Author Topic: Jake King wins appeal, suspension reduced to one week  (Read 10601 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jake King cops two weeks for striking
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2010, 09:02:36 AM »
This bloke is deluding himself if he thinks there are no cheap shots in the game. There are more cheap shots than ever before, just not big hits, or acts of outright thuggery. Every game you see players from all sides taking snide, cheap shots at opposition players, safe in the knowledge that they wont get any real retaliation, acts that 30 years ago would have earned a well deserved smack in the chops in return.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

bushranger

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2010, 07:45:10 PM »
The AFL players association has ruled that the CODE OF SILENCE be renamed.
It will now be called the CLOKE OF SILENCE.
This way you can squeal like a pig at anytime you like.  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Footballing brotherhood dead again (Age)
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2010, 08:11:07 PM »
The accusation that Cloke lagged on King not just once, but twice, is particularly rich. Once he had told the umpire in charge he'd been struck by King, and there was unsatisfactory video evidence, Cloke was always going to have to speak to an investigator. What was he supposed to tell him: ''Sorry, just kidding''?
Pretty much what McGuane did last year when Cloke allegedly bit him and Lukey was quizzed by the ump. Lukey just shrugged his shoulders.

That supposed code can be a little tricky when you have a case on either side of the equation.
That's how the code of silence existed. The victim one time would be the aggressor the next and both parties needed the other to get off at the tribunal.

Personally, I prefer a game that's a celebration of skill as well as genuine toughness
Rohan also preferred a certain FF with the nickname 'velvet sledgehammer' always diving and feigning for soft frees  :wallywink
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2010, 09:55:52 AM »
Thought Gale's take on the code of silence was interesting. If you're asked you should answer truthfully and I have no issue with that.
Cloke on the other hand has squealed and that's where the criticism is stemming from.

Bottom line though is if Jake is striking a player off the ball it's pretty hard to defend him & honestly I can't really see Cloke making it up and sticking to it so stoically.
So if indeed King did hit Cloke behind play it's pretty ordinary. There's no place for that type of sniping in the modern game and it shouldn't be confused with 'toughness', 'flying the flag', 'heart' or any of that other rubbish.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2010, 10:01:37 AM »
Thought Gale's take on the code of silence was interesting. If you're asked you should answer truthfully and I have no issue with that.
Cloke on the other hand has squealed and that's where the criticism is stemming from.

Bottom line though is if Jake is striking a player off the ball it's pretty hard to defend him & honestly I can't really see Cloke making it up and sticking to it so stoically.
So if indeed King did hit Cloke behind play it's pretty ordinary. There's no place for that type of sniping in the modern game and it shouldn't be confused with 'toughness', 'flying the flag', 'heart' or any of that other rubbish.

there is nothing wrong with king hitting a cloke, one should be rewarded for doing so

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2010, 10:02:38 AM »
there is nothing wrong with king hitting a cloke, one should be rewarded for doing so

Will be with a three week holiday.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2010, 10:11:14 AM »
who cares , when we play th epies again , cloke will be pooting himself

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2010, 10:22:51 AM »
who cares , when we play th epies again , cloke will be pooting himself

Got a feeling Jake king might be playing his last game of AFL in rnd 17 and will do an Alistair Lynch

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2010, 07:53:25 PM »

Well said.

He was also very guarded in his response to whether they would contest the charge.
Was king dragged just after the incident ?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2010, 10:30:33 PM »
King should be rewarded for belting that faggett Choke, err.. Cloke.
Push up!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
I'm no dobber, says Cloke (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2010, 07:19:05 AM »
I couldn't find it on the web yet but in the Herald-Sun today Cloke says he's no dobber...

COLLINGWOOD forward Travis Cloke has protested his innocence, declaring ``I'm no dobber'' after he was accused of lagging on Richmond's Jake King. Cloke remains adamant he didn't ``dob'' on King to any umpire or the AFL's investigator after their practice match....

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: I'm no dobber, says Cloke (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2010, 07:27:12 AM »
I couldn't find it on the web yet but in the Herald-Sun today Cloke says he's no dobber...

COLLINGWOOD forward Travis Cloke has protested his innocence, declaring ``I'm no dobber'' after he was accused of lagging on Richmond's Jake King. Cloke remains adamant he didn't ``dob'' on King to any umpire or the AFL's investigator after their practice match....

On what basis then has King been reported? A sound?

Pffft.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: I'm no dobber, says Cloke (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2010, 01:27:08 AM »

On what basis then has King been reported? A sound?

Pffft.
They were talking about this on the radio last night. The report wouldn't have been made if Cloke hadn't mentioned anything to the umpire who then is required to have the AFL investigator look into it and talk to Cloke. Ridiculous of Cloke now to make out he didn't say anything  ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2010, 12:35:02 PM »
Tiger King to risk three matches at tribunal
By Luke Holmesby
Tue 16 March, 2010

RICHMOND defender Jake King will face the tribunal on Tuesday night to fight the charge laid against him from last week’s NAB Challenge game against Collingwood.

King was charged with striking Magpie Travis Cloke and was offered a two-match ban. By choosing to fight the charge instead of entering an early guilty plea, he is risking a three-week suspension.

No umpire reported King for the incident during the match and no clear video evidence for the charge was shown.

The charge was delayed until this week as any potential sanction would not affect King’s availability for last week’s NAB Challenge match against Essendon.

Cloke’s account of the incident is likely to have played a part in King being charged, with the Magpie forward among those quizzed in a match review panel investigation into the incident in recent days.

King’s only chance of being available for the Tigers’ round-one clash against Carlton on March 25 lies in successfully defending himself against the charge.

King’s charge:
The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a level three offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has an existing bad record of two matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 20 per cent to 250 points. He also has 39.06 points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 309.06 points and a three-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 231.80 points and a two-match sanction.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/90614/default.aspx

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2010, 01:15:23 PM »
King’s charge:
The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a level three offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has an existing bad record of two matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 20 per cent to 250 points. He also has 39.06 points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 309.06 points and a three-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 231.80 points and a two-match sanction.

Can someone please explain to me how 250 + 39.06 = 309.06