scully to our list and Jack would be creaming his pants at the delivery coming in.

We are 1 A grader short in the back half IMO and when we are pushing near the top if one of Vickery or Gus dont come on we should trade for a top ruckman. This would complete our list.
We already have 3 Top 3 draft picks and 1 Pick 6 making up our midfield, how many other midfield's have comprised of that? The only one I can think of is Carlton and they are still too thin down back and up forward, it is not their midfield holding them back. Our pick this year will be something like 8-16 and our compensation pick if we use it in 2012 will be about pick 17-20 there are plenty of gun players picked up with these selections with the talent networks the way they are in modern recruitment.

Jack Darling went Pick 26, Nathan Fyfe Pick 20, Luke Tapscott Pick 20, Steele Sidebottom Pick 11, Luke Shuey Pick 18, Jackson Trengove Pick 22 ,David Zaharakis Pick 23, Jack Redden Pick 25, Dayne Beams Pick 29, Jack Grimes Pick 14, Callan Ward Pick 19, Jack Riewoldt Pick 13, Shaun Hampson Pick 17, Chris Dawes Pick 28.

Would you be willing to give up a combination of Fyfe/Shuey/Tapscott and Darling/Riewoldt/Dawes just for Scully? I certainly wouldn't, just like I would prefer Pick 3, 20 & Josh Kennedy to Chris Judd.

We could have two of these players with those picks which would go a long way towards fixing our depth in areas we are weaker, just like Carlton up forward and down back. Not to mention it should be easier to balance the TPP with some players like the ones I listed there rather than another player like Scully who will demand massive money. West Coast only had Judd, Kerr & Cousins as their absolute superstar mids, potentially we have more than that already.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2011, 09:53:44 AM »
would be great for club, not to mention "sticking it up Garry lyons nose"
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

gerkin greg

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2011, 10:21:23 AM »
I would prefer Pick 3, 20 & Josh Kennedy to Chris Judd.

Juddy every time
every single time

Juddy  :bow

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2011, 10:29:38 AM »
gee i have read some crap over the years on this site but this is up there.

Scully not putting his jumper on...dear o dear o dear,

why stop there. I heard Kruzer followed the Tigers there so yep we must still be a chance to grab him.

he followed collingwood actually

Just thought you'd reply two years later?

I would prefer Pick 3, 20 & Josh Kennedy to Chris Judd.

Juddy every time
every single time

Juddy  :bow

Sick bastard. Save that Carlton praise for the missus

gerkin greg

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2011, 10:41:59 AM »

:lol

Juddy is a SUPERSTAR
one of the all time greats
Masten, Notte & Kennedy  :lol shizzle the bedizzle

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2011, 10:58:11 AM »
Hop off the wankers jock mate

Kennedy goes alright.  ;D

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2011, 01:07:51 PM »

:lol

Juddy is a SUPERSTAR
one of the all time greats
Masten, Notte & Kennedy  :lol shizzle the bedizzle
Depends on what stage of development your club is at. Chris Judd would have done nothing for our club to get us towards a premiership as he will be retiring before we get to that stage. I said I'd like the picks, not the players that West Coast took with those picks. Kennedy would be a very good forward teaming up with Jack plus at Pick 3 we could have had picked a player like Jarrad Grant, Patrick Dangerfield, Cyril Rioli, Jack Grimes or Callan Ward along with Pick 20 getting us Tayte Pears, Andy Otten or Levi Greenwood, etc.

Are you telling me you would prefer Chris Judd for 5-6 years when we are nowhere near ready to play finals instead of Cyril Rioli, Tayte Pears & Josh Kennedy for 10-12 years? That's a quality key forward, key back and freak midfielder/forward, you can build your side around that, not just one player.

I was also talking about the mentality too, these are only the players from that draft. If we are talking about using the 1st round picks we have instead of trading them away for one player, the logic still applies. I was just using the Judd trade as an example.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2011, 01:20:17 PM »

We already have 3 Top 3 draft picks and 1 Pick 6 making up our midfield, how many other midfield's have comprised of that? The only one I can think of is Carlton and they are still too thin down back and up forward, it is not their midfield holding them back. Our pick this year will be something like 8-16 and our compensation pick if we use it in 2012 will be about pick 17-20 there are plenty of gun players picked up with these selections with the talent networks the way they are in modern recruitment.

