Author Topic: Jake King wins appeal, suspension reduced to one week  (Read 10554 times)

the claw

Re: Jake King wins appeal, suspension reduced to one week
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2010, 11:49:50 PM »
thats good , he'll be straight into the side, for mine is more capable than Hislop or thompson
geez i hope not anyway who will he replace.
small backs newman tambling farmer are miles in front of him. small forwards  nason nahas roberts even unfit,  morton and a rotating mid. cant play mid field cant play back because of skill issues.
what ever happened to only playing good kicks where possible. if hardwick wants credability i hope he can stick to his mantra.

His "Mantra" was to recuit good kicks not play good kicks. until he has had 2-3 years to turn over the list there is no way he could stick to that.
oh i see.  so he  is to play shizenhousen kicks  while attempting to  improve the way we play  ::)
  sheesh common sense says while recruiting decent kicks is important  the same sort of thing can be applied to current players.
if kicking is so important  why would you play king in front of anybody.  as i said down back hes behind farmer  tambling connors  dea newman  probably webberley sheesh even mcmuffin kicks better.
forward  a blind man would play  roberts   morton  nason  even nahas whose skills leave a bit to be desired. bloody hell we have to fit one of the mids  as well cotchin or collins are easily better long term options than king. geez if we are talking skills  taylor would get  a game in front of him.

lets get it into our heads  king never was and never will be an afl standard player  and its not as if we dont have adequate alternative options to him. i hope the only reason he managed to stay put was the fact he was contracted. end of contract end of another useless piece of.  well better to not say it. god help us all hes just a smaller  version and if possible a worse skilled player than probably the worst rfc footballer of recent times fleming.

why do we keep on defending nuffas and poor decisions by the club.  on the latter sure they are new  to the caper  but because they are new they sure as hell will get it wrong.
we / hardwick  have a mantra its a damn good one if you ask me. lets stick to it and stop finding excuses to change  tack when it suits.   jake king  does not meet  any mantra  especially skills.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2010, 09:56:06 AM »
jake king  does not meet  any mantra  especially skills.

I believe Jake King would not get a game with any other team in the competition.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2010, 10:14:53 AM »
he would at melbourne and freo lol

seriously, jake can be a handyplayer but must play up fwd or fwd of centre, he gets exposed in defence but can play both a defensive and attacking role in our fwd line, at least he can kick goals unlike hislop!!!!!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2010, 10:26:44 AM »

seriously, jake can be a handyplayer but must play up fwd or fwd of centre, he gets exposed in defence but can play both a defensive and attacking role in our fwd line, at least he can kick goals unlike hislop!!!!!

Kick goals?

King's record last year was 5 goals, 4 behinds, while Hislop's was 9 goals, 5 behinds.  So who should be learning from who?

Bottom line is none because neither of them have the skills at this stage to be in a final 8 team, let alone our next premiership but at least Hislop has natural ability to read the play, take a mark and is 4 years younger than King.  I can't say I can see any kind of strength in Jake King besides being a tenacious tryer, which Hislop is as well anyway.
EAT EM ALIVE!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2010, 10:52:13 AM »

Kick goals?

King's record last year was 5 goals, 4 behinds, while Hislop's was 9 goals, 5 behinds.  So who should be learning from who?

Bottom line is none because neither of them have the skills at this stage to be in a final 8 team, let alone our next premiership but at least Hislop has natural ability to read the play, take a mark and is 4 years younger than King.  I can't say I can see any kind of strength in Jake King besides being a tenacious tryer, which Hislop is as well anyway.
u r a moron
hislop played the whole yr up fwd, what a great return lol idiot

king played the whole yr down back bar the last couple of rounds. where he played more mid, remember the game v the bombers, bog, 3 goals

king is better than hislop by a mile

do ur homework

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2010, 11:02:13 AM »

At a pinch Melbourne not at Freo IMO anyway.
I think you overrate Jake's abilities X but it'll be interesting to see how he goes under Hardwick's tutelage.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2010, 11:22:17 AM »
Unless king learns to cotrol his agression, by continually putting his head over ball with purpose and shepherding/blocking, rather than running around taking cheap snipes he brings nothing of value to the team.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2010, 11:40:40 AM »

Kick goals?

u r a moron
hislop played the whole yr up fwd, what a great return lol idiot

king played the whole yr down back bar the last couple of rounds. where he played more mid, remember the game v the bombers, bog, 3 goals

king is better than hislop by a mile

do ur homework

Lol, there is the X I know, has no idea so he starts abusing people instead to make himself feel better.

For a start King didn't play down back "all year", in fact he would have been lucky to play 3 games down back.  He barely played one third of the season.

Secondly Hislop does not play deep forward and was not expected to be a goal scoring machine.

Thirdly against Essendon Jake King kicked 1 goal in a performance miles away from B.O.G.  Perhaps you are getting Jake and Jack mixed up as Jack kicked 6.

Fourthly Jake King kicked 3 goals against Sydney where we were embarrassed in a flogging and was still not B.O.G.  And if King kicking 3 means he's good at kicking goals forward why the hell did we not keep such one time goal scorers like Cleve Hughes and Jay Schulz.   :rollin

Lastly, if you are suggesting that King should be teaching anyone how to kick perhaps you should look at the first line of your post again and neither King could learn more off Hislop than Hislop could off King, and that's a scary statement to make considering the limitations in Hislop's game.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »
Should be a tagger and thats all