Author Topic: Jake King wins appeal, suspension reduced to one week  (Read 10540 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jake King cops two weeks for striking
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 08:34:52 AM »
So True RR, so true. If the clokes had a dog, it would be loyal and faithful, even to them.

It frustrates me the way dogs are denigrated as such - perhaps people need to start using the term," A Clokes act".
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 08:52:51 AM »
McGuane should have spoken up last year when Cloke bit him.

So can King tell the AFL that Cloke hit him first or doesn't King get any say?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 09:03:49 PM »
So can King tell the AFL that Cloke hit him first or doesn't King get any say?
The Club has asked for extra time so it sounds like we are interviewing witnesses or reviewing the footage. No news on that as far as I know (?). Kingy is no loss for us in round 1 so it's no skin off our nose but in fairness to him Cloke was hardly innocent in all this going by the Hun photos. Two Pies had Kingy pinned down on his back.

ps. A belated happy birthday for yesterday btw wayne  :thumbsup :birthday
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 11:53:03 PM »
Another example of Collingwood run competition and media. ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond's Jake King dobbed in by Collingwood's Travis Cloke (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 01:38:03 AM »
Richmond's Jake King dobbed in by Collingwood's Travis Cloke

* Mark Stevens
    * March 10, 2010

TENSIONS between Richmond and Collingwood are close to boiling point amid "dobbing" and biting allegations.

Magpie forward Travis Cloke broke the "code of silence" by twice lagging on rugged Richmond defender Jake King.

In an explosive aftermath to Friday's practice match at Visy Park, it also emerged yesterday that Tigers recruit Dylan Grimes received a rude introduction to league football.

The teenager was allegedly bitten on the back by an unknown Collingwood opponent.

King is facing a two-match ban after Cloke's damning evidence and will today decide if he fights to clear his name at the tribunal.

Cloke approached an umpire during Friday's match and protested that King had struck him to the face.

It is understood the umpire heard a noise behind play, sensing an incident had happened, but did not see it.

Once the complaint was made, the umpire was obliged to fire off a notice of investigation.

Cloke was interviewed again over the weekend and refused to back down on the allegations.

A source last night said of Cloke: "He sang like a bird."

As there was no video footage of the incident, Cloke's evidence was the key factor in King being offered two weeks by the match review panel.

Players have a history of backing down once confronted by an investigator, but Cloke did not hold back when given a second chance to tell his story.

Historically players help opponents in investigations, coming down with a sudden case of amnesia, but it is understood they have been warned that any complaints on match day must be backed up when questions are asked later.

King has a history with Collingwood, copping two matches in Round 20 last season after an altercation with Magpie Alan Didak.

Cloke was also at the centre of controversy in that game.

Tiger Luke McGuane claimed he was bitten by Cloke in that game, but did not go through with the allegations.

If King decides to roll the dice at the tribunal and loses, he will be suspended for three matches.

Given he is in the final year of a contract and fighting for his career, it would be a savage blow to miss the early rounds of the season.

THE bad blood between Richmond and Collingwood all started on a "hot" August afternoon at the MCG last year.

- with Michael Warner

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-jake-king-dobbed-in-by-collingwoods-travis-cloke/story-e6frf9jf-1225838900287

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Collingwood, Richmond tribunal feud on hold (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 01:40:01 AM »
Collingwood, Richmond tribunal feud on hold

* Michael Warner
    * March 10, 2010

THE bad blood between Richmond and Collingwood all started on a "hot" August afternoon at the MCG last year.

It was the day the Tigers were humiliated by 93-points, Jake King ignited a $24,000 melee and Nick Maxwell accused his opponents of using "gutless" tactics.

"It was pretty average on Richmond's part, I think," the Pies skipper declared in the aftermath of the fiery Round 20 encounter.

"A lot of their players were prepared to just go out and fight, obviously knowing we couldn't fight back. Given we've got finals to play, we can't really do anything."

The feisty King was reported back then for striking Alan Didak, sparking a wild melee involving almost every player on the ground. It cost 10 Magpie players $13,800 and eight Tigers another $9600.

In the same game, Tom Hislop copped a one-week ban for a crude elbow to the head of Shane O'Bree, while Luke McGuane appeared to accuse Travis Cloke of biting his hand as they wrestled.

McGuane declined an umpire's offer to go through with his complaint - a point not lost on bemused Richmond officials yesterday in the wake of last Friday's bitter re-match at Visy Park.

It was thanks to Cloke's post-game evidence that King could today find himself on the end of yet another two-week holiday.

Cloke first approached an umpire during Friday's game complaining that he had been struck. When asked about the incident again by AFL investigators at the weekend, Cloke supposedly gave the league enough ammunition to put King out.

But those looking forward to the next instalment of footy Fight Club will be sorely disappointed - the Tigers and Pies don't meet again until Round 17 in July.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/collingwood-richmond-tribunal-feud-on-hold/story-e6frf9jf-1225838903313

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 08:08:08 AM »
July can't come soon enough. I hope we belt the living snot out of the Maggotpoo filth this time 'round.

tony_montana

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 08:16:30 AM »
what a bunch of sooki lalas

richmondrules

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 08:29:43 AM »
None of the Cloke's are dogs. Dogs are renowned for their loyalty :lol

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific in my original assertion.

Cloak is a mangy, rabid, flea-bitten, mutt.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 08:55:17 AM »

Yeah, and he clearly needs to be muzzled too.

bushranger

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2010, 09:08:21 AM »

Yep couldn't agree more with that.
But I do feel sorry for the real animal with all that going on with it but not Cloke&Daggers.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
A source last night said of Cloke: "He sang like a bird."

Tweety and Sylvester
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
King to contest the striking charge
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 12:07:09 PM »
The news just said Kingy is contesting the striking charge and so is risking a 3-week suspension. The hearing will be held next Tuesday night.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: King to contest the striking charge
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 12:10:10 PM »
The news just said Kingy is contesting the striking charge and so is risking a 3-week suspension. The hearing will be held next Tuesday night.

Right decision.

Make Cloke turn up and be seen for the dog that he is.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: King to contest the striking charge
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2010, 12:42:25 PM »

Good idea.

Imagine if the legal system worked like that. No evidence, just the word of the victim.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do