Jack Darling went Pick 26, Nathan Fyfe Pick 20, Luke Tapscott Pick 20, Steele Sidebottom Pick 11, Luke Shuey Pick 18, Jackson Trengove Pick 22 ,David Zaharakis Pick 23, Jack Redden Pick 25, Dayne Beams Pick 29, Jack Grimes Pick 14, Callan Ward Pick 19, Jack Riewoldt Pick 13, Shaun Hampson Pick 17, Chris Dawes Pick 28.

Would you be willing to give up a combination of Fyfe/Shuey/Tapscott and Darling/Riewoldt/Dawes just for Scully? I certainly wouldn't, just like I would prefer Pick 3, 20 & Josh Kennedy to Chris Judd.

We could have two of these players with those picks which would go a long way towards fixing our depth in areas we are weaker, just like Carlton up forward and down back. Not to mention it should be easier to balance the TPP with some players like the ones I listed there rather than another player like Scully who will demand massive money. West Coast only had Judd, Kerr & Cousins as their absolute superstar mids, potentially we have more than that already.

Thats the thing we could have those players if we recruit correctly but there are no guarantees.

Your assuming the players those picks would net would be of the calibre of Fyfe, Shuey and Darling.

For the record Eagles used those picks to select Masten and Tony Notte. Such guns they are at this stage of proceedings
GWS will scoop the talent pool again so chances of success are reduced again. I would rather we turn our attention to the VFL like every one else is doing

Scully is potential A grade(injury free) and this would allow us to use Lids across half back without a need to rush him in the mid.

You can never have enough elite midfielders players

Hawks.       Rioli, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Hodge
Geelong.     Ablett, Bartell, Selwood, Chappy, Corey
Pies.          Swan, Pendlebury, Thomas, Shaw Back

Tigers currently. Dusty, Cotch, Lids.. as potential A graders. Foley on his way back but who knows.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2011, 01:41:20 PM »

Thats the thing we could have those players if we recruit correctly but there are no guarantees.

Your assuming the players those picks would net would be of the calibre of Fyfe, Shuey and Darling.

For the record Eagles used those picks to select Masten and Tony Notte. Such guns they are at this stage of proceedings
GWS will scoop the talent pool again so chances of success are reduced again. I would rather we turn our attention to the VFL like every one else is doing

Scully is potential A grade(injury free) and this would allow us to use Lids across half back without a need to rush him in the mid.

You can never have enough elite midfielders players

Hawks.       Rioli, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Hodge
Geelong.     Ablett, Bartell, Selwood, Chappy, Corey
Pies.          Swan, Pendlebury, Thomas, Shaw Back

Tigers currently. Dusty, Cotch, Lids.. as potential A graders. Foley on his way back but who knows.
Of course you need to back your recruiters, although ours have done pretty well with our 1st round picks since 2006 so I'd be willing to back them in.
The thing is you are not only taking the chance to get more than 1 gun player, but you are creating a more even team over the park and not putting your eggs in one basket. What if Judd/Scully was to do their knee? Your entire investment is damaged rather than perhaps only one of two or one of three going down. Even now Scully is injured and may walk out of the club at the end of the year, that's a massive loss where as with more than one player you'd still have something left. Sure Collingwood has their elite players in the midfield, but the rest of their side is so even across the ground, the Saints who are weak at the bottom end of their 22 have had nothing but failure at the last hurdle.

Each side you listed has only 4 or 5 elite mids, when we already have Lids, Cotchin, Martin, Foley & potentially Conca. That's already 4-5, so do we really need to trade away 2-3 first rounders to add another to that list? Other than the A grade mids to build the enginer room around, you really do need a good 10-12 quality midfielders to have a successful side. Multiple first rounders would be a much better way to get there than just trying to get another elite player. I'd rather we traded for another ruckman as the last piece of the puzzle.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2011, 02:25:53 PM »
Does my head in knowing his family and he also are Richmond mad.

But we got Martin. :cheers