Author Topic: Round 1: Richmond Vs Carlton  (Read 16883 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Carlton Vs Richmond
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 08:55:21 PM »
I don't know his name but did anyone else here one of the fill-in SEN commentators this morning say the Carlton-Richmond rivalry doesn't really exist these days?! 

???

86,000 round 1 last year???
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 08:05:34 PM »
Umm doesn't exist.

The biggest crowd for the H and A all season last year?

Too many younguns on the radio. ;D

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 12:07:31 AM »
REVENGE!

:)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »
Marc Murphy admits he'll be underdone for round 1 and with only be used in "short, sharp bursts"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/89248/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 06:29:23 AM »
From the Sunday Herald-Sun ......

YOU can almost smell the anticipation building about the fast-approaching footy season. On Thursday, March 25, about 80,000 Richmond and Carlton fans will pack the MCG for the opening game of what for many is a six-month religious festival.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 08:57:39 PM »
From the Sunday Herald-Sun ......

YOU can almost smell the anticipation building about the fast-approaching footy season. On Thursday, March 25, about 80,000 Richmond and Carlton fans will pack the MCG for the opening game of what for many is a six-month religious festival.
It would again show our amazing pulling power despite being crap if we did get 80k but it's hard to see us reaching that high this time around without the hype of Cuz vs Judd and our low expectations this year. Even Blues fans may drop off given Fev is gone and no Judd. A crowd of 70k would be a good result for mine.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 10:02:40 PM »
JUST WIN!

:)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 11:54:19 PM »
Just Boozeing BF and amazed at how many rate Carlton not only a finals chance but top 4.

I Don't!  Which for mine makes round 1 all the more important for us, an average side with Major doubts on it's scoring power - LOL at Setanta as the great white hope. Missing it's money bags I am greater than thou leader.

Man I am real nervous, if we dont win ! I think a poster on BF summed it up with -

I will be going home crying, either tears of joy - OR oh no here we far ken go again

Tears of joy you may ask? - Because I hate the nuts and would love to shove it up there rsoles with a season opener from hell.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 12:03:45 AM »
Just Boozeing BF and amazed at how many rate Carlton not only a finals chance but top 4.

I Don't!  Which for mine makes round 1 all the more important for us, an average side with Major doubts on it's scoring power - LOL at Setanta as the great white hope. Missing it's money bags I am greater than thou leader.

Man I am real nervous, if we dont win ! I think a poster on BF summed it up with -

I will be going home crying, either tears of joy - OR oh no here we far ken go again

Tears of joy you may ask? - Because I hate the nuts and would love to shove it up there rsoles with a season opener from hell.

I am blown away every time I read on many forums and in the papers and on the web how highly people rate the Blues. I really don't rate them and think last year was a fluke. Without Judd they are nothing, sure Gibbs is excellent and so is Murphy but Judd kills the pig in their side. Fev is gone and really they are just a basic side with no real standouts other than what I have mentioned.

At least we have Deledio, Cousins, Future Cotch and future Martin to get excited about. Add to that Griffiths, Taylor..... the list goes on for us IMO, the list is short for the scum IMO.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 08:14:58 PM »
Blues missing Fev big time based on that first quarter. Really struggling for a forward target. Henderson has offered them nothing as has Kreuzer.

LOL at the dopey ump thinking the train going past the ground was the siren  :rollin 

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 08:35:49 PM »
Bower's been good, though.  Joseph, Davies and Anderson, too.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 09:03:45 PM »
If rumours were correct, we went pretty hard at trying to acquire Brock McLean a couple of seasons back.....

All I can say is PHEW.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2010, 09:17:30 PM »
Bower is a very underrated footballer. Was very good last year for the Blues as a midsized defender.

Apart from that though the Blues have been very ordinary. Just 4 goals in 3 quarters and making a heap of basic mistakes. Even Walls has called them a rabble  :lol

the claw

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2010, 09:53:09 PM »
Bower is a very underrated footballer. Was very good last year for the Blues as a midsized defender.

Apart from that though the Blues have been very ordinary. Just 4 goals in 3 quarters and making a heap of basic mistakes. Even Walls has called them a rabble  :lol
hes hardly a mid sized defender. at 192cm and 92kg hes as big as any kpd we have. hes a tall running defender who will probably get the likes of franklin because of his running ability.
i saw a bit of him at peel and liked him  as a junior. watching him match up on the likes of josh kennedy was worth going to watch.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2010, 04:10:06 AM »
Carlton fans already spitting the dummy  ;D

Quote from: verbs
Yikes. Richmond are gonna give us a smashing.  :(

Fevola made Ratten look good. Fevola made Carlton look good. Ratten doesn't have Fevola. Carlton doesn't have Fevola.

Fin.

Quote from: Synbad
Fev or no Fev... we didnt even control the game... chip chip chip.. poohouse gameplan... poohouse structures.. players didnt have a clue what to do.... more of the same.. except Fevolaless......

Fev made Ratts look ok..to the unobservnt me thinks.....

Everyones players come on and look like they have a grasp of the game except our own....

In my opinion youre going to really see Ratts exposed as the coach hes pretending to be this year.

Quote from: 2ndeffort
I dont understand all the negativity. The game i saw tonight was a total triumph and an obvious change of gameplan. As many on here have speculated, the key is obviously being unpredictable!!!! I sat 10 mins ago and thought the game through and clearly the highlight for me was exactly that, the unpredictableness of it. Many of the players carried this off to a T. Heath Scotland in particular was very unpredictable especially with his marking. Brock McLean was so unpredictable there were entire quarters of the game when I couldnt tell if he was even on the park, for a bloke touted as a major part of our team and someone needing close attention from the opposition, this was a strategic master-stroke and must have seemed entirely unpredictable to the Swans. Our forward line was also a highlight, most would have expected all of our tall players to mark the ball and kick a score, that they managed to avoid that would have come as a total surprise to the Swans. Thank goodness we got rid of that Fevola bloke, I can now see how a dominant forward demanding the ball inside our forward 50 would have totally upset the unpredictability of our forward line tonight. Imagine if he had kicked 4 or 5 goals tonight, what would that have done to our unpredictability...pfft!!! As for recruiting, thank goodness we avoided that Jetta kid in the draft, it looks almost predictable that he will be a star with pace and a thumping accurate kick, there would be no place for him at the blues!

http://www.talkingcarlton.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27479&start=